Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #163 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“HOTEL OF CHOICE EVERYTIME”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed in this hotel/suites in September 2011. I can honestly say it was the best for location by a distance. Situated almost directly opposite Point Orlando and close to many many restaurants and shops!
The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful especially concierge Dee. He was amazing!! The rooms were spacious and very clean. There were 5 of us so we had to use the sofa bed which while not the most comfortable, was absolutely fine for the 2 weeks we stayed. To be honest, we were so exhausted at the end of a busy day in the park we could have slept in the corridor :)
Every evening there were free drinks and nibbles, which was fantastic. The complimentary breakfast was a godsend. Ranging from fresh fruit to muffins to a full cooked breakfast! An excellant way to start a busy day.
The free transport to all the parks was the best of any hotel we've ever stayed in in Orlando, the times suited perfectly.
I would without doubt stay in this hotel again, indeed we plan on staying there in 2014. We loved it there and can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Hello and thank you so much for the great review. Dee is an outstanding young man and a perfect example of the dedicated team we have at this hotel. Thanks for sharing the pictures too... great looking family! We are looking forward to see you all again in 2014!

John.parkinson@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Using our DOD employee rate, we stayed at the Embassy Suites for a three day weekend trip to Disney. We loved it. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location is perfect for all of the Orlando attractions and you can easily walk to dinner no matter what your taste buds are for the evening. . The rotundra is just beautiful and makes the hotel a true gem. Our 9 year old daughter just loved it and the openness allowed us comfort in allowing her to explore without being at her side the whole time, we could keep our eyes on her at all times. The room was very clean, comfortable and the beds were the most comfortable I remember ever having. The bathroom was very updated and clean. My husband LOVED the free happy hour from 5-8 and we all loved the free hot/cold breakfast each morning. The breakfast ares is huge and they prepare a full eggs, omelets, bacon, sausage, pancakes and waffles. This is on top of the cold breakfast offerings. We grabbed extra fruit each day for our snacks during our day trips to Disney. We loved our stay so much that a few weeks later when we came back for our Disney/Universal three days weekend round two, we never considered staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Hello and thank you so much for posting this great review. Nothing makes us happier than having satisified guests! We are very lucky to come to work daily in such a beautiful atrium. My kids love riding the glass elevators and looking at the large trees.

Thank you for your loyalty and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Have a "Suite" day

Tampa
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were in room 219 and there is a very loud humming noise that comes and goes. At first I thought it was a vacuum but it continued into the night. Very annoying This property could use some updating

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank pamwigs
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post this review! I passed this on to the Engineering Team who can check on that noise for us! When I travel, location is my #1 priority. You absolutely cannot beat our location on International Drive. Monkey Joes just opened a location at Point Orlando (about a 5 min walk from us), which is a really fun spot for the young ones! They even have a lounge area for the adults while the kids go nuts!

Thank you again for posting this review and have a “Suite” day!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here during the week of hurricane Debbie. We couldn't even make it down to Disney bc of the torrential rain. We were scheduled to leave tues and of course, weds the weather was to clear up. So embassy let us stay the extra day and leave our stuff in the room until we returned from Disney. We returned at 940 pm, no extra charge. Shuttles to Disney, free breakfast, and the indoor pool came in handy during a hurricane! Thank you for letting us stay the extra day! And ps, I'm very picky so this is a good one:)

• Stayed June 2012
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post this great review! Although very little damage, Debbie really brought the rain in full force. We really needed it after an extended drought, but I know it can damper (pardon the pun) on a vacation. I'm so glad even through the bad weather you enjoyed your stay! Thank you again for posting and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

John L Parkinson
Somers, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while attending at convention in Orlando. I am used to a bit more of a relaxed environment at the ES brand but this place was like tour bus central.
The rooms too were a bit tired. This place just needs a total update if they want to be in keeping with the ES image.
I will say that everyone on staff that I interacted with was very cheerful & kind. Overall I would not choose to stay at the hotel again because it does seem to fit the perceived expectation that I have associated with the brand.

• Stayed July 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post this review! July is a very busy month for the city and our hotel. I apologize that everything was not up to your Expecatations, but thank you for the nice comments on the staff. We are always striving to improve, and we will use your comments for just that!

John L Parkinson
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Having just returned from a holiday of a lifetime, which was enhanced by our stay at the embassy suites. The staff were incredibly nice and efficient. The suites were large and spacious, lovely breakfast and drinks reception. The pool area small but adequate and very clean. A special mention to Mark the concierge who was extremely helpful, Lenox the batman and Andrea the bar manger who were very friendly. We would definitely stay here again

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Aideen W
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to post this great review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Mark, Lennox and Andrea were helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Have a "Suite" Day!

john.parkinson@hilton.com
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Who has the most comfortable beds,The Roosevelt hotel, New York or The Embassy Suites International l Drive Orlando ?, Yes I believe The Embassy, hands down. Eight floors of hotel pleasure. My family and I stayed here twice, and could find very little to fault it, from the Doorman to the manager. My personal Thanks to Mr Parkinson(Manager). They could not do anything more to make you feel at home. The booking agents made a mess of our booking, that was not a problem to the staff of this hotel, The transport to Universal broke down, no problem, new transport under 10 minutes, Nothing fazes the professionalism of this hotel. You want a huge choice for breakfast including cooked to order, You want a free drink and nibbles after a long day at the parks or after a conference and you need to unwind, well you got it! You want to know the best places to go, Hi Rich (Concierge). Do I have any criticism, Yes! Mr Parkinson, you need a bigger outdoor pool!. If you can find another hotel better than this,at these prices, book it and let me know, but I don't expect to be hearing from you for a while!
May I also suggest that if you need transport to the airport, contact Edward Korgan of Taxi-MCO.com a real genuine nice guy, who will do his utmost to cater to your needs?

Room Tip: At this Hotel, all rooms are good!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lyn R
Thank you so much for the great review! You are much too kind! I’m so glad we got your booking sorted out and you were able to enjoy a great stay with us! I’ve enjoyed your emails and recommendations on NY! I noticed you really liked Kennedy Space Center and Ale House… two of my favorite spots also!

Thank you again for taking the time to post this review! I’m sorry we didn’t get the chance to chat while you were here! I’m sure we will next time!

john.parkinson@hilton.com