“Great Airport Hotel, on the way back to TX after a cruise”

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
Ranked #38 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Texas
“Great Airport Hotel, on the way back to TX after a cruise”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a few hours before boarding our flight to DFW. I was able to get the day rate which was very reasonable, you can checking bet 10a-6p i think. Checkin was quick and we were on the way to our room.

Elevator to the rooms is secure, floors after i believe the second or 3rd floor requires card access (floors after the receptionist area and restaurants). Hallways are long though so keep that in mind. Beds are very comfortable, and room was clean. We were able to get a few hours rest before our flight back. As mentioned by others, Hotel is located inside the airport. Its right by terminal entrances, cant remember which ones but the higher numbers i believe.

If I pass thru this airport again and have a few hours, i will definitely get another room at the hyatt.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevators, as the hallways are long and you are in for a long walk.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TX0810
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit. We offer day use rooms from 10am-6pm. This is a great way to rest during a long layover. We're pleased you enjoyed our comfortable rooms. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and looked forward to returning for a night post cruise.

I arrived before noon and was not able to check in right away as the room I was assigned had not been cleaned. No problem, I stored my luggage with the bellmen, walked around the shops and dining area and then met friends for coffee. My room was ready around 2 PM.

I like to be on the side that overlooks the airport! Great for plane spotting. I was on the 6th floor which was a little low and my room did not have a balcony; however, I was able to see lots of planes.

My room was very clean and everything worked properly. The TV had a decent selection of channels so i was able to catch up on TV that I didn't see while cruising. The king sized bed had lots of pillows and was VERY comfortable- I fell asleep and took a short nap.

I love the easy access of this hotel to the ticket counter. I checked my bags in at around 9 AM for my 1 PM flight and then returned to my room for a couple hours! It's nice to be able to remain comfortable in the room until the last minute!

The hotel has 2 restaurants-McCoys which is in the lobby and open daily for lunch and dinner and Hemisphere's on the 9th floor that is open for breakfast daily, and dinner several days during the week.

McCoys was recently renovated and I was happy to see that it looks fresh and modern, but that the basics are still there. I could not really decide what I wanted to eat as I knew I was flying all day the next day. Decided on a burger which was very good. I also had home made blueberry sorbet for dessert-it was VERY tart. I live in the blueberry capital of the planet-New Jersey-so I KNOW how blueberries taste. Yes, sorbet is not necessarily sweet but this was way too tart.

My server was excellent and replaced it with just-finished homemade strawberry ice cream and that was a winner. This is a great restaurant if you're in the hotel or airport. Not cheap but not ridiculously expensive....look, it's in an airport hotel in a huge vacation spot so.....my dinner cost about $20 for the burger, dessert and iced tea-plus tip.

The staff was very friendly overall and my only complaint was that the room was a bit dusty, likely due to the A/C vents needing to be cleaned, and/or filters changed. Other than that, I had no issues and I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: ask for an airport view room on a high floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We're delighted you had a wonderful time in our cozy rooms. Our Hyatt grand beds are a guest favorite and it's great to hear you enjoyed them too. We're pleased you enjoyed our McCoy's restaurant. We look forward to your next visit.

San Francisco, California

OH. EM. GEE.

I stayed here for a night, as I passed through (Bore)-lando, on my way to a family wedding in Melbourne.

If you need to stay at the airport, you can't beat the location. it's literally, at the terminal. how excellent!

There's an outdoor pool and a fitness center. Although I didn't notice a jacuzzi. (how unfortunate)

Decor is kinda modern/sleek/contemporary. Comfy beds. good water pressure in the showers!

We ate dinner at the restaurant--Hemisphere. Food was ok, and a bit boring in presentation. Giant portions. excellent service from the staff.

Would I stay here again? Only if I had a very early flight in the morning. Because there are other properties in (Bore)lando which are much more suited for a vacation, right?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your recent stay at our property. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay and found the service to be great. I’m glad that our location was convenient for your early morning flight. I’m pleased you were able to dine at our restaurant Hemisphere. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the restaurant staff letting them know you found their service to be excellent. I hope that we can welcome you back to our property in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orlando Intl Airport hotel a half dozen times over the last 10 years and have enjoyed our stay immensely. For convenience, dining, top notch accommodations and beautiful rooms this hotel cannot be beat. It is so fun and relaxing just to lounge by their outdoor pool and watch the planes land as well as watching the airport hustle and bustle high above from the room balcony. We've dined at both McCoy's and Hemisphere and both restaurants are excellent. The grilled salmon at McCoy's has always been perfectly prepared and delicious. The rooms are quiet, luxuriously appointed and the staff at the Hyatt is like the staff at all Hyatt's....first class and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel for any purpose in Orlando. It's simply the best!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Your recommendation and continued loyalty to Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport is greatly appreciated. It’s great to read that all of your experiences at our property have been top notch. I’m glad that you find the level of service to be excellent and the accommodations to be well appointed. Thank you for providing such a wonderful review. We look forward to your return on your next visit to Orlando!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Very very nice. Couldnt be more convenient. Get to watch the goings on in the terminal from the balcony. Either that or get a runway view. Take elevator down and you are in the terminal.

I expected it to be noisy from the planes but rooms are totally sound proof. I didn't hear a thing.

Hotel is so much nicer than you would expect from an airport hotel. I wouldn't have minded staying for a couple of nights actually.

Booked with Expedia for 159. Worth every penny!

• Stayed November 2012
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're pleased you enjoyed our excellent location inside the airport. We look forward to your next stay.

Campbell, California
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was in Florida for 2 weeks, visiting friends and on a Caribbean cruise. This hotel ended up being the best nights sleep I had, and the nicest accomidations. I decided to stay for the convienence for an early morning flight...best decision I could have made.

The hotel rooms are very well appointed, surprisingly quiet, and very comfortable. It's a bit pricey, but I think it was worth every dime and would stay again.

Room Tip: I had an inside room and it was very quiet. Plus, it was fun to watch the airport hussle and bussle...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank wmb_98
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear wmb_98:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. It's great to hear we were able to provide you with the best nights sleep on your getaway! We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Suamico, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here two nights for a business conference. The conference aspect was excellent! Facility, food, service were all top notch as expected. My room was okay but I expected better. First, I could not get a good sleep in. The air system was noisy which surprised me for a hotel like this. Also, I could not get the temperature right so was hot or cold. The shower made a sound like a siren about half the time while using it. A number of the tv channels were not clear. The rest of the room was good as one would expect in a Hyatt.

• Stayed November 2012