We used this hotel as part of a package deal with Slueths Mystery Dinner Show, and for the price it was a good bargain. Don't expect a whole lot. We got there around 11pm, after a day at Epcot, and were told the only room they had available was on the second floor and would that be okay? I liked that the staff asked this, and it was, but since there was no elevator and no one asked when I made the reservation if we needed a ground floor room due to limitations, as a designer, this surprised me. Also, the small lobby was filled with people sitting around. I found out why. There's no internet connection, land or wireless, in the rooms, so the folks sat around in the lobby for their web fix. We went down for the breakfast and since it was mainly carbs we went hunting for something else. Found an all you can eat buffet in the strip mall next door that was reasonably priced and the food was decent. The hotel is old and dated, which doesn't bother us, but we had old batteries in the tv remote so it was useless the first night, and the amount of channels available was sorely lacking. There were missing light bulbs in the lamps and a weak floor in the bathroom that I was a bit afraid would fall through. But, all of that being said...for the money, and the amount of time we spent in the room, it was worth the cheaper price. This is definitely not a hotel for anyone wanting to be pampered. The staff was always nice, informative, and on the ball. The lady at the bar was very nice and steered us to many different attractions. She was a dream to sit and gab with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orlando Floridian Express Hotel is located on world renowned International Drive, offers 218 spacious guest rooms and is conveniently located at the entrance to Universal Orlando. We provide a high-quality alternative for a wide range of travelers because we offer added amenities not found in many other hotels. We offer free daily Continental breakfast, free Internet and complimentary scheduled shuttle to Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort daily. We are within walking distance to an abundant number of shops, restaurants, and nighttime entertainment. Visit our heated pool and Tiki Bar! All guestrooms at the Floridian Express Orlando Hotel boast large windows, blond-wood furnishings and tropical-style décor in shades of teal and pink. Amenities include 25-inch televisions with premium cable channels and personal safes. Microwaves and mini fridges in all of the rooms. Your stay includes free deluxe continental breakfast, transportation to the parks, free safe box in rooms, free local phone calls, and wireless internet access in every room including the lobby and pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Floridian Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Express Orlando
- Metropolitan Express Hotel Orlando
- Drive Inn
- Holiday Inn Orlando