“Good service and value from well-placed budget hotel”

Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive
Ranked #281 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Svärta
“Good service and value from well-placed budget hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful and allocated me a mini-suite with a balcony, overlooking the nice swimming pool and pleasant inner courtyard. The room was well furnished with two comfortable queen sized beds. The only problem with the room was the quite noisy air conditioner, that also proved impossible to adjust. I managed quite nicely with 'on' and 'off', so I didn't bother to report it, but it should have been possible to adjust the temperature.

Breakfast was included, but was very basic with a limited selection and served on paper plates with plastic cutlery. After the first day I decided to pay for breakfast elsewhere. Happily there were many restaurants within a 150 meter radius (Red Lobster, McDonalds, Dennys and Ihop) and I settled on Dennys for the rest of my stay. The hotel does serve food, but this was also very limited, although with the huge range of restaurants available in Orlando, I would not have chosen to eat at the Hotel in any event, even if the range had been better. For those that want to eat in their rooms there seem to be a large number of local restaurants that deliver to the hotel and offer a wide range of different cuisines. There was a small kitchenette in the suite too, with a microwave oven and fridge.

The manager himself was very helpful and service-minded. I was able to change my booking (made via Booking.com) with his assistance, without hassle and he suggested a novel way to help get my baggage to the airport, which worked very well. Check-out was fast and very simple too.

My room was on the second floor and there was no lift, which was not a problem for me, but less able-bodied guests should beware!

The location of the hotel is first class, being a short walk from the Orlando Convention Center, which was perfect for me. International Drive was 100 yards away with an I-Trolley stop right close to the Hotel, perfect for visiting the local tourist attractions and the two excellent Outlet Malls.

I enjoyed my stay overall and believe the hotel to offer excellent value to small families and business travelers alike, from an extremely convenient location. It does have a few flaws, so it's not a place for nit-pickers, but if you view staying there like enjoying a Swiss Cheese, and focus on the cheese rather than the holes, then you should be well satisfied with the service and overall value for money on offer.

Room Tip: The S-class suites on the second floor seem all to face the pool and courtyard and I'd ask for o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Rouxbarb
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience. It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home. Thank you for this thorough and insightful review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Hallway is dirty with a foul order. I have a cooling system in my room that is very loud. There was toothpaste on my shower door in spots. Not cleaned. My bathroom ceiling light fell onto the floor while I was sleeping. The iron leaks water out the bottom. I have never been so disappointed. The reviews and website are not true to the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services. It's our primary goal to ensure that you receive the best lodging experience and we wish to let you know that your voice is extremely important to us. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and will experience the improvements we have made with our service.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

County Cavan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 8 nights with my family. Lovely hotel very friendly staff Small bar not open very often.Breakfast was ok juices not included had to purchase them for 2 dollars .Not a great selection no yougarts or fresh fruit. Rooms very comfortable clean and quiet. Swimming pool great .Great location within minutes of all shops restaurants and bars and all Orlando attractions.Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
It's great to hear from you and we're so glad that you enjoyed a five star experience with us! We are all pleased to learn we were able to make you feel at home and that our services and accommodations lived up to your expectations. Thank you for your kind comments and 5 star rating!
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and stocked nice pool. nice rooms soft beds. easy check in and check out!! would definetely stay her again. we booked a suite with two double beds and pull out sofa with kitchnette!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and to acknowledge the efforts of our hardworking staff to be as accommodating, helpful and welcoming as possible. We look forward to your next visit!
Princeton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

This Clarion property is dumpy and depressing. The room we had was smelly, small and outdated. We never did figure out what the odor was. The ventilation system is noisy. The breakfast provided was all bad carbs and fat, no fresh fruit or even fruit juice. The staff were surly and unhelpful. There are surrounding hotels with similar easy access to the convention center that are a little more expensive but not that much. The advertised restaurant/ bar is closed. The pool is nice but the lounge chairs are metal and uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank HappyTraveler347
I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services during your most recent stay. It's our primary goal to ensure that you receive the best lodging experience and we wish to let you know that your voice is extremely important to us. We are working to address all of the issues that you mentioned and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

hi I would like to start by saying thanks to all members to Clarion inn. we stayed at clarion for 14 nights and let me inform all readers that the hotel room was clean and house keeping was excellent. All member of front desks were very helpful, I would like to especially thank Shesh and Erik who were fantastic hosts during our stay, we went with 2 kids and 4 and 9, who were well accommodated for by staff. Granted that its not the most modern hotel and does need renovation, however all those reviews about how dirty it is are not correct, and if you address it to staffs they were quick to resolve them. I will be returning to clarion again.
recommendation--- if you were to renovate hotel try to make a family room were you have 2 rooms within 1 suite and bunk beds for kids.
thanks for all your help and making our stay fantastic, Mr and Mrs Parkar.....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tanveer p
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay with us. We are all pleased to learn we were able to make you feel at home and that our services and accommodations lived up to your expectations. We enjoy sharing these reviews with our staff and we all look forward to seeing you again.
Blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed in the Clarion on the 30th April for 4 days and then on the 11th May for 4 days with my Mother. The staff there were excellent, nothing was too much bother and they made our stay brilliant. The room (a large suite, G83) was clean, had flat screen TV's and a kitchenette that suited our needs admirably. It was cleaned every day by a wonderful lady who seemed to enjoy her job. The Free cooked breakfast was a great added extra with a good choice of hot and cold dishes. There were also lots of places to eat within a short walk (can thoroughly recommend the Red Lobster) and lots of free parking. I can certainly recommend this place as a quiet place that is in a great location with brilliant reception staff. I would certainly stay their again when I visit Orlando.

Room Tip: For a little bit extra I would certainly recommend a Suite. The bonus of having a totally separate...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We are very happy to discover that you had such a pleasant experience with us! It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future!