“Everyone who doubts talks utter rubbish!!!”

Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive
Ranked #281 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Everyone who doubts talks utter rubbish!!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We go to The Clarion Inn every time we are in Orlando, it's absolutely fantastic!

The staff are wonderful and very friendly, from the Brekfast staff, Handy man, Cleaners, Manager, Maids and everyone else who works there. Always have a smile on their faces, always say good morning/ afternoon and evening. As well as make conversations. For example... We came in to the hotel after a little heavy rain to be welcomed by staff with towels making sure we were warm etc.

The rooms are always cleaned everyday, and if there is any problems with your stay the staff are more than happy to help/ fix any.

I would say if your used to a 5 star hotel don't drop down to a 3 star and expect everything to be up to standards like the previous 5 stars. This is why they are getting bad reviews.

Overall I'm so pleased with our stay yet again, and will continue to keep going to The Clarion! It should deffo be a higher star!

If any of the staff read this, thanks so much for a wonderful time and will see you all soon! xx

Room Tip: Suites are fantastic, with an excellent balcony looking out onto the pool. Check out the hot tub whi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy B
Patricia M, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words about your stay at the Clarion Inn & Suites. Thank you for staying with us every time you are in Orlando.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The individual that works in the evenings (female) was extremely helpful and knowledgable. Gave me directions to where I was going and even recommended some great places for food while I was there. Hotel is convenient to the OCCC (convention center) which is why I was in the area, but regrettably that is where the good comments for this hotel stop.

Hotel promotes the bar in the evenings, and even has signs for snacks and drinks. Bartender was very nice, but there were notes when you got in the bar that there is no food available for the time being. After traveling, it would have been nice to be able to get food without having to leave the hotel on my first night.

The beds are made up with one very thin blanket, and the way they are folded over makes it look like they aren't even long enough for the bed, come to find out they are just trying to make it look like the bed is triple sheeted. First night not a full set of towels in the room, missing washcloths and bath mat. Every night some pizza places are sliding flyers under the door, I had a collection of these after my 3 nights on property. Bathroom was less then clean - grout was moldy - tub was dirty...... the kicker was my second day, I came back to my room mid afternoon to change clothes, when I got there, the housekeeper was down the hall around the corner, but when I got to my room it looked completed. I had slid the security latch over, but due to the way their doors are set up this is pointless. As I was standing there in my underwear, the door burst open and the housekeeper came in to add a missing towel to the room. No knocking, and as I mentioned the security latch did nothing. Now to make matters worse she didnt leave, she closed the door about 2/3rds of the way and waited while I put a pair of pants on, then came right back in the room to place a towel in the bathroom. SHE never waited for me to say it's ok come in.

Final note would be - during the day, there is a strange knocking sound, that seemed to be coming from the room next to me, although I was in the last room at the end of the hall, and the next two doors down the hall had no room numbers on them. This noise was never there late evenings or through the night.

It is really time to update the bedding, and bathrooms at a minimum at this hotel. Put up some better signage for when sending people to their rooms, being told it is the third black door, when you walk into a hallway with 7-9 black doors isnt helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Patricia M, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that the Clarion Inn & Suites International Drive/Convention Center was ideally located for your stay and that our team has lived up to your expectations.

We would like to offer our genuine apology for the unintentional error encountered with the room attendant. Please be aware I have forwarded this concern to the Head of Housekeeping, as the security and privacy of our guests are priority.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you in the future to the Clarion Inn & Suites.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night because all the other hotels were sold out the first night before our convention. Now I know why this hotel was not sold out, everyone besides the folks stuck staying here knew the hotel was not worth the $100 dollars. Its centrally located to everything but come on why has the franchise company or the owner not updated the hallways or the bed room in years? The room was kind of uncomfortable, and the towels did not smell fresh. The bedding needs to be thrown away, there were holes and it looked dirty for some reasons I don't even this it would have mattered if they washed it several times. The only reasons I'm giving the hotel a higher score then poor is because the nice people at the front desk and working for this place. I had low expectations when I made the reservation so it really did not surprise me when

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Former Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of our hotel staff, we would like to thank you for choosing the Clarion Inn & Suites International Drive/Convention Center for your lodging needs.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

We would like to take this opportunity to offer our sincere apology for your recent experience during your stay.

We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Mariana was amazing! Helpful, kind, polite, welcoming! This hotel is lucky to have her! My experience at this hotel was great! Even the kitchen staff was nice! I wasn't paying attention and grabbed some $breakfast and they didn't embarrass me about it. The eggs weren't that good though! I think the service was outstanding and I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

What a delightful review! Thank you for taking the time to post this, I am glad the team has lived up to your expectations, and we all look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully soon!

Wesley Chapel, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The night before at check in, I specifically asked twice if the fee $78.74 is what my final total will be if I have not long distance or room service charges and the young lady checking me in assured me it was by saying yes. I came up this morning and asked Sheesh where the additional charge came from and he immediately got defensive with me stating it's a "standard fee". When I tried to show him what I was promised as my billed amount on my phone he exclaimed "I don't care about your stupid phone" really loudly. When I asked to speak to the manager he stated very nastily "I AM the Manager so what". At that point I said that is fine, I can contact my attorney to review this information. As I was leaving he said "Good, get the [--] off my property". I stopped and said "excuse me, would you like to explain this to my husband" and he stated "yeah, I don't care, you get the [--] off my property"! Once I told my husband what he said naturally my husband came in irate and arguing started. Never again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kameshia C
Dear Former Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to offer our sincere apology for your most recent experience.

We're committed to total guest satisfaction and truly value your opinion.

Greenville, Delaware
Reviewed September 24, 2012

September 2012-weekend night for $45. This is an older property that has been mostly updated. The furniture looks newer, the bathroom still needed some work. For a low price, this is a decent place. Parking was adequate, staff was fine in my limited interaction. Breakfast was included. A/C unit was noisier than usual.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends