“Of course, it's the location!”

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #36 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 3, 2012

First off let's get to the obvious...the hotel is conveniently located in Orlando International Airport (not AT the airport, but IN the airport). Now that can be helpful to some business travelers, but not so to some with families. The hotel was great and the rooms were clean, but I'm glad I only had to stay one night because the parking is a headache. Parking is located within the airport and we already know how much of a headache that is!

The restaurant was a nice experience at midnight. Glad it stayed opened to 12:30 am. Great service and nice drinks. Overall, I had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely DEFINITELY recommend to business travelers not wanting to drive/commute too much while in Orlando.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms can be a bit of a walk from the elevators...request a room close to elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Alyssa C, Customer Service at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Hello fla_luvah,

Thank you for leaving such wonderful comments regarding our hotel. I am deligthed to hear that you enjoyed your experience so much. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our Restauarnt Managers. Our location makes it very easy to catch an early morning flight or find relaxtion after a later arrival.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Warm Regards
Alyssa C.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my second time staying at this property, and I once again wonder if this is the best airport hotel in the world. If you're getting in late (or, even more importantly, flying out early) the location is unbeatable INSIDE the Orlando airport terminal. And the magic doesn't stop there: the hotel feels like a resort, both in the public areas and in the rooms. Indeed, I've stayed in fancy resorts where my room wasn't as nice. This time, they upgraded me to an "executive" room (I've got platinum status in the Hyatt loyalty program) and I think the room was even a little larger than the regular large rooms. Staff is courteous and efficient and, as a previous reviewer noted, the hotel feels like an oasis at the airport.

All that said, I think this hotel is nicer than it needs to be. Honestly, you don't need an over-the-top luxury hotel at the airport. You're likely to be staying just for the night since, despite the comfort, I don't think many people want to "live at the airport" while visiting a city. And MCO isn't that convenient to most sites/businesses in Orlando. I think something like a mid-priced Hyatt Place would have made more sense for the terminal. But this beautiful hotel is there, so you might as well use it -- IF you can afford it. Because it is so convenient and so pleasant, room rates tend to be signficantly higher than other MCO airport hotels. The first time I stayed here, I luckily got this hotel by "naming my own price" on priceline. This time, I used my annual free night certificate from having a Hyatt credit card. Otherwise, you're probably looking at about $150/night. Worth it? You decide. But it is a great airport hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. It's great to hear what keeps you coming back to stay at our hotel. We're pleased you enjoyed the upgraded room during your visit. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to our staff. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here the night before a Disney visit. Checked in online, flew in, dropped off bags, took family for dinner and shopping in the terminal. Woke up early and rolled onto the Magic Express. We always stay here when our inbound flight is later in the day and we can't get a full day in at Disney.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CDNtraveller66
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We're glad you had a great time. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel to check in after 9 hr flight from uk , so after over an hour on top in 600+ line at immigration I was pleased I chose this hotel , room ok , great beds ,tv ,shower , pleasant staff ,stayed here before so knew why it was an easy choice, will choose this hotel for a day stay 10-6 if we fly out of US later at night

• Stayed: November 2012

Hello Paul W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review about our hotel! We are so happy that you were able to enjoy your stay after such a long flight from the UK. I will be sure to let the staff know about your kind words, as it is sure to put a smile on their faces.

We look forward to having you back at our hotel and are pleased to have exceed your expectations.

Warm Regards,
Alyssa C.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Orlando AIrport Hyatt on Friday November 15, 2012. I have stayed here a number of times this year and most years, and yet this hotel never seems to disappoint. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The deluxe rooms nicely oversized and well-appointed. Despite the hectic and busy location (in the Orlando Airport terminal), the hotel itself is like an oasis of calm. Staff are pleasant and proficient. Food service is consistently good and timely, if not avante guard or exciting. But who wants exciting when in the process of traveling?

My only warning, the hotel is very spread out without only a single location for elevators. Thus, even rooms requested as "close to elevator" often wind up on the "back 40".....

Room Tip: I had a deluxe oversized King. And it was HUGE (600 sf+) with a full sitting area and desk. as well...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled you had an amazing stay. It's always great to hear what keeps our guests coming back. We're pleased you enjoyed our comfortable guestrooms. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Hyatt never disappoints and this one is no exception. The beds are wonderful,everything is clean and the staff is very accommodating. I was concerned about noise from the terminal and airplanes but I didn't hear a thing. Very nice place to stay for an overnight while waiting for a flight or for a business meeting.

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony overlooking the airport terminal.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Petwriter
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Your recommendation is our greatest compliment! It's always great to read when our guests have a fabulous stay at our property. I'm pleased that you found your room to be comfortable and found the staff to be very friendly. We want to make sure that our guests are well cared for and have everything they need to make for a memorable experience. I hope we can welcome you back to our property in the future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed November 26, 2012

After a 2 hr delay at Gatwick then a nine hour flight it was great to collect luggage and be in hotel in 4 minutes.
Reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. Runway view room was very good but for some reason I thought the runway would be nearer.(personal choice)
McCoys grill was good value for money we had the three small starters.
Again all staff throughout the hotel were extremly helpful and friendly.
For breakfast we ate in the Hemisphere Bar. An excellent choice of hot or cold food.
I really recommed this hotel. Prices are similar to hotels at based at Gatwick Airport

Room Tip: We had room 9015 runway view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank splotto
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear splotto:

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. We're glad we could provide a clean, comfortable room after your long flight. Our Executive Chef at McCoy's and Hemisphere's will be recognized for the delicious meals you enjoyed. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Safe travels!