Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #150 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My overall feeling for this Hotel is Ok, but not more than that. I was on Business trip and was chceking this Hotel, to see if my Family and I should stay there at an upcoming vacation.

I noticed the Hotel offered free Bus Service to nearby attractions, this could be handy at a vacation.

Things I liked:
- Very Friendly staff.
- Free Business Center (one day I had the need for a printer, then this was handy).
- Coffe/Tea maker and a large fridge.
- Complimentary Breakfast makes it easier in the morning. And the Breakfast was good.
- Location, Hotel has a good location with several restaurants nearby.

Things I didn't like:
- The Hotel looks old.
- The rooms look even older - especially the bath room need a renovation.
- Both the bathroom fan and the a/c were very noisy.
- Very dark room. You keep the curtains for the Windows in the livingroom part of the suite, unless you want people passing by to look in through the Windows. And since all lamps were equipped with vague saving bulbs, the room were very dark. A ceiling lamp would help a bit. If you dropped a coin on the carpet, it was lost, you could'n find it in the dark.
- Even with curtains closed, it was possible to see into the room.
- Noise from the Highway was irritating.
- No in-room safe box. A safe box is available at the reception, but only for small things.
- Wifi was not free (normally). I don't understand why Hot Water, Cable Channels, A/C etc. is free, but Internet Access is not.

If the bathrooms get renovated, the rooms made lighter and wifi made complimentary, I would probably consider to use this Hotel for an upcoming vacation in Orlando. If not, I find another (newer) Hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Duelund
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed here after a couple days at DisneyWorld. Totally not fair, so I'll write this and try very hard not to compare. The parking area was ample. While they did offer valet parking, it wasn't needed. Front desk was very attentive and gave us a few great pointers. In addition, they also gave us all free passes for the trolly. The trolly dropped us off at SeaWorld to continue our journey and the people on the ride also added to the trip.
Is the hotel dated? Yes
Are the rooms dated? Yes
The view from our room was terrible, and I'm Hilton Diamond... however
The breakfast was very good and it suited our needs very well for the price we paid.
Stay with confidence and enjoy all the excellent restaurants that surround you.. IF You get the change, stop at Howl at the Moon! The best clean adult opportunity in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PeterV54301
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This Embassy Suites is an older building that definitely needs renovation and not up to the standards we are accustomed to with this brand. The room was clean and acceptable; however, both the indoor and outdoor pools had serious staining on the bottom and side walls that appear to be green algea. I informed the front desk staff on two seperate occasions while staying here 4 nights...NO IMPROVEMENT!

I will not stay at this hotel again. When I travel to a warmer climate, I EXPECT an inviting pool that is clean and well kept.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
B_Friedrich, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I was happy to hear that your room was clean but I truly apologize for the condition of the pool during your visit. I can assure you that the pool's cleanliness is of the utmost importance to us and that the problem you noticed was not algae. The "staining" you described is actually a worn down pool surface. We will be resurfacing the outdoor pool prior to the summer and are working on finalizing the dates now. I would love to speak with you about your stay. If possible, please email me at william.friedrich@hilton.com or call me directly at (407) 581-4301. We hope that when your travels bring you to Orlando again, we'll have the chance to welcome you back.

Bill Friedrich

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel is in a good location. But the Hotel is very average. It needs to be updated. The breakfast is good and convienent. I don't care for the windows that are in the front of each room, even with the curtains closed people walking by can still see into your room. Valet parking is $12.00, ridiculous!. I probably would bot stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Directly across from Senor Frogs and Bahama Breeze. You can walk a mile in either direction and have something to do. Beautiful surroundings and a very safe area! The hotel staff was so awesome from front desk employees, bar, cleaning staff- everyone made the experience perfect! We weren't going to any parks on our visit, so the hotel WAS our vacation, I can tell you we were not disappointed! I called at 5:30 am the day we were to arrive and Hugh assured us "our suite will be ready upon arrival" which was at noon! He went out of his way to allow us an early check in. We had a late departure and the friendly staff allowed us to check out at 4:00 instead of the normal time. I'm sure they were able to do this since it was a week day and not so busy, but some places are so stingy and unwilling to work with anyone.....not Embassy! The music playing in the pool area was great and being able to walk into the hotel bar from the pool to bring out a drink was convenient too! We will stay at THIS Embassy next time we visit Orlando. So there was a little paint chipped on the edge of the bathroom door...............who cares! I've stayed in hotels double the cost and seen chipped paint. Our room actually had two rooms in it, a living room,kitchen and bathroom and a separate room with a closing door to the bedroom. Complimentary happy hour every night and a free hot breakfast were nice perks. The bartender was so friendly and recognized us each time and even remember what we had ordered the day before :) Indoor and Outdoor pools and hot tubs! I could go on and on! We have told everyone about our stay and I will continue to encourage everyone going to Orlando to stay at Embassy- our new favorite! Thank you! Halee & Heather

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Halee S
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Yes-the hotel has a beautiful atrium.
Yes-the hotel has a great location.
Yes-the breakfast is delicious.
BUT NOTHING CAN MAKE UP FOR THE MUSTY ODOR, MILDEWY BATHROOM AND WORN CARPET AND DATED FURNITURE.
There are numerous newer hotels along I Drive. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Don't stay here!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jkcole55

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I would love to talk to you about your stay and it would truly help to know exactly which suite you stayed in so we can address any odor or cleanliness concerns within that particular suite. If possible, please contact me via email at william.friedrich@hilton.com or directly via phone at (407) 581-4301. Thank you again.

Bill Friedrich

Reviewed February 27, 2013

While searching for a hotel i saw this one had some bad reviews but i kept in mind there will always be some people who complain about everything. I went ahead and booked a room for one night thinking it's a Hilton hotel ..how bad can it be? Well upon arrival i really liked the location of the hotel and the lobby was beautiful. I was given a room on the 5th floor. After i got off the elevator i noted there was a tray of old food sitting on the floor. I went in the room and was not impressed at all. My view was of the hotel next door that was being renovated and the carpet was really worn and grimy. The bathroom had mildew stained grout and the furniture was nicked everywhere. I decided i would suck it up and stay the night until i saw a huge cockroach climbing up the curtain. I grabbed my stuff and went down to request a room change. The woman apologized and gave me a new room. The new room was a little better but still had a cracked sink and just worn look. There were trays of food that sat out in the hallway my entire stay which only added to the grossness and i'm sure the roach problem. Oh yeah and my second room had a view of the highway and a sliding door that did not seal shut. I

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends