“Great Location, Good Hotel”

Floridian Express Hotel
Ranked #296 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great Location, Good Hotel”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Metropolitan Express with my two sons, aged 9 and 19. Even though the hotel is a bit shabby and could do with a bit of an upgrade, I found the rooms comfortable, epspecially the bed and pillows and the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms were cleaned daily, beds changed and fresh towels every day. The pool area could do with a refurb, a lick of paint here and there and some new tables and chairs but if your like me you do not intend to spend your holiday around the hotel pool, but it is nice sometimes to chill out around there (free towels at the pool for guests). The breakfast was lovely, enough for me. I don't really like filling right up on bacon and eggs, a bit of cereal, toast and coffee was right up my street. The coffee is fresh and lots of orange juice/apple juice as much as you liked. The cakes were lush, so fresh!!! Yes it is true that brekkie does get busy but it depends what time you go. I went early about 8 o'clock and had no trouble finding a seat. The location is great, can't fault it. A Ponderosa across the road, and a Dairy Queen and supermarket next door. Wet n Wild is over the road which is fab. You can walk to Universal from hotel, just a 10 - 15 minute walk. The hotel runs a bus to Disney but they could have been a bit more frequent (8.45 and 11.25am in the morning to go, 6.00pm, 9.00pm and 10.00pm pick up) . But you can always find your own way home if you want to go back sooner. We got on the Lynx bus which you have to catch from Magic Kingdom but this was a nightmare it took us two hours to get back as you have to change buses and it seemed to stop at every stop. I would definitely say hang about for the hotel bus which takes 20mins. All in all, I had a great stay at this hotel, could do with improving here and there but for the money it was good value and would definitely stay again!!!!
(I have to warn you though, the cards to open the rooms are a nightmare, it can take up to 15 attempts to unlock your door, there is a knack to it as you will find out yourself ha ha!!!)

Room Tip: Before I left I emailed the hotel to ask them if it was possible for a room overlooking the pool. T...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa W
Met_Management_Team, Director of Sales at Floridian Express Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Express. We like to hear from our valued clients to see how we can improve and appreciate all comments both good and bad. It is only with comments such as yours that we can continue to improve. Please come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Hebrew first
Isabela
Reviewed June 8, 2013

$48 per night is quite a steal. You'll get TV, microwave, fridge, complimentary breakfast and shuttle for the attractions. I strongly recommend this hotel. I was skeptical at first, but when I saw everything I was impressed. The hotel is also near to many restaurants, a Walgreens and in front of Wet N' Wild.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank darthvaderpr
Met_Management_Team, Director of Sales at Floridian Express Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Metropolitan Express! We do appreciate all reviews; especially our valued return clientele! With comments such as yours, our entire staff can feel confident they are accomplishing the goal of making the Metropolitan Express as special as we feel it is to our guests. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!
Cambridge
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The location of this hotel is outstanding!!!, but the staff did come across a little abrupt alot. Breakfast was basically toast and bagels. However the room was clean and the beds were super comfy. and the bar which is on the hotels property but not owned by had excellent staff! and a great atmosphere. The pool was lovely. If your looking for somewhere to rest your head after a long day at the parks then this place is sufficient enough.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lotty71
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I wasn't seeking a lot from the hotel - just a place to crash overnight.. But the Metropolitan was clean, the bed was soft, and the staff was very friendly. The location was close to everything on I-Drive, and the free breakfast included, while not 5-star fare, was tasty and a nice touch. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The rooms can be a little confusing the way they are numbered. I'd suggest trying to get one nea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Craig C
Thank you for your review of our Metropolitan Express! We do appreciate all reviews; especially our valued happy clientele! With comments such as yours, our entire staff can feel confident they are accomplishing the goal of making the Metropolitan Express as special as we feel it is to our guests. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Basic hotel, but the location was brilliant right opposite Wet & Wild waterpark and close to loads of restaurants.
We only stayed here for 4 nights so was good for what we wanted.
I was quite impressed with the room to say how little we paid, beds were comfy, although we had a view of the wall we wasn't bothered as had too much planned to stay in the hotel.
The only thing we wasn't impressed with was the breakfast as it was cramped and didn't have a good selection just cereal and breads, so we just ate breakfast out the other mornings.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kellybinns88
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Staff unfriendly
Rooms dirty, with broken lamps and tv. Shower had mold on ceiling
Great location, but not worth it. I can deal with an older hotel but I have never experienced such filth!
The AC barely worked in the room and the hallways had NO AC!
If we hadn't paid threw a travel website I would have left immediately!
I wouldnt even let my kids walk barefoot on the carpet! I was so upset I wanted to cry. Don't be deceived by the photos on their website because it looks nothing like the hotel. And the advertized deluxe continential breakfast was dry cereal, toast and juice. The staff smokes walking through the hallways, and obviously aren't concerned about cleanliness. Bottom line, don't stay.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank winter0428
Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Express. We appreciate the time you took to let us know your comments and we believe we have failed to meet your expectations. For failing you, we sincerely apologize. We appreciate comments and feedback from our valued guests, as it helps us work harder to improve and correct our failings. Hope you give us another opportunity soon to show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations!

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks as part of our honeymoon, when we first arrived unfortunately the room did smell quite bad, after a few minutes of discussion we decided we could not stay in that room for 2 weeks and decided to ask if we could move. At reception the staff were very appologetic and helpful, they moved us straight away into a room which had been newly refurbished.

the location was great just 15 minutes walk from universal and close to all other attractions.

I MUST SAY WE DID HAVE A GREAT STAY!!
THANK YOU TO ALL STAFF!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank theenttis
Thank you for your review of our Metropolitan Express! We do appreciate all reviews; especially our valued clientele! With comments such as yours, our entire staff can feel confident they are accomplishing the goal of making the Metropolitan Express as special as we feel it is to our guests. We will continue to strive to improve to be the hotel everyone wants to come back to! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!