My fiance and I stayed at this airport hotel in January, 2013. We stayed in a Jr Suite, at the GOV rate (military). If you are flying out of the Orlando International Airport, you won't find a more convenient hotel. In fact, if you have never been, then the directions/instructions I'd give to go to the airport like you are getting on your flight and just stop short of the security gate and that is where the hotel is. Find the elevator and take it up to reception.
Things went smoothly at reception and we got checked in pretty quickly. Our room was a very long walk but very much worth it. The Jr Suite was massive. Upon entering, you have a decent size dinner table with chairs, a large, flat panel TV, and then toward the back of that part of the room, a very nice sitting area with a couch, chairs, and end tables. The bed is tucked around the corner (when you walk in the door, you can't see the bed). There is another large, flat panel TV, two end tables, some dressers, and the bathroom was off to the right. The bathroom was very large but nothing particularly special. Don't get me wrong, it was nice, but just your standard two sink set up, tub/shower combo, etc.
I picked up a wireless signal, which I think may have came from the aiport, not the hotel, but I honestly don't remember...just remember it worked. There was a refrigerator and microwave as well. Bed was a large King, with lots of blankets and pillows and very comfortable....very good night sleep. There was somewhat of a minor noise issue...being able to hear others nearby...but my fiance and I noticed a cheering/gynastics event seemed to be in town so I think there were lots of young "tumblers" jumping around. Fortunately, the noise died down and did not prove to be a problem throughout the night.
My fiance ordered room service for dinner. I think she had chicken soup, a salad, and some fruit. She seemed happy with it and it was delivered in a very reasonable amount of time.
In the morning we had breakfast in the hotel restaurant, which was a buffet. Compared to most hotel breakfast buffets, I'd say it was pretty decent value. They had lots of options....pancakes, waffles, french toaste, eggs, meats, cheese, oatmeal, pastries, donuts, dry cereal, etc, etc.....I was very happy wth all the options and the quality of food. I think it was around $35 for both of us, give or take.
We then went back to the room, grabbed our bags, checked out, and we were steps away from security. You can literally buy yourself at least 90 minutes of extra sleep by choosing this place as your hotel option.
There is a pretty nice pool area sort of on the rooftop. We checked it out but didn't spend any time out there. I don't think you'd do much swimming, as the pool is small, but the area is nice. No hottub though, which is kind of weird (at least not out by the pool anyway). They have a fitness center; we checked it out but didn't use it; I think I recall it being more than adequate for most folks.
The hotel is a little prices, as you are paying a "convenience tax" but it is probably worth it. Certainly if you can avail yourself of a GOV rate it is even a better deal.
We will definitely be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 4 diamond hotel is located inside the Orlando Intl Airport with the hotels elegant decor and artwork, combined with superior food & beverage service that makes for a luxury hotel experience 445 soundproof guest rooms and 42,000 sq ft. of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando International Airport
- Hotel Hyatt Orlando Regency
- Hyatt Regency Orlando Intl Airport