Airport hotels are often mostly judged on their convenience, because they tend to be boring and overpriced. If convenience alone were the criterion on which the Hyatt Recency at Orlando airport is to be judged, then you couldn't ask for more--it's RIGHT INSIDE the airport, and you literally step out of the hotel right in front of the security checkpoints. But even putting the convenience aside, this is actually a really nice hotel, at a very reasonable price.
The guest rooms are on the 5th through 9th floors of the airport, and they encircle main terminal area, so that the terminal itself serves as an atrium for the hotel. Interior rooms face the main terminal below, the others face the airport runways. All are reasonably quiet, despite the airport location. The rooms are modern, spacious, and nicely furnished, as is usually the case with Hyatt Regency properties. The bed, bedding, and HVAC system are all designed for maximum comfort and sleep quality. There is free wi-fi internet access (provided by the airport itself, not by the hotel--the hotel provides wired access for a fee). The staff is very friendly and accomodating. There are two restaurants on-site (I didn't try them, but the menus did look appealing, though as is usually the case with hotel restaurants they were a bit pricey ) and a couple of bars (including a poolside lounge), plus the typical range of airport restaurants, shops, and services in the main terminal downstairs.
Even if you don't plan on going swimming (and I didn't, because the weather was bad during both of my recent one-night stays), be sure to check out the rooftop pool area. It is one of those beautiful , artistic pools that is filled to the brim and the the water constantly overflows the top and and is recirculated (the kind you see pictured in stories about those super-luxurious world-class resorts that cater to the rich and famous). You ordinarily don't see that sort of thing in hotels in this modest price range (and that price range, during my stays, was about $130 a night).
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Orlando as a city and typically haven't enjoyed my stays there, so I certainly wasn't expecting much out of an AIRPORT hotel in Orlando. What a pleasant surprise. This is nice hotel for anywhere, let alone for a hotel at an airport. I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 4 diamond hotel is located inside the Orlando Intl Airport with the hotels elegant decor and artwork, combined with superior food & beverage service that makes for a luxury hotel experience 445 soundproof guest rooms and 42,000 sq ft. of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando International Airport
- Hotel Hyatt Orlando Regency
- Hyatt Regency Orlando Intl Airport