Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #124 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night to visit with a family friend on our way through to Key West. The hotel lobby was so gorgeous I couldn't believe it when we walked in! It was by far the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in. The price was not bad for how nice the place was. The continental was free and had quite a bit to choose from including omelet/egg station, oatmeal, fresh fruit and more! Although we did not use either pool (indoor and out), they looked very nice. We stayed in a double room with a sofabed and we were very comfortable. The only downfall was that the staff was not overly friendly. I am not saying that they were rude, but I just expected a little more from such a nice hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,990)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Recently visited Orlando and had a lovely stay here! Food and drink were lovely, service was great and we saved $10 on our Disney tickets buying them in the hotel. The shuttle was great too and took us straight to Epcot ready for park opening.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and had a great stay! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a nice size, the extra bar area was great to have. The bathroom was a bit small, but not any smaller than other hotel bathrooms I've been in.

Breakfast was very good, the omelets delicious. I just wish breakfast ended at 10 during the week. (Ends at 9:30) pool area was nice. The shuttles to Disney were great. They were there every day on time.

Other than the room being a bit musty this hotel was just what we needed. It was a very good stay! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed in room 604 and the room has a lot of things that show it needs some upkeep. It takes a while for the water to get hot. At check in they checked me into a room that was still being cleaned waited outside the room with the bellman for about 10 minutes. They had no info on a trade show that I was attending about shuttle service. Every time I walked by the front desk they had there heads buried in the computer while no guest were there and never acknowledged me. I was very disappointed especially for the price I was paying. There was so much more but you get the idea. I would stay somehere else too many other choices to pick from.

1  Thank Whitebeach34515
B_Friedrich, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I assure you that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and appreciate your comments so we can address each issue with our staff. We appreciate that you shared your room number so we could quickly inspect and remedy the hot water problem. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Kind regards,

Bill Friedrich

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife had a convention at this hotel in which she was a presenter.
Let me begin with some positive info.....The front desk personnel at this hotel were, without doubt, the best I have experienced in years of hotel stays. Ask them "Where can I.....?" and the answer is "Let us do that for you"

The breakfast is excellent including eggs made to order...a really nice touch.

The accommodations are quite good, however the bathrooms seem a bit dated.

We had a bad experience at this hotel, and had it not happened, I would have given the hotel and "EXCELLENT" score.

The hotel offers free transportation to the theme parks. We thought we would go to a theme park on one of our 3 days at the hotel, the other two days being focused on the conference agenda. We did not realize that the Concierge was not a hotel employee, but rather an outsource that, among other things, sold theme park tickets.

We didn't know we would overpay at the hotel (Just over $200 for two tickets as opposed to $178 at the gate).

Because we were running tight on time for the last hotel provided free bus to the theme parks...and as the Concierge said it would save us time at the "long Lines" (her words) at the ticket booth of the park we had chosen, we bought two tickets from her..

We had been given a schedule which said the last bus to the theme parks was 10:40 am. We were available for the but at 10:32. But there never was a bus.

We tried to return our $200.00+ tickets but we were told, by the Concierge who had given us erroneous info regarding the bus schedule (the schedule was in written form as well), that the tickets we had bought 15 minutes earlier from her were nonrefundable. We brought this to the attention of the front desk, and, to their credit, they, during the day, placed a bottle of wine and some "goodies" in our room....but they could not correct what the concierge had done because the concierge, as I said previously is an outsource.

I brought this to the attention of Embassy Suites customer relations. The reservation was under my wife's name, but I asked them to interact with me, having given them my email and my phone number. They didn't contact me. However, a few days later I received (via email from my wife) a questionnaire (survey) to see how satisfied I was with Embassy Suites Customer Service. It is difficult to properly judge a contact that never happened.

1  Thank drh3177
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rooms are clean and staff friendly.Near almost all the good sites with plenty of restaurants to choose from.I would stay here again!Grounds are clean and lots of parking .Easy access of main roads and Interstate.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The hotel lobby and interior atrium is magnificent, and the rooms are nice, but nothing extravagant. We rented two rooms on the 6th floor (621 and 624). One room was fine, but the other (624) was very musty smelling and we moved to 604. The rooms were sufficient - pull out couch for the kids, a table/desk with 3 chairs and a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was kind of small. Even though our room was right beside the elevators, we couldn't really hear them, which I was concerned about at first. The indoor heated pool, jacuzzi, and sauna were nice and the kids loved it in January! The managers reception was just okay - there are better snack options at other Embassy Suites hotels. They do provide a cooked-to-order breakfast, which is always a plus! There are numerous restaurant options adjacent to the hotel and within walking distance. The best of all - Disney World and Sea World are just a short drive from the hotel and it's a lot cheaper than staying at a Disney Resort! We will be back!

Room Tip: Don't stay on International Drive side, as the restaurant/bar across the street plays loud music...