Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #169 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Indiana
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed December 17, 2009

My family and I have been spending our Xmas and New Year holidays at this Hotel for over 10 years. The staff is always wonderful and willing to help with whatever is requested. The pools and workout rooms are always great.

We stay at a lot of Hilton properties during the year, but this is by and large our favorite.

The breakfast is always fantastic and the wait staff very attentive.

The General manager is always available and often stops and ask about our stay and if there is anything that he can do.

I recommend this hotel to all of my friends visiting Orlando. It is near everyting, reasonable price and most important in Orlando, KID friendly.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank IndyFL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
altamonte springs, fl
Reviewed December 7, 2009

First let me say I love to stay at Hilton properties, my favorite being Hampton Inn but I also love Hiltons. After reading the reviews on this place I was really looking forward to a couple of days of relaxation over Thanksgiving. When we checked in we noticed that they had a Thanksgiving dinner special the next day. Great. We don't have to go out! We got our room and it was very nice if a bit old. The strange thing was that the air conditioning drip was in the ceiling in the middle of the bathtub! Anyway, the bed was comfy and the room was spacious. When we got up the next morning for a shower we found we had NO hot water. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone right up. My wife and I went for a short walk and bought a few things. When we returned we went upstairs to drop off our packages. I checked the hot water and nothing. As a customer was at the front desk, decided that I would eat and then find out the problem. The dinner was to start at 2PM. It was 3PM. There was not hostess, no waitress, and no customers. The bartender said someone would be with us in a while. After 10 minutes we left and went to the front desk. I explained the situation and asked either for hot water or for a new room. The women at the front desk said that she would move us to a different wing because , "I hear the hor water is better there". I asked for a cart and she said no problem. She called the bellman 6 times but no response on the radio. I told her to forget it and went to the room to move our things. Did I mention that I am on OXYGEN all the time? Anyway, I checked out the hot water in the new room. It was great so I moved all of ou things to the new room. After resting a while, we decided to try the resturant again. Still no one there. No Waitress no nothing, just a plate of real food at the entrance that I suppose contained the meal that they were not serving. We thought about going out to eat but I wasn't feeling well so we decided to stay in. We called room service and ordered steak and grilled shrimp. When it was brought up I didn't pay much attention until the women left. It was then that I noticed that the shrimp was FRIED. I didn't even bother to call room service. Why should I? Anyway, breakfast the next morning was OK.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2009
Hello and let me start by apologizing for your inconvenience! As your review noted, this is not the typical experience of other guests in this forum. Problems happen, but this hotel has a strong track record of picking up the ball and running with it to satisfy our guests; I am embarrassed this did not occur on your visit! I have already brought your concerns to my staff and assure you we do not take your comments lightly. James Joyce said “mistakes are the portals of discovery”, and we will better our hotel because of your comments.

I sent you an email through the Tripadvisor “respond” function because I’d like to dialog a little further with you. If you do not receive it for some reason, please contact me at john.parkinson@Hilton.com with a good time to reach you.

John L. Parkinson
Derbyshire
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We have just returned from a 3 week stay at this hotel and i can honestly say that i have not found 1 thing to complain about. From the guys at the front of the hotel to the speedy check in, housekeeping and the complementary breakfast everything was 1st class. The room was clean and the beds were so big and comfy we slept really well. It was also reassuring that the rooms all opened into the hotel rather than onto the outside. I would definately recommend this hotel.

Houston
Reviewed November 28, 2009

My spouse and I stayed at this property during the week of 11/18/2009. It was a business/leisure trip. I found the property a little dated but well maintained. The room was clean and well maintained. They had flat screen TVs in each room, and furniture looked to be recently replaced. Our maid was very nice and did not come to clean the room and some ungodly time.

The evening reception was nice and enjoyable. The only thing that could be improved upon would be timing of the snacks provided. The hotel staff did not get them placed until way after the 5:30 pm time and then was very discourteous when asked about them. It could have been that my stay was also during the Florida Classic between Bethune Cookman and FAMU.

The cook to order breakfast was great. Just as I've come to expect from this chain. There was a turn down service during the week and the maid even hand fashioned a swan out of a towel for us.

We were given coupons to local restaurants (Boston Lobster Feast (stay away from)) and recommendations for others. I later found out that they hotel staff is given free meals for recommendations.

Overall, this property is located in a good place which allows for walking to nearby restaurants, businesses.

Note: A couple of the young ladies at the front desk could be a little more pleasant.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank blpeter
Cambridge
Reviewed November 27, 2009

My husband and I stayed ay this hotel for a two week holiday for my 40th birthday and this was our fourth trip to Orlando. Check in was speedy but we were not given any information on the hotel ie breakfast times or location of hotel facilities, we had to work that out for ourselves. Our room did smell a little musty on arrival but that soon wore off (or maybe we just got used to it). Housekeeping was a little hit and miss......our room was not hoovered for the whole two weeks, we know this because it became a joke between us about the same bits left on the floor. The milk and coffee was not topped up every day but the bathroom was left very clean and the bed changed regularly.

The hotel is in an excellent location, we have stayed in other hotels at the same end of I-Drive but this the was best for it's location. We felt quite secure as the rooms all open out onto the central atrium rather than the outside. Breakfast was excellent, food was kept topped up even during the very busy weekend of our second week. The transport provided to the parks was adequate but very busy even in November and we had to stand for the journey a couple of times.

The service from staff was good although the receptionist did not bother to wish me a 'Happy Birthday' despite seeing the badge I was wearing. The hotel had been advised of my birthday but I was a little disappointed that it was not acknowledged in any way by the hotel. I did feel that at times the staff tended to concentrate their attentions on conference attendees rather than holidaymakers but as a conference hotel I guess this is understandable.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and we would recomment the hotel to friends and family, mainly based on its location and security. Just a few minor changes would make this a truly excellent base for a holiday.

Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2009

Kid's loved the combination of an indoor and an outdoor pool and it was great to come back to the hotel and relax by the pool after a long day at the theme parks. Many great resturants are within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Devon
Reviewed November 24, 2009

worked really well for us with i-trolley service right outside, drugstore a short walk away and easy access to the parks & shopping; free shuttle for Disney, Epcot, Universal & SeaWorld was useful; inclusive breakfast was of a decent standard and the evening manager's reception with comp drinks was a nice touch. used both the indoor & outdoor pools which, whilst small, were a good additional amenity; the staff were helpful and friendly throughout our ten day stay .... we'd recommend & return the next time we head to Orlando

1 Thank TastravellerDevon