I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Metropolitan Express with my two sons, aged 9 and 19. Even though the hotel is a bit shabby and could do with a bit of an upgrade, I found the rooms comfortable, epspecially the bed and pillows and the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms were cleaned daily, beds changed and fresh towels every day. The pool area could do with a refurb, a lick of paint here and there and some new tables and chairs but if your like me you do not intend to spend your holiday around the hotel pool, but it is nice sometimes to chill out around there (free towels at the pool for guests). The breakfast was lovely, enough for me. I don't really like filling right up on bacon and eggs, a bit of cereal, toast and coffee was right up my street. The coffee is fresh and lots of orange juice/apple juice as much as you liked. The cakes were lush, so fresh!!! Yes it is true that brekkie does get busy but it depends what time you go. I went early about 8 o'clock and had no trouble finding a seat. The location is great, can't fault it. A Ponderosa across the road, and a Dairy Queen and supermarket next door. Wet n Wild is over the road which is fab. You can walk to Universal from hotel, just a 10 - 15 minute walk. The hotel runs a bus to Disney but they could have been a bit more frequent (8.45 and 11.25am in the morning to go, 6.00pm, 9.00pm and 10.00pm pick up) . But you can always find your own way home if you want to go back sooner. We got on the Lynx bus which you have to catch from Magic Kingdom but this was a nightmare it took us two hours to get back as you have to change buses and it seemed to stop at every stop. I would definitely say hang about for the hotel bus which takes 20mins. All in all, I had a great stay at this hotel, could do with improving here and there but for the money it was good value and would definitely stay again!!!!
(I have to warn you though, the cards to open the rooms are a nightmare, it can take up to 15 attempts to unlock your door, there is a knack to it as you will find out yourself ha ha!!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orlando Floridian Express Hotel is located on world renowned International Drive, offers 218 spacious guest rooms and is conveniently located at the entrance to Universal Orlando. Floridian Express International Drive is in the heart of Orlando, walking distance from Wet 'n Wild and SkyVenture Orlando. This family-friendly hotel is within close proximity of Pirate's Dinner Adventure and Titanic the Experience. We provide a high quality alternative for a wide range of travelers because we offer added amenities not found in many other hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and HotelsClick so you can book your Floridian Express Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Express Orlando
- Metropolitan Express Hotel Orlando
- Drive Inn
- Holiday Inn Orlando