“Sorry I booked”

Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive
Ranked #286 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Booked this hotel as it was close to the convention center and other hotels close by were very costly. I never stayed at an "inn" so did not know what to expect and after staying here I would never stay here again.

There is no elevator to the second floor, so if you have heavy luggage or several pieces you going to get a work out
The carpet is dirty, I mean very dirty it is very noticeable, it was the first thing i noticed when i was going to my room. Both the corridor and room carpet stinks, I mean how how expensive it is to clean.
The room i stayed in has a noticeable smell every time i came in.
The pillows are not regular size, they are small, like the size of sofa pillows, which sucks.
The bathroom is average, noticed some rust on the base of the fixtures in the bath
You have two use only lamps for light, there is no central light in the room
The breakfast is horrible,
They charge you to accept and hold packages for you

Pro.
Walking distance to the convention center
Free shuttle to Universal and Epcot
Restaurants and bus stop close by
Free wifi with good speed

Overall i say it was an average stay, mainly because the convenience, but for the cost I paid I expected more, I will recommend put out a little more money and get a better hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank sanjayjagrup
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

It is good to hear from you, though I am very sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service, accommodations, and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. We appreciate you giving your feedback about your recent experience and we thank you for bringing a number of important matters to our attention. We hope you'll return to enjoy the continuous improvements made in our policies, accommodations and services.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stay at this property every year for our Disney/Universal vacation. Staff are friendly, from what I've experienced everything has been clean. Our rooms are always lovely, and I have tried several different types. It's conveniently located near the highway, and on a main drag of activity. I would highly recommend this property for anyone.

Room Tip: Really like the courtyard view, or a room with the two person hot tub.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. It means a lot to us that you've allowed us to be such an important part of your family vacation and we thank you for sharing your five star experience!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed for one night that's all I could take .The smell of the hallway and our room was bad , but worse in the hallway . I found the hotel was not very clean but livable . The court yard was beautiful with the pool and spa . When you looked at the pool really good there was a lot of garbage floating in it at the bottom. When I checked in the man at the front desk was irritated that I gave him the wrong name (the room was booked under the other person I was traveling with ) . When it was time to fly home we got to the airport and one of the passports were missing and we only had 2 hours to find it and go pick it up . I called the hotel and explained that our plane was going in two hours and would he send someone to check out our room to see if it was left in there he told me call back later and he would let me know . I would have thought he would have said give me your number and I will send someone down to go look and call you back .

The only thing that has really turned me off from staying here again is the very very bad smell in the hallway and room around exit f

• Stayed: June 2014

I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced during your recent stay with us. I want to assure you that your comments are being taken seriously, passed onto our staff and addressed through continuous improvements to our accommodations and policies. Thank you for this insightful review.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful and allocated me a mini-suite with a balcony, overlooking the nice swimming pool and pleasant inner courtyard. The room was well furnished with two comfortable queen sized beds. The only problem with the room was the quite noisy air conditioner, that also proved impossible to adjust. I managed quite nicely with 'on' and 'off', so I didn't bother to report it, but it should have been possible to adjust the temperature.

Breakfast was included, but was very basic with a limited selection and served on paper plates with plastic cutlery. After the first day I decided to pay for breakfast elsewhere. Happily there were many restaurants within a 150 meter radius (Red Lobster, McDonalds, Dennys and Ihop) and I settled on Dennys for the rest of my stay. The hotel does serve food, but this was also very limited, although with the huge range of restaurants available in Orlando, I would not have chosen to eat at the Hotel in any event, even if the range had been better. For those that want to eat in their rooms there seem to be a large number of local restaurants that deliver to the hotel and offer a wide range of different cuisines. There was a small kitchenette in the suite too, with a microwave oven and fridge.

The manager himself was very helpful and service-minded. I was able to change my booking (made via Booking.com) with his assistance, without hassle and he suggested a novel way to help get my baggage to the airport, which worked very well. Check-out was fast and very simple too.

My room was on the second floor and there was no lift, which was not a problem for me, but less able-bodied guests should beware!

The location of the hotel is first class, being a short walk from the Orlando Convention Center, which was perfect for me. International Drive was 100 yards away with an I-Trolley stop right close to the Hotel, perfect for visiting the local tourist attractions and the two excellent Outlet Malls.

I enjoyed my stay overall and believe the hotel to offer excellent value to small families and business travelers alike, from an extremely convenient location. It does have a few flaws, so it's not a place for nit-pickers, but if you view staying there like enjoying a Swiss Cheese, and focus on the cheese rather than the holes, then you should be well satisfied with the service and overall value for money on offer.

Room Tip: The S-class suites on the second floor seem all to face the pool and courtyard and I'd ask for o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Rouxbarb
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience. It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home. Thank you for this thorough and insightful review.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Hallway is dirty with a foul order. I have a cooling system in my room that is very loud. There was toothpaste on my shower door in spots. Not cleaned. My bathroom ceiling light fell onto the floor while I was sleeping. The iron leaks water out the bottom. I have never been so disappointed. The reviews and website are not true to the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services. It's our primary goal to ensure that you receive the best lodging experience and we wish to let you know that your voice is extremely important to us. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and will experience the improvements we have made with our service.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 8 nights with my family. Lovely hotel very friendly staff Small bar not open very often.Breakfast was ok juices not included had to purchase them for 2 dollars .Not a great selection no yougarts or fresh fruit. Rooms very comfortable clean and quiet. Swimming pool great .Great location within minutes of all shops restaurants and bars and all Orlando attractions.Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

It's great to hear from you and we're so glad that you enjoyed a five star experience with us! We are all pleased to learn we were able to make you feel at home and that our services and accommodations lived up to your expectations. Thank you for your kind comments and 5 star rating!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and stocked nice pool. nice rooms soft beds. easy check in and check out!! would definetely stay her again. we booked a suite with two double beds and pull out sofa with kitchnette!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and to acknowledge the efforts of our hardworking staff to be as accommodating, helpful and welcoming as possible. We look forward to your next visit!