“Very good for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Floridian Express Hotel

Floridian Express Hotel
Ranked #296 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
New Forest, Hampshire
“Very good for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My Wife, Son, Daughter, Granddaughter and I have just returned today from a 2 week stay at this hotel. I looked on all of the reviews and became a little concerned about what I read on the hotel. All of mine and my Family's concerns were groundless. We had a great stay there, made better by the presence of a microwave in both our roos so that we were able to wam up/reheat food for mainly our Granddaughter and to a lesser extent us.

The breakfast was adequate and filling and yes, there was no "traditional" bacon & eggs but hey, we got more than we paid for and we didn't expect more.

Most of the staff were helpful and always willing to listen to what you had to say.

There was one of the catering staff of more mature age who was always cheerful and would speak to me regularly, especially if I was cuddling our Granddaughter, I never saw her unhappy or surly.

There were of course a couple of gripes, neither of which detracted from the enjoyment of our holiday. The first one was that pool users should not be allowed to smoke around the area; the second gripe is that the table layout was a bit cramped if all the tables were in use and the use of round tables made it worse.

Overall we got more than we paid for and I would't hesitate to go back there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank doctorbob57

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Greenock, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've been going to Orlando for 20 years and try a different hotel each time I visit this hotel is one of the worst I've stayed in.I always pick a hotel with a low price as I only use the hotel to sleep in and use the pool for about 6 or 7 days of my 2 week stay.The hotel was quite dirty although the rooms were ok.The pool gates were padlocked and not opened until 10am each morning although the first morning the gates were open before 10 but was moaned at by the girl supervising the breakfast for going in and lying at the pool and was told I shouldn't be in there.The breakfast was poor with only limited items.The girl supervising the breakfast was a constant pain in the backside moaning about everything.The heated pool was not heated.There were never any towels at the pool in the mornings and the breakfast area bins were never emptied before 1pm(breakfast finished at 9:30am).The only good thing about the hotel is Dairy Queen is on the doorstep.I won't be going back to this hotel again if your looking for a budget hotel then fair enough but if you want general cleanliness and pleasent staff ten stay away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Kent, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend from 1st June-15th June 2013. We are both in our 20a and from the UK. After reading a few reviews, both good and bad, we decided it was the best hotel for us. The purpose of our holiday was to visit the attractions in Orlando; Universal Studios, Seaworld, Disney, etc. We were therefore not looking for a 5* hotel, we just needed a clean, cheap place to sleep at night. Situated on International Drive, The Metro Express therefore fulfilled our basic needs. Our room was clean; no stains, no mould, no insects. We had a fridge, microwave, safe, tv and AC unit. We had a bit of trouble with our safe from time to time but the maintainence guy was very friendly and helpful. Our bedding and towels were changed daily. We didn't have much of a view, but like I said, we were literally just there to sleep! The poolside area was clean and the pool itself was perfectly adequate for a late night swim. The WIFI in the lobby was a bit hit and miss, but who needs the internet when you're on holiday in Florida! The best thing about this hotel for us was the free transport it provided to the attractions; after all, that was what our holiday was all about! The drivers were very friendly and punctual, as were the employees on the front desk and tourist desk. Breakfast was okay, it was free after all so we didn't complain. Do not get scared off by negative reviews of this place, a hotel cannot please everyone. If you're like us and want to visit Orlando to explore the attractions and local area, and not sit inside on the WIFI or watching the hotel tv, then this hotel is good value for money. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Rebecca L
Fallon, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Cheap...I only paid about $43 per night. As they say, you get what you pay for. This hotel is OK, not the best, but not the worst. The hallways and stairwells are dingy, but our room was clean and recently updated. The beds were comfy and the shower worked...that is what is important to me. The pool is nice, the bar nicer. The breakfast was not much, really...toast, bagel, sweet breads, juice, and coffee. Our room did have a microwave and a fridge, but no coffeemaker?? The hotel was crowded with many international customers...everyone is looking for a good deal, I guess! It's right on I-drive, so there are many dining options. This place is OK, but there are so many hotels in the area, I would probably try another place next time.

Room Tip: rooms by the pool have a patio with table and chairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Met_Management_Team, Director of Sales at Floridian Express Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Express. We like to hear from our valued clients to see how we can improve and appreciate all comments both good and bad. It is only with comments such as yours that we can continue to improve. Please come see us again soon!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Metropolitan Express with my two sons, aged 9 and 19. Even though the hotel is a bit shabby and could do with a bit of an upgrade, I found the rooms comfortable, epspecially the bed and pillows and the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms were cleaned daily, beds changed and fresh towels every day. The pool area could do with a refurb, a lick of paint here and there and some new tables and chairs but if your like me you do not intend to spend your holiday around the hotel pool, but it is nice sometimes to chill out around there (free towels at the pool for guests). The breakfast was lovely, enough for me. I don't really like filling right up on bacon and eggs, a bit of cereal, toast and coffee was right up my street. The coffee is fresh and lots of orange juice/apple juice as much as you liked. The cakes were lush, so fresh!!! Yes it is true that brekkie does get busy but it depends what time you go. I went early about 8 o'clock and had no trouble finding a seat. The location is great, can't fault it. A Ponderosa across the road, and a Dairy Queen and supermarket next door. Wet n Wild is over the road which is fab. You can walk to Universal from hotel, just a 10 - 15 minute walk. The hotel runs a bus to Disney but they could have been a bit more frequent (8.45 and 11.25am in the morning to go, 6.00pm, 9.00pm and 10.00pm pick up) . But you can always find your own way home if you want to go back sooner. We got on the Lynx bus which you have to catch from Magic Kingdom but this was a nightmare it took us two hours to get back as you have to change buses and it seemed to stop at every stop. I would definitely say hang about for the hotel bus which takes 20mins. All in all, I had a great stay at this hotel, could do with improving here and there but for the money it was good value and would definitely stay again!!!!
(I have to warn you though, the cards to open the rooms are a nightmare, it can take up to 15 attempts to unlock your door, there is a knack to it as you will find out yourself ha ha!!!)

Room Tip: Before I left I emailed the hotel to ask them if it was possible for a room overlooking the pool. T...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa W
Isabela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

$48 per night is quite a steal. You'll get TV, microwave, fridge, complimentary breakfast and shuttle for the attractions. I strongly recommend this hotel. I was skeptical at first, but when I saw everything I was impressed. The hotel is also near to many restaurants, a Walgreens and in front of Wet N' Wild.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank darthvaderpr
Met_Management_Team, Director of Sales at Floridian Express Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Metropolitan Express! We do appreciate all reviews; especially our valued return clientele! With comments such as yours, our entire staff can feel confident they are accomplishing the goal of making the Metropolitan Express as special as we feel it is to our guests. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!
Cambridge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The location of this hotel is outstanding!!!, but the staff did come across a little abrupt alot. Breakfast was basically toast and bagels. However the room was clean and the beds were super comfy. and the bar which is on the hotels property but not owned by had excellent staff! and a great atmosphere. The pool was lovely. If your looking for somewhere to rest your head after a long day at the parks then this place is sufficient enough.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple