Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #182 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
belfast
“we went back again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

travelling were myself,husband and 2 teenage daughters,we went from 4th December/18th December.....there was no other Hotel considered when choosing our holiday for 2011,in the heart of i-drive,plenty of restaurants and shops close by and also the Pointe shopping center,shuttles provided by the Hotel were excellent,got us to the parks for opening and for Seaworld there was complimentry i-ride passes that lasted for 24hours....the breakfast as usual was a great start to the day and i must give a shout out to Carmen,even on the busiest mornings she kept smiling and always had a lovely "good morning" for everyone,yes some mornings there was a queue but hey,it's a great spread for free!and a good start for the day,the reception staff were very friendly,especially Zach and Robert,(Robert i'm still looking into the Aran business lol)..Zach very kindly posted a birthday card for me which i was worrying over not getting back to my sister,the valet guys outside,Dee,Marc and Yousen,were the most friendly helpful guys you could wish to meet,everyday whatever one of the guys was on, there was always a joke or some helpful hint and a genuine interest in your day..another lovely person we met was Julie,she cleaned our room a few times and whenever we met her around the hotel she always said hello and asked if we were having a nice holiday......the bedrooms are a great size,with a vanity area which was handy for our daughters,..the living area has a wet bar and is stocked each day with teabags and coffee, a pullout sofa is available and flat screen tvs' are in each room..the bathroom is on the small size but adequate,..the new pool area is really nice and after a long day at the parks it was great to use the jacuazzi....on the cooler nights the indoor pool is a bonus......the restaurant attached to the hotel is the Fish Eye Grill..the staff in there were great(hi Lennox) and the food is lovely......all in all a great holiday,yes the furniture could do with a steam clean..but with thousands of visitors going through this hotel some things will look a bit dated...the staff and location are excellent,will we be back..YES...

Room Tip: 334 was a great room,near but not to close to the elevator and on the i-drive side....
14 Thank josie137
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
First, I love the profile picture! What a sharp looking pup! We always love hearing from our return guests and thank you for the email and we are excited you will be returning again next December! I'll be sure to pass all these great comments on to the team you mentioned in your review! To remember all their names, they must have really left an impression! They love to see their names on these reviews... kind of like a celebrity status thing I think!

Thanks again and see you in 2012!

john.parkinson@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

First let me say if you are able to get reservations at an Embassy Suites closer to Disney - Good Luck. The Embassy Suites on I-Drive location is a perfect fit to a families who want the Disney experience without all of the hussle and bussle.

Thank you to the following staff members of this location: Lennox, Ron, Sal, Elsa, Johnny, William, Denise, Robby and other names which escape me. All were pleasant and offered assistance without being asked.

Our family of 3 stayed the week after Christmas, and like many others mentioned the yummy breakfast in the morning, and the manager's social hour were very welcomed after spending HOURS in lines at the Disney parks...and I do mean hours :(.

Dave & Buster's is 2 buildings over, a welcome break from Disney. The hotel is walking distance to other neighboring eateries, stores and museums.

Plus Side:

Older property
Minor plumbing issue
Slow Elevator
Peek a boo curtains

Room Tip: Book early, off season for double beds
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
I apologize for the delay in replying to your review; I recall writing it, but maybe never hit send. Nevertheless, thank you for taking the time to post this review. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to the team…thank you for taking the time to recognize them personally!

That might be the busiest weeks of the year in Orlando, so I bet the parks were a little more hectic than normal. If you are looking to miss some of the busy season, feel free to contact us and we can guide you into some less hectic periods.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and staying with us! We know you have a choice when visiting Orlando and appreciate your trust in us!

Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

This hotel is the usual Embassy Suites formula and is very good for family trips to Orlando. It is well situated on International Drive and is near a number of good resturants. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle to the theme parks but operates on a restricted timetable.

The complimentary breakfast is good and hearty andof the standard that the Embassy Suites is well known for.

The complimentary Manager's Reception (aka "Happy Hour!) is a great way to finish a day at the theme parks.

Staff were very friendly. Rooms were clean and tidy and spacious. Beds were very comfortable.

There were a couple of minor cons.
1) The internet in the business centre was terribly slow. It took me 30 minutes to download some google driving directions and to "check-in" for our flights. Very frustrating.
2) Housekeeping left us a minor surprise every day. One day, they never left enough bath towels, another, no shampoo, another no bath mat. Nothing serious or "shop stopping" but not to the usual bullet proof service I've expected from Embassy Suites over the years that I have used this chain.

All up, I'd stay here again and am happy to recommend.

3 Thank DanC-in-USA
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Happy New Year and thank you for taking the time to post a review! The great thing about Embassy Suites is you can feel very confident you are going to get some great stuff, no matter where you stay! I’ll check on the Business Center issue, but it’s my guess your stayed with us before we enhanced our bandwidth in late December. I started to realize why we needed some extra juice when I took a personal trip to Ft. Lauderdale. We had a laptop, ipad and cell phones all pulling on the network of the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach and it was lighting fast. I said, whatever they are doing at this hotel, we need the same. So, fast forward to December and it’s here. Thank you for taking the time to post a review!

John.parkinson@hilton.com
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

Hi,

My husband and I stayed at the Embassy on the Orlando International Drive from Dec19th through Dec 24th. We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary at the hotel. Zach at the front desk was an angel: he gave us a bottle of champagne and a lovely card upon our arrival.

Not only is the service great, the location is perfect for couples/families that want to take a break from the Disney theme.There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are clean and spacious.

would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
First let me congratulate you on your anniversary! We are honored that you trusted us with this important trip! I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the team including Zach; or “Zach Attack” as he is commonly known around here paying homage to our teams affinity of 80’s TV Shows (Saved By the Bell). We love to know when our guests are celebrating something special so we can be part of the celebration. PS- welcome to the SEC!

