“PERFECTION IN MICKEYLAND”

Ranked #37 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
providence rhode island
“PERFECTION IN MICKEYLAND”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We checked out yesterday at 5 AM, and in 3 minutes were standing at the counter to check- in.
If we didn't have lugggage to check, it would have been 1 minute to TSA checkpoint.

Beautiful hotel, quiet room, (no shower cap and I wasn't about to wait for one), lovely room appointments. Internet is not free, and the TV reception was abysmal (no HD at al). Restaurant was very expensive, but with lovely service. If we had just walked into the terminal there were dozens of restaurants in the food court that were inexpensive.

No hotel could be more convenient for an early morning flight. I loved it!

Room Tip: If early flight ask for a room near elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank sophiebd
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. I am so happy to hear that though you did experience some challenges during your stay, that they did not detract from your overall experience. Please be assured that your concerns are important to us and will be forwarded to our executive management team for follow-up. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! - Ryan, Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We flew into Orlando the day before our Disney cruise was to depart. My mom needed handicapped assistance. We were escorted directly from baggage, to the hotel check in,and to our rooms without having to handle luggage. Room was nice, roomy, and quiet. In the morning, they picked up our luggage and we didn't touch our bags until we were in our stateroom on the ship.
The Hyatt and Disney coordinate well to make your vacation comfortable and enjoyable. The restaurant near the front desk is excellent. They offered a variety of foods and the service was great. Our stay at the Hyatt was the perfect piece of a complex trip.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked an indoor garden area. Nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Krguidry
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Krguidry:

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent stay experience at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. It's great to hear how well our associates were able to assist you and your family for your travel needs. Our Executive Chef at McCoy's will be recognized for the excellent meals prepared. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The location inside the airport terminal cannot be beat, but I was wary that the actual rooms would be nice given how busy the hotel is. I was very pleasantly surprised by both the decor and condition of the rooms. My king room on the 7th floor had a big terrace which could comfortably seat two for drinks, dinner or coffee. Of course, one stays at an airport hotel the minimal amount of time possible, so alas the terrace was not to be enjoyed. Breakfast room service was very nice, prompt and the server was friendly.
As for staff, everyone except the young woman at check in desk duty seemed friendly and happy to be of service. She was fine, but definitely had a bit of a "why are you hassling me by asking me to do my job" attitude.
Overall I would stay here again for the convenience, knowing I would get a good night sleep in a comfortable room.

• Stayed March 2013
Alyssa C, Customer Service at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello susieq71,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review of our property. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. It is surprising that we are inside of the terminal, but that doesnt stop us from providing excellent service and amenities to our guests. I would like to apologize for the initial experience you had at check-in, as that is unacceptable. I will be sure to follow up with our Front Desk Manager so that it can be reviewed and addressed accordingly.

I hope that you will come stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Regards,
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

It was great to know that after a long flight to Orlando, once we landed, we were at our hotel. This hotel was so convenient for us to spend our first night. As we were hiring a car to drive to the Hilton at Bonnet Creek my husband did not want to have to pick up the car directly after the flight as he would be tired and it would mean that he would not be able to have a drink on the plane. It worked wonderfully well to stay overnight at the Hyatt and pick the car up the next morning. The hotel itself is very pleasant and comfortable; a room on the outside away from the noisy concourse is recommended. Also, if you dine in the hotel or visit the bar I suggest you wear warm clothing as the air conditioning is pretty fierce; we Brits come for the warmth and we were not prepared so we shivered throughout our meal. The restaurant was pleasant with attentive, friendly and efficient service. The restaurant overlooks the airport which was very interesting to watch as Orlando is such a busy airport and there was something going on all the time;my husband loved this! The food was very good but unfortunately due to being so cold we could not wait to leave the restaurant.
I would recommend this hotel when you are travelling to or from Orlando; just take a woolly and you'll be fine.
Note to hotel: Save energy and don't have the AC so high!

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside away from the concourse are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Zocinda H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review about our property. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. It is always great when our guests get to take advantage of all the wonderful amenities we have, including our on site restaurants. I hope that when you travel back to the Orlando area, you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

See you soon!
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great décor and beautiful pool. This hotel really suits the late arrival or early morning departure passenger. We have stayed here a few times and it is so convenient. Pick up your bags and go straight to the room or get a day room if you have lots of time to spare before your flight. Location gives the traveller so many options.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hollyg74,

We really appreciate you leaving such a great review about our property. Our location offers our guests convenience and uniqueness like no other. This is especially true for our guests that fly in late or have early departures the next morning. The added bonus is that you can sneak in a few extra minutes of sleep before the alarm goes off.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

USA/Russia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent the last night of our Disney/Universal trip at Hyatt Regency. I have never regretted spending the extra money to begin or end a trip here. That way, I can maximize our time in the resorts, get some extra sleep and make my trip 10 times easier on myself.
After checkin, the bell hop took our luggage up to our room. It was late and we just wanted to crash in a comfy bed and watch TV. That's exactly what happened.
In the morning, the bell hop came and took our luggage straight to the luggage drop off. I didn't have to touch my suitcases! What convenience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mkouzmine
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I’m thrilled that you had such a delightful stay at our property. It’s great to hear the convenience of our location made your trip much more enjoyable. We want our guests to have a relaxed and comfortable experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We hope to welcome you back to our property in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If your flight arrives MCO in the mid-night and do not want to drive after a long day of flight, it is the place. Room is expense just for 8 hours of sleep and the average room rate is USD200+. The Wi-Fi is provided by the airport authority and ATT. If you are not an ATT Internet customer, you need to pay for it and is not cheap and the signal is poor. They do have a PC terminal in the lobby that allow you just check-in and print boarding passes or book other Hyatt properties. During the 8 hour stay, the hotel gave me a king bed suite and I was not impressed. It has a view of the parking lot and unlike DWF I cannot see planes take off and land. The AC is very noisy and I did not sleep well.

Room Tip: If you want good WIFI signal, the staff says lower floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear VT94588,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay. I would like to take this opportunity to extend my apologies with regards to your recent visit, as it seems that we did not exceed your expectations. I will be sure to pass along these comments to the appropriate departments so that they can be reviewed and addressed accordingly. In just a few weeks times, the hotel will have a brand new wireless internet system that will have great connection speed.

I hope when in Orlando, you will give us another try so that we can better accommodate you in the future.

Regards,