Just back from a 14 night stay at this hotel. After reading reviews prior to stay, I would say that I agree with points raised by both the good and bad reviews. Check in was slow and the man at reception was not overly helpful. They may try to pun you off with using their safe at reception but we pushed for a room with a working safe and got one. We had asked for a pool side view but we didnt get one. Another thing I did notice when walking through the reception during our stay was the number of complaints from people asking to change rooms. The room we got was fine, no major issues, it was on the 2nd floor with two comfy double beds, microwave, safe, hairdryer,tv etc.It was cleaned everyday.
The big issue for us with this hotel was the state of the corridors. The smell was so bad we had to hold our nose to get to our room. The carpets are filthy and it baffles us as to why they have not been replaced or at the very least steam cleaned??
On the plus side, the hotel is in a great location. We didnt hire a car and with the shuttle buses, i trolley and lynx bus we were able to get to all the parks and up and down i drive easily. We would recommend the Great Western restaurant near the hotel, friendly staff and cheap buffet. Supermarket next to hotel is a bit pricey but handy for essentials. Walmart is about a 10 minute drive away. Across the road from Wet and Wild and we walked to Universal and it took about 20 minutes. Taxi cost $7.
We would stay here again and hopefully the carpets and attitude of some staff will have changed by then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orlando Floridian Express Hotel is located on world renowned International Drive, offers 218 spacious guest rooms and is conveniently located at the entrance to Universal Orlando. We provide a high-quality alternative for a wide range of travelers because we offer added amenities not found in many other hotels. We offer free daily Continental breakfast, free Internet and complimentary scheduled shuttle to Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort daily. We are within walking distance to an abundant number of shops, restaurants, and nighttime entertainment. Visit our heated pool and Tiki Bar! All guestrooms at the Floridian Express Orlando Hotel boast large windows, blond-wood furnishings and tropical-style décor in shades of teal and pink. Amenities include 25-inch televisions with premium cable channels and personal safes. Microwaves and mini fridges in all of the rooms. Your stay includes free deluxe continental breakfast, transportation to the parks, free safe box in rooms, free local phone calls, and wireless internet access in every room including the lobby and pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Floridian Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Express Orlando
- Metropolitan Express Hotel Orlando
- Drive Inn
- Holiday Inn Orlando