John.parkinson@hilton.com
Ocracoke, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

After a lot of research and counseling with the family, a decision was made to book with The Embassy Suites on International Drive at The Convention Center. We were drawn to the indoor and outdoor pools and jacuzzis, the made to order breakfast, and the walking distance to restaurants and night life. My adult children were pleased with the manager's reception every evening. All of this worked perfectly, along with the shuttles to the parks.I didn't realize that I would end up needing one of the 4-5 laundry facilities in the hotel. The suite lay out provided a comfortable bed for each of us; I took the sofa bed for a few nights when I became aware that my snoring was keeping the kids awake. Even the sofa bed was comfortable!

I am generally a very easy person to please. I read some of the reviews about the hotel being a little worn. I saw a little of what I read about but that was not my intention for coming to Orlando. None of these criticisms were enough to influence my stay at this hotel. If you need to find something to complain about, you will find it. If you keep yourself open to all of the wonderful people and options available to you, you will receive.

We had a great time and would return again to this or any Embassy Suites Hotel.

Room Tip: We read the suggestion to get a room on the I Drive side. Our rooms were on the highway side and nev...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We have over 100 team members that work hard to take care of our guests, and reviews like yours make it all worth it!

We know you have a choice when visiting Orlando and we appreciate that you picked us!

John.parkinosn@hilton.com
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

This past week I stayed at this hotel with my husband and 2 young children (4.5 and 1.5 years old). We were also travelling with another family with same aged kids.

The Embassy Suites served our purpose very well. We wanted to be in the Disney area without the big Disney prices and with flexibility to come and go on our own schedule with rental cars and to eat non-Disney food.

What we really liked about this hotel:
--Rooms are good sized, amenities like kitchenette were very handy.
--Breakfast in the AM made the start to each day pretty darn easy
--Pools were nice for our kids
--Free parking
--No resort fees
--Clean and fairly comfortable
--Quiet

What we wished would be different:
--Pack and Play (aka crib) was tiny and rickety. My son ended up sleeping with us which was not so nice but he simply did not fit in the pack and play and frankly it was in shameful condition. The hotel should invest in larger size pack and plays (they do come in different sizes) and they should be checked that they are not completely wobbly. This one even had an egg size hole in the mess on one size. Not nice at all.
--Plumbing is lousy. The shower drain was slow and that was disgusting. Our friends reported the same thing. I asked housekeeping to fix it and they never attended to it.
--Main bed was soft. I might be spoiled as we bought a top of the line bed at home, but even so, a hotel bed should not feel soft and rocky. this hotel could invest some money in firmer matresses and I bet everyone staying at this hotel would be happy.
--Curtains in living room do not close in such as way as to give full privacy to the living room space. We had to push furniture up against the windows in an effort to have full privacy so my daughter sleeping on the pullout sofa could not be seen by passerby in the halls.
--Sofa-bed was miserably uncomfortable. For a four year old it really does not matter but for an adult it is truly a punishment. This was a bony frame that would make any adult long for home and I am pretty sure that is not what a hotel wants its guests to feel.

I say all this with a grain of salt. We were paying a quarter of what the Disney hotels were charging Christmas week. It is a quick drive to all attractions. The hotel in general is quite nice and a little shopworn, but then again every hotel in Orlando gets a big workout. Still, the Embassy Suites could have kept the drains clearer and the beds firmer and so on. You are, afterall, in the sorta luxury hotel business. We had a lot of fun in Orlando and would go back. BTW, if you want a nice dinner go to Bahama Breeze across the street and sit behind the reggae guy outside and your kids can run around, its not too loud and the food is quite good. Adults can eat like adults and the kids can eat well too. That's saying a lot in a tourist town.

Room Tip: Avoid west facing rooms as those are right on I-4 and could be annoyingly noisy.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! I also am a fan of Bahama Breeze for the same reasons you are; they have a great atmosphere and food! Understand your comments on the softness of the beds; all Embassy's actually use "super toppers" to soften the feel of the beds. In the future, we can easily remove them if you prefer a firm mattress. I’ll be sure to pass your likes and dislikes on to the team, so we can as always work to improve! Thank you again for posting this review on our property!

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in mid December. The hotel is in a great location, near parks and many, many restaurants nearby. The convention center is within walking distance. The weather was not optimal while we were there, so we travelled to Tampa *90minutes) and went to Busch Gardens, which was a great day.

The hotel itself was great. There is a lot of room, and we usually stay at Embassy Suites for the separte sitting area. The bed was very comfortable. I specifically requested a quiet room, and we had one. I agree with other reviews, stating that the rooms facing I-4 can be noisy. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful, and the conceirge and bell man were both very friendly. We discussed tickets to Busch Gardens with the conceirge, but tickets were actually less expensive if you bought them online. We used the business center to printo out the tickets without difficulty.

Breakfast met our needs just fine. There was a selection of yogurt, fruit, bread and cereal. We did not try the hot options. We are early risers and there was never a long line for the cook. I will say that the coffee was not very good, but if that' is the worst thing you can find, you are made out very well.

I would recommend this hotel without pause, and we will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are not near the elevator and face away from I-4.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
I love Busch Gardens too! Great rollercoasters! I went on Manta at SeaWorld for the first time this weekend and rekindled my love for super fast rides! Next stop is Busch Gardens. BTW, thanks for posting this great review!

I’m not much of a coffee drinker … but recently discovered espresso. Here is a tip for all the readers: because coffee is so specific, we offer two types of coffee in the breakfast. One near the milk and juice and the other brewed option in the atrium seating area.

I realize this doesn’t help you much now, but on your next trip to Orlando we will get your favorite coffee and have it ready for you.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this review!