“Just right after a nine hour flight”

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #36 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 26, 2012

After a 2 hr delay at Gatwick then a nine hour flight it was great to collect luggage and be in hotel in 4 minutes.
Reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. Runway view room was very good but for some reason I thought the runway would be nearer.(personal choice)
McCoys grill was good value for money we had the three small starters.
Again all staff throughout the hotel were extremly helpful and friendly.
For breakfast we ate in the Hemisphere Bar. An excellent choice of hot or cold food.
I really recommed this hotel. Prices are similar to hotels at based at Gatwick Airport

Room Tip: We had room 9015 runway view
4  Thank splotto
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear splotto:

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. We're glad we could provide a clean, comfortable room after your long flight. Our Executive Chef at McCoy's and Hemisphere's will be recognized for the delicious meals you enjoyed. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport

Reviewed November 23, 2012

awesome experience, extremely surprised on the overall cleanliness of the room and bathroom. The attention to detail was quite impressive. Im a super clean freak and bathrooms are the first thing i check, shower, toilet, sink etc.... Spotless!!! very nice to see. The convenience of this hotel was the selling point. Did not have to leave the airport and had a comfortable stay. Starbucks and many stores are just below in the lobby area. Again very convenient! Good Restaurant / Bar area. Overall a very polished hotel with very friendly staff. again , very impressed . Would absolutely stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room to ensure a good nights rest.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Alyssa C, Customer Service at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Hello SimoneEuropa,

Thank you for leaving such a glowing review on our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to leave such wonderful comments. I am deligthed that you enjoyed your stay so much and will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff, especially our Housekeeping team, as they are sure to smile.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Warm Regards,
Alyssa C.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We ended staying in this hotel for three nights due to flight problems, We haven't actually intended staying for any. We were very please with all aspects of the hotel from the friendly, helpful staff to the excellent rooms. I would also recommend the breakfast buffet in the hemisphere restaurant.

If you are going to get 'strained' anywhere, this is the place to get stuck.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear patmed:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. Despite the flight issues, we're delighted to hear that we could help provide a comfortable & quiet hotel for you to enjoy. Our employees will also be recognized for the fantastic customer service provided during your visit. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed one night prior to a transatlantic flight home.
Check-in was quick and we were attended to by a very friendly receptionist. I asked if it was possible for a late check-out the next day, and she gave us the room until 2.00pm. She also upgraded us to a deluxe room indicating it would be quieter for us as we had a long flight ahead.
Room was excellent and very quiet. No complaints at all.
We ate dinner in McCoys within the hotel, and were attended to by Matthew. He was excellent, as was the food.
We also had the fantastic buffet breakfast in the hotel and were attended to by Jaime. He too was excellent.
As we had the full day ahead of us, we wanted a quick visit to the Florida Mall. I asked about taxi transportation at guest services desk and was informed that a local bus number 111, would take me for $2 each way as opposed to $30+ in a taxi, ad drop us right at the mall. Needless to say, we took the bus! Thanks to staff a guest services for this information.
Having stayed at this hotel before, we knew what to expect and we were not disappointed.
Will definitely stay here again.

Dear GlasgowRobbo:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed a comfortable room before your long flight. Matthew will be recognized for his excellent service in McCoy's. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you're in the area.

Safe travels!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here both on arrival and before departing and were absolutely impressed by the total service provided. The rooms were large, well appointed and very comfortable, the staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful and the overall experience was faultless.
We also used the McCoys restaurant for dinner and the hotel's restaurant for breakfast and these did not disappoint - excellent meals and service.

Dear Boris11:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the large & comfortable guestrooms our hotel offers. Our employees will be recognized for the great service provided during your visit. Hyatt takes great pride with this. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a few hours before boarding our flight to DFW. I was able to get the day rate which was very reasonable, you can checking bet 10a-6p i think. Checkin was quick and we were on the way to our room.

Elevator to the rooms is secure, floors after i believe the second or 3rd floor requires card access (floors after the receptionist area and restaurants). Hallways are long though so keep that in mind. Beds are very comfortable, and room was clean. We were able to get a few hours rest before our flight back. As mentioned by others, Hotel is located inside the airport. Its right by terminal entrances, cant remember which ones but the higher numbers i believe.

If I pass thru this airport again and have a few hours, i will definitely get another room at the hyatt.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevators, as the hallways are long and you are in for a long walk.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TX0810
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit. We offer day use rooms from 10am-6pm. This is a great way to rest during a long layover. We're pleased you enjoyed our comfortable rooms. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and looked forward to returning for a night post cruise.

I arrived before noon and was not able to check in right away as the room I was assigned had not been cleaned. No problem, I stored my luggage with the bellmen, walked around the shops and dining area and then met friends for coffee. My room was ready around 2 PM.

I like to be on the side that overlooks the airport! Great for plane spotting. I was on the 6th floor which was a little low and my room did not have a balcony; however, I was able to see lots of planes.

My room was very clean and everything worked properly. The TV had a decent selection of channels so i was able to catch up on TV that I didn't see while cruising. The king sized bed had lots of pillows and was VERY comfortable- I fell asleep and took a short nap.

I love the easy access of this hotel to the ticket counter. I checked my bags in at around 9 AM for my 1 PM flight and then returned to my room for a couple hours! It's nice to be able to remain comfortable in the room until the last minute!

The hotel has 2 restaurants-McCoys which is in the lobby and open daily for lunch and dinner and Hemisphere's on the 9th floor that is open for breakfast daily, and dinner several days during the week.

McCoys was recently renovated and I was happy to see that it looks fresh and modern, but that the basics are still there. I could not really decide what I wanted to eat as I knew I was flying all day the next day. Decided on a burger which was very good. I also had home made blueberry sorbet for dessert-it was VERY tart. I live in the blueberry capital of the planet-New Jersey-so I KNOW how blueberries taste. Yes, sorbet is not necessarily sweet but this was way too tart.

My server was excellent and replaced it with just-finished homemade strawberry ice cream and that was a winner. This is a great restaurant if you're in the hotel or airport. Not cheap but not ridiculously expensive....look, it's in an airport hotel in a huge vacation spot so.....my dinner cost about $20 for the burger, dessert and iced tea-plus tip.

The staff was very friendly overall and my only complaint was that the room was a bit dusty, likely due to the A/C vents needing to be cleaned, and/or filters changed. Other than that, I had no issues and I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: ask for an airport view room on a high floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We're delighted you had a wonderful time in our cozy rooms. Our Hyatt grand beds are a guest favorite and it's great to hear you enjoyed them too. We're pleased you enjoyed our McCoy's restaurant. We look forward to your next visit.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate