“Fourth time at Grand Beach”

Diamond Resorts Grand Beach
Ranked #50 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We recently stayed at Grand Beach for our fourth time for a week this August. We love this resort because its close to all theme parks and downtown disney. We love that its a condo and love the kitchen. This time we have a few complaints, first we purchased our trip with priceline as a package with flight, and tickets included with the hotel. On arrival they did not have our room reserved for us and had to wait for them to fix the problem. We requested a certain room location and were unable to get it which i understand considering they didn't have a reservation for us in the first place. They said they were fully booked and there was only 2 rooms available one we would have to wait for and the other was ready right away. obviously we pick the room available right away we had been traveling all day, and just wanted to get our room. Once we got situated in our room we then began to realize it was a handi-cap suite. One major option we look for when booking hotels away is laundry option. They had a extremely small washer/dryer which could only fit 3 shirts in at a time, but the worse thing about this washer was it was also a dryer. the drying option was steam which kept the clothes wet and had to run for 2 -3 hours to dry, and on completion the clothes would smell musty like dirty towels... it was terrible... we have never had any issues with this resort before. I ended up having to air dry our clothes spread all across our room and outside, not ideal.

They did say we could call and inquire about moving rooms, its very difficult to move rooms once you have gotten situated in one, with kids and groceries ect. The resort was overcrowded or busy so it is very difficult for us to believe that all the rooms were reserved.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make sure you have a room in the location you want. Pool view of either pool is nice...
1  Thank Sommer H
There are newer reviews for Diamond Resorts Grand Beach

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks August 2013. 3 bedroom roomy unit. The two king bedrooms with ensuites were great. The room with twin singles was also good but noisy with the air conditioners. The 7 year old slept through noise the 71 year old struggled. The closed in porch situated over a pond was great for quiet reading in the shade. We had a faulty oven which was replaced same day with a brand new oven. Two pools which meant one was always half empty...your choice where you went. Could not fault the customer service given by the reception crews, maintenance and security. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ for them.

Concierge: Mixture of helpful people and sales staff. Tempted by the discounted tickets or the $100 then your choice if you go to the Sales presentation. If you attend, feel overwhelmed and pressured talk to senior management or fill in their review sheet. You can leave, you can sign up and there is a cooling off period .... this is your choice!

Room Tip: One comment: We had a ground floor unit in building 1. Secluded and quiet except for the lift at wee...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Diamond Resorts Grand Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We are pleased to know that although you encountered some issues during your stay, most of them were rectified immediately after reporting. Nevertheless, we regret if your family experienced any noise related issues and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for your kind comments referring to our team - we hope we will have another chance to be of service to you again in the future!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed in a 3 bedroom villa that was nicely decorated with a master bedroom that had a king size bed with a jacuzzi, shower and a closet. There was another bedroom with two twin size beds and a TV, and another room with a queen size bed which was very similar to the master bedroom. This is one of my favorite resorts in orlando and would recommend it to anyone who is going.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrea G
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed for 1 week begining of August,family of four with two teens.We are frequent travellers to Orlando and this trip we were doing Discovery Cove,Seaworld etc and wanted a three bedroom close by. This resort fit the bill This place has positives and negatives
Three bedroom unit was spacious and clean,room for everyone. Screened porch with ceiling fan was nice.Close to everything.
Grounds were lovely and well cared for and pools were clean.
Activities staff did a good job with the younger kids.
Negatives
Noise,noise and more noise.Loud people above us.Street noise below us was constant.
Kids deemed the third bedroom unusable due to the loud a.c located in the closet.
Furniture was a little sad and worn.Bathrooms dated but clean.
Was in building four with view of power station.
Main pool was taken over by large extended families of owners who looked at you sideways if you dared to get in the way of their pool games.Other pool was nice though.
Main gripe was the concierge desk and the front desk.Concierge were just sales people, always trying to get you to buy tickets and sign up for tours, had little knowledge of the local area,they always referred you to the front desk.On check in I requested a top floor room if available.No. How about a room with a view ? No.I was told to ask the next morning as some people were checking out.NO again to both requests, in fact I was told they had no rooms as they were "oversold".Really ? Asked for a basketball as the court was empty and son wanted to play,was told they had no balls available.Booked the kids for teen tubing only to arrive at the desk and be told it was cancelled.Housekeeping never showed up the entire week,we were supposed to have a midweek clean For a place whose motto is "The meaning of yes" there were just too many no's for my liking. We have stayed at the Fountains, Vistana Villages,Villas at Grand Cypress,we all agreed that Grand Beach was our least favorite.As as I said, nothing awful,everything was ok but just not great.Better options around.

