Good location 10 minute walk from universal studios, across road from wet n wild and also biggest gifts shop on i-drive and also poderosa steak hous for easy cheap meals when in a rush! Also theres a i ride stop right outside hotel which is handy
Now the front desk staff vary depending on mood but in all honesty this shood not be the case in florida, the service should be with a smile! They did not want to help at all realy and as for the cleaning staff OH MY DAY!! They were particularly bad especialy on afro-american young women very very rude indeed!!
Also poor, I can give you a complete honest review of these as i was given four rooms before one actualy had cleanliness and basic needs!! Firsts room looked straight out on to brick wall and air con did not work
second room the safe door was hanging of and the bottom of the bath was very rusty
third room was generaly just horrible and un sanitary! It had cheing come on th table lose wires, a door leading into anothe room, dirty sheets dodgy fan in bathroom and brown stained toilet and sink! FINALY WE GOT A HALF DECENT ROOM
no nets as only half of the rooms did so it was a choice of having no light in your room or have curtains open and have no privacy! It was clean and the safe worked so we kept our curatins closed for two weeks!
In this hotel pretty much everything was hard to get or came with an attitude but in orlando the one thing that reali matters it time and they wasted a lot of it! If anyone is planning on using the free shuttle to disney please review this decision because this was the worst service of all! late everyday by 30 minutes to an hour!! If you ask reception they will tell you it is not there problem as it is an outside company, she could not understand the fact that the service was provided by the hotel so was theres to deal with instead of trying to get me to ring the shuttle company on my holiday and waste me and my familys time finding out why the shuttles have not turned up!!
This was one of many poor attitude and poor service issues with this hotel.
All in all orlando is beautiful and amazing and seriously no matter what ur budget is or how much time you plan on spending in your room, make your holiday better and more relaxed and stay in another hotel where prices are not that much more and the service is massivy diffrent!!
3 hotels i would suggest which we stoped by whilst on i-drive and i where no more than 100 pounds for the 2 weeks we stayed are........
1/ international palm springs
You can actualy get these three cheaper at times and they are in a diffrent leauge as far as being made to feel welcome and room quality is concerned!!
Hope this review helps people have a better holiday to this fantastic location!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orlando Floridian Express Hotel is located on world renowned International Drive, offers 218 spacious guest rooms and is conveniently located at the entrance to Universal Orlando. We provide a high-quality alternative for a wide range of travelers because we offer added amenities not found in many other hotels. We offer free daily Continental breakfast, free Internet and complimentary scheduled shuttle to Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort daily. We are within walking distance to an abundant number of shops, restaurants, and nighttime entertainment. Visit our heated pool and Tiki Bar! All guestrooms at the Floridian Express Orlando Hotel boast large windows, blond-wood furnishings and tropical-style décor in shades of teal and pink. Amenities include 25-inch televisions with premium cable channels and personal safes. Microwaves and mini fridges in all of the rooms. Your stay includes free deluxe continental breakfast, transportation to the parks, free safe box in rooms, free local phone calls, and wireless internet access in every room including the lobby and pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Floridian Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Express Orlando
- Metropolitan Express Hotel Orlando
- Drive Inn
- Holiday Inn Orlando