“Grand Beach Phase II - Now a Diamond Resort - Excellent”

Diamond Resorts Grand Beach
Ranked #49 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Our stay at the Grand Beach, Orlando was a real pleasure. We own timeshare points and made our reservations a few months before we came. We had a two bedroom unit that fit our 5 member family perfectly. It was clean, roomy, and with all of the amenities you would expect for a timeshare. The screened-in veranda had a lovely view of Lake Bryan and was nice and cool in the mornings and evening. The location was perfect for access to all of the theme parks in Orlando. If you are going to SeaWorld or Epcott....you are almost right there! We did not take advantage of the resort's activities, but there were many and I noticed there were a lot of things for kids to do. The grounds are very well kept, the staff very helpful, and my kids enjoyed both pools on the property. I would recommend this resort to any family.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
8  Thank macfanmd
There are newer reviews for Diamond Resorts Grand Beach

Reviewed July 8, 2008

I have read the reviews before and after returning from our Florida vacation and was somewhat skeptical about some of the reviews whether our family should or should not stay at the Grand Beach. Never been to Florida, I can't say enough good things about the Grand Beach, except our stay was EXCELLENT. The rooms were great and spacious. The staff, when needed, were very efficient. The complaints are just that complaints from people who are used to "luxury/out of my class" hotels as if there were any. Well, we had it all - luxury and class- the whole time we were at the Grand Beach Resort. I would do it again - in a new york minute!!!!! Bravo to the management and staff

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
6  Thank purvise
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Stayed for 2 weeks in April. I went with my husband, our 3 yr old son and my parents. We stayed in a three bedroom condo. It was beautiful. The resort had lots of activities, everyone was VERY friendly and accomidating. I would go back there in a second. I would go back every year if I could. It was truly a wonderful vacation. My whole family loved it. NO CONCERNS. Perfect for everyone.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank Blavau
Reviewed June 22, 2008

I was a little apprehensive after reading some reviews about the place but was pleasantly suprised. We traded our timeshare through Interval for a 3 bedroom condo as there would be 8 of us. I called about a week before our arrival to confirm and request a lake view condo. Request was granted - we had Unit 623. The front desk & concierge staff were great. Did invite us for their "Open House" aka sales presentation for $125.00 gift card. ( if you sign up on arrival they also throw in a 3 day vacation) We didn't accept the offer - they did call a few times but there was no pressure. The condo itself was in great shape. Clean, comfortable..enough room for 8 with 3 bedrooms, sleep sofa & 3 full bathrooms. ( One w/ jaccuzzi tub). Despite as reported in other reviews - mattresses were fine, furniture in great shape, all supplies were replaced upon mid week maid service(dish-washing , dishwasher & washing machine detergents, TP etc. ) There was a good sized in room safe - large enough to hold a laptop computer. Free WiFi access in the lobby and pool areas. Parking was more than adequate. The grounds and buildings were well maintained. 2 pools were very clean. Security was visable.
Location was excellent - on 535 - close to everything and easy access to Rt 4.
The only negative I can think of is that they didn't have fitted sheets so the bottom sheet never really stayed in place all night. Other than that - the place was great, I would return and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank motherbored5
Reviewed April 17, 2008

We booked this resort through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. I have to say, I was a bit nervous when I read some of the reviews. When we got there, I was AMAZED at how gorgeous the place was. We had a partial view of the lake with mostly a parking lot view. I can definitely see how others would not like the power plant view. The condo was a 3 bedroom (2 of them master suites!!!), 3 bath condo. One of the masters had a jacuzzi tub which was exceptionally nice after a long day in the parks! I have a 3 year old who loved the activities that were provided (some for a small fee, which is completely understandable)...my daughter did bird house painting which she absolutely loved! The playground was nice and clean. The grounds were well maintained. Parking sometimes a little cramped...but in September it is the slower season so you could always find somewhere to park. Great security! We left our room key inside one night and when we returned and realized it, we called the security person who showed up in minutes (at 1:00 am!!!), checked our ID, and helped us to our room. I can't say enough about the great staff and the huge spacious rooms. We actually just booked our week in September to visit again. I would recommend this resort anyday! A call ahead could possibly help with not getting the power plant view!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank munser
Reviewed April 15, 2008

This property is beautiful, the online reviews doesn't give Grand Beach any justice.....this property is quiet peaceful.... I stayed there a week ago April 9-12 ...It's a complete upgrade from the Ramada hotel we first stayed in..... then moved to Grand Beach for a 3day stay... I was upgraded from a one bedroom to a gorgeous spacius 3bedroom....like paradise the 3bedroom is so huge you can get lost in it includes ....washer & dryer....dishwasher even a stereo system ... hot tube in the master bedroom, enclosed patio to view the beautiful property.... It's amazing I would go back in a flash Grand Beach is a fabulous resort don't let these reviews fool you. it may need slight upgrading but believe me it's nothing to complain about. Pool is nice stay is very helpful... right the main road located close to everything ate at Perkins open 24hrs good food not to too expensive... This a perfect location for friends & family to join you...They only other nicer property I saw while visitng Orlando is Vacation Village is up & coming. But Grand Beach is really nice no regrets at all !!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank msgoody
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Beautiful place to stay, situated on a lake. It had 2 heated pools, and 2 hot tubs. Volleyball, basketball, tennis, shuffle board, kayaks, paddle boats, hammocks, fishing and located close to all the attractions of Orlando.

They have replace all the mattresses but the den chair and couch still need to be replaced.

We stayed in a 3 bedroom and as reported, it is huge. The den is a little small though.

We did have parking issues a couple of days.

The did try to sell us on a time share tour, but there was not pressure and they were very nice.

We did have a stovetop eye that didn't work, but it was not an issue with us.

We grilled out at the local grills but you had to check out their utensils which required that you be 18 and have a picture ID. And if you turned it in after 2 hours, there was a $15 charge. This was really over the top.

We really loved the place and I would advise it to others.

Stayed: March 2008