“WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY”

Ranked #281 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
harrow middx
“WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had booked a four star hotel before leaving the U.K. and also made calls to the hotel to just double check on the disable room and were assured all taken care off.On arrival at the hotel my wife[ shes wheelchair bound]couldnt even reach the basin forget about the shower as the shower head was on one end and the seat at the other end .We checked out and started to look for another hotel and came across Clarion Inn i went inside and explained my problem and the staff were so good they took me to see the room and as the bed was raised up told them that will need to be dealt with.By the time we checked in and came to the room all was fixed i got to give it to them for the help and friendly service we got.
Perfect location as easy to walk about on the I Drive and the theme parks closeby.
The breakfast was very good so much food .Over all i will say it was one of our best hotel experience it may not be a 5 or 4 star hotel but a great hotel and very good staff.
Pragnesh.Naik

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Patricia M, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Pragnesh naik,
Thank you for taking the time to enlighten us of your most recent experience. It is always great to hear that our accommodations at the Clarion Inn & Suites were suitable and that our staff went that extra mile just for you! We take great pride in providing excellent customer service and we thank you for the praise. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Hotel which was close to everything in Orlando, perfect location, the room was clean and very comfortable, and no smell what so ever of any lingering smells. The room was small with no fridge and no microwave but had a safe box, coffee maker, LCD TV, two queen beds and a clean bathroom. The breakfast was Ok and free with our booking, it consisted of Cereal, Milk, Bread, Waffles, eggs, tea and coffee but you have to pay for any juices (orange,apple, etc,,). The Hotel had a swimming pool and a Jacuzzi but we never used either one of them. The Hotel has a problem with parking, 1/3 of the parking spots are taken for rental cars and 1/3 is taken for two large Storage Pods, this leaves 1/3 of the parking spots to the residents. It is extremely difficult to find a parking spot if you are coming after 9 PM. The room had an air conditioner that was running like the motor was on a driven by a belt, I talked to the manager Mr. Paravan who sent the maintenance guy to fix the belt in the air conditioner (just kidding) for the noise but he only sprayed W40 and left the oil can so we can add more if we need to stop the noise but it never did. The overall rating is around 3.5 out of 5. Nothing fancy but a decent place to crash at night in a nice comfy bed and room.

Room Tip: Parking is limited, try to make it to the hotel before 9 PM.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Adam7503,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. On behalf of our hotel staff, we would like to thank you for choosing the Clarion Inn & Suites. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. We would like to offer our apologies for the trouble you encountered with the A/C during your stay. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.
Pensville nj
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was in a great physical location making it easy to reach the convention center via a short walk.

Too bad my room was horrible. The shower head was at chest height. The linens had hair on them. And I am covered in bed bug bites.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank OnTheRoadALot1
Dear OnTheRoadALot1,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We value your feedback as it helps us in enhancing and developing the service we provide to our guests. We hope to welcome you back to The Clarion Inn & Suites in the future.

Warm Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The Clarion is a great spot for Orlando to experience International Drive and Disney and other theme parks in Orlando and close to the airport. The hotel was close to the airport right down 528 and also right along International Drive close to may eating places.
The location is close to I4 as well.

Room Tip: Ask early to get a ground floor room, elevators aren't convenient. Breakfast is a mad house w...
Dear KenK,

What a delightful review! Thank you for taking the time to post this, I am glad to know our location was ideal for your stay. We look forward to your next visit!

Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed two nights for a three day weekend - very easy on and off access to I-4 and International Drive. King Suite was awesome for size and comfort - a little outdated - bathroom least appealing. Breakfast was hot and plentiful - Sausage one day Bacon next - eggs, tater tots, cereal, etc - good coffee - ample seating inside and out!!!! Only thing missing was Danish/Doughnuts to finish off meal!!! I would definitely stay here again!!!!

Room Tip: Definitely get a Suite - very nice size and comfort!!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 48Dan1968,

Thank you for not only taking the time to post a review but also for the highest of compliments. We value our guests and it is nice to know that our efforts are appreciated. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit the Clarion Inn & Suites again.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed in some cheap places before but this place has hit new lows. Boy do I regret not spending a little bit more for a whole lot more value. Specific issues: front desk gives me rm yesterday that is atrocious (stains, leaky facets, cramped, etc) and tells me to come back next day for another. Come back next day - sorry, we have no rooms. What a joke.

If you are here for quick stay, no more than one nt, than maybe worth it, but that is a big maybe.

I'll never be back.

2 Thank Johnnysmooth
Dear Johnnysmooth,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing the Clarion Inn & Suites to be your host during you last visit to Orlando.

We accommodate many guests every night, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all guests at reasonable prices. It's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of our accommodations and services.

We thank you for sharing your comments with us and once again, thank you for allowing us to serve you!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I know. It's a Clarion Inn & Suites that's literally across the street from the convention center; what can I REALLY expect? They can get away with almost anything because there will always be a demand to stay at this spot. That's why the front desk guy - and why didn't I get his dang name. Since he referred to his fellow employee as "old" I guess I can refer to him as the only one I saw who was "overweight." RUDE. Short, snippy, unhelpful, RUDE. Again, I know, I shouldn't expect them to roll out the red carpet, but when I'm asking a question and his "Sorry." response was so cold and short it made me want to throw a smile onto his face, it just rubbed me the wrong way.

You get what you pay for - dated and dingy furniture, mildew smell in the room (probably the AC?), breakfast that consists of 'round' and carb-y items, nice bar specials, nice outdoor patio/bar area, etc. The only real benefit of the Clarion that I adored was the walking distance to the convention center. Call me a hotel snob, I don't care.

Maybe it's a good place for families who want to save a buck while visiting Disney? I can see that.

But whatever you do - don't put money into the quarter machine expecting actual quarters so you can get a soda. Yes, there's a sign that says the machine doesn't dispense MONEY, instead.... 'tokens' for the laundry machine, but by the time I read that, it had already sucked up my $5 bill and I was left with $5 in tokens. The hotel management says they can't do anything about it because they don't manage the machines, a separate, third-party company does. What kind of batshitcrazy company uses TOKENS and NOT QUARTERS?! What a scam.

Also, I had the room that was DIRECTLY in front of the hot tub - there's barely any coverage so if your'e in that room, expect an eyeful from anyone sitting in the tub. Oh, and the room was lit like a cave. Dark.

Room Tip: Avoid G-11 unless you want the patrons in the hot tub to basically be sitting in your room with you.
2 Thank Lindsey A