Why pay for a great hotel in Orlando? That's not where I would spend my time in Orlando anyway. I just need somewhere safe to sleep, shower and keep my luggage and the rest of the time I'll be in the parks!
We stayed here for 5 nights two times. Never tried the pool or breakfast. Drove to Disney and SeaWorld and walked to Universal Studios (it took about 20 mins).
I'm sad to read that someone had theirs rooms robbed. We left our Macs, iPads and other valuables in clear sight sometimes and nothing ever got stolen from our room. We stayed on the second floor.
I forgot a charger in the room after our first stay, and got it back from housekeeping when I asked about it on the next visit. Staff is very laid back and friendly.
Bad things: Wifi only works in the reception :( Some of the rooms don't have a fridge. There is a strange smell in the corridors, and it really stinks when you walk past the smoking rooms.
One day we overheard a guest complain to the staff. She threatened to post bad reviews all over the internet and she was very unhappy. I think it was because of lack of enough towels or something.
I would be happy to stay here again. It's not the Four Seasons, but it lets you experience Orlando without paying too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orlando Floridian Express Hotel is located on world renowned International Drive, offers 218 spacious guest rooms and is conveniently located at the entrance to Universal Orlando. We provide a high-quality alternative for a wide range of travelers because we offer added amenities not found in many other hotels. We offer free daily Continental breakfast, free Internet and complimentary scheduled shuttle to Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort daily. We are within walking distance to an abundant number of shops, restaurants, and nighttime entertainment. Visit our heated pool and Tiki Bar! All guestrooms at the Floridian Express Orlando Hotel boast large windows, blond-wood furnishings and tropical-style décor in shades of teal and pink. Amenities include 25-inch televisions with premium cable channels and personal safes. Microwaves and mini fridges in all of the rooms. Your stay includes free deluxe continental breakfast, transportation to the parks, free safe box in rooms, free local phone calls, and wireless internet access in every room including the lobby and pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Reservation Counter, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Floridian Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Express Orlando
- Metropolitan Express Hotel Orlando
- Drive Inn
- Holiday Inn Orlando