Room Tip: I would ask ahead of time for a room with a lake view. Avoid building four roadside if you like your...
2  Thank boleynground
diamondresorts, Manager at Diamond Resorts Grand Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

We regret to read that you did not have as relaxing a stay as you would have wished for and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Any noise complaint provided to our front desk will be handled swiftly and appropriately by our security staff. If the noise issue persists, we will do everything possible, including relocation of the guests in question, or, if they so choose, those affected. Please accept our sincere apologies that these noise issues affected you and your family’s stay here, and be assured that we are reviewing our policies concerning noise issues, so that this will not be an issue for future guests. As you have mentioned in your review, our motto indeed is The Meaning of Yes and so we are concerned and disappointed following the reading of your review; we put great emphasis on providing excelled customer service and standard of accommodation. We would like to assure you that all issues mentioned by you will be addressed with our personnel – please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you again and offer you an excellent stay; we wish all the best on your future travels.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here 5 nights several weeks before Christmas and enjoyed the peace and quite during this time of year. The three bedroom was spacious, clean and comfortable. We especially loved the screened in balcony where we could see the lake. This unit is huge so you can bring the whole gang.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Diamond Resorts Grand Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

We are very pleased to know that you had such a pleasant and relaxing time here with us and we hope that we will have another opportunity to be of service to you again in the future!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Loved that the one bedroom had a separate living area with a pullout. You could close the door between the two. Also the fully equipped kitchen was a plus. On the downside I brought towels and sheets from home not sure if there would be linens. I was told to leave dirty towels on the floor or in the shower and The cleaning staff would remove and replace with new ones. Well I used my towels from home anyway... Personal preference and I hung them on the back of the door. Housekeeping removed them and replaced with new ones. I called the desk and they were not accommodating at all. Said they had not seen them and housekeeping would not do this. A $20 loss.. Petty to some but should have been avoided. Also when I booked through Hotwire I booked a two bedroom and then went back to add more days... All that was left at this time was a one bedroom for one additional day. Upon arriving to the front desk I was told I could have the two bedroom for all four days. The manager quickly came over and told me this was not an option. I was placed in the one bedroom for the entire stay. Then I was told to go to the concierge to receive my welcome package. After waiting behind a couple who reviewed their abundance of welcome gifts, I was not greeted but given a rude look by the lady behind the desk. I waited several minutes and she placed a small welcome package beside the other couple with no further eye contact and kept talking to the couple.
I was NOT happy with the front desk stay during this stay at all. Despite the great location and amenities of the room I will not be staying here again.
After I returned home someone from grand beach resorts kept calling me during the day while I was trying to sleep. They would leave no message. Finally upset that my sleep was being interrupted I woke up early one day to call and see if this was about my towels that had been lost. The guy said there was no record of anyone calling me but would put my name down to be taken off the list. The next day I was called again while I was sleeping to be offered an "exclusive" deal I'm Vegas I listened to his crap for about 7 minutes and accepted the offer and only AFTER did he tell me I had to be 26 years old. I am 24 and he asked if he could call me back for further offers. FOR WHAT? I can't accept them. Ridiculous!!

• Stayed: February 2013
diamondresorts, Manager at Diamond Resorts Grand Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience you appear to have experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves on a great standards of service and we are equally disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied with the customer care you received. We assure you that this was noted and the staff will be brought to attention in order to avoid similar situations in the future. If you are willing to give us another chance, we are extremely confident that your next stay will be much more enjoyable and even exceed your expectations. We sincerely appreciate your business with us and wish you the best on all your future travels.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed July 14-21 , three bedroom unit. Very surprised on cleanliness and how spacious the unit is. Having a washer and dryer in room is very helpful. Not a bad ride to Disney at all. The entrance to the resort at night is difficult to see.

Would stay here again!