Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #187 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Edmonton, Canada
“Another great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I have stayed in many Embassy Suites across the US and I think this is one of the better ones. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did have so issues with our room, however it was rectified right away.

Room Tip: All rooms have inside access. Our room was on the highway side however we did not hear any traffic...
2 Thank jake5454
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I took a look at your other Orlando reviews and it looks like you had a great trip! People who know me well, will tell you I am very competitive. So, being the only 5 Star review you gave on this trip is very exciting! The Embassy Suites Brand has a very rich culture so your comments are very flattering!

Thank you again for posting a review!

john.parkinson@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Jersey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

We recently spent two weeks in Orlando staying at the Embassy Suites for a second time. We were pleased to see that nothing had changed and everyone working there from the cleaners/maids to the reception staff and managers were all friendly very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Although the rooms are beginning to look a bit tired they are more than adequate and very comfortable. We had a small problem with water not draining from the bath very quickly, but it was sorted within half an hour of alerting the front desk. We particularly found the free breakfast brilliant especially with two teenagers and the Managers free cocktails each evening also went down very well, although we found some guests seemed to use it as an excuse to down as many drinks as they could in two hours and eat all the free snacks on offer as soon as they were put out. This time we took friends and their children with us and they were also very impressed with the hotel, it's location and facilities. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on first floor and not at back of hotel as traffic on the i4 is very heavy day an...
1 Thank sueleb18
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review!
I received a letter recently asking me to refer people to a business I frequent. It said something along the lines of a reference is the best compliment I could pay them. I disagree; the best compliment is trusting us again with your well deserved vacation! References are great too though. You did both which is pretty cool! Thank you again for trusting us and we hope to see you again soon!

John.parkinson@hilton.com
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

we stayed at the hotel for two weeks and i couldnt ask for more the room was very nice, big, sapcious and comfy.the room was always tidy and clean and the cleaners did a very good job. hotel staff were very friendly and nothing was a problem. i have to say jay stood out (car valet) he is a very nice person had a few chats with him and once again nothing was a problem. pools were very nice.

Room Tip: 8 th floor is good
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi Dave Wilson,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel! We know you have a choice when visiting a destination like Orlando and we appreciate you giving us a chance. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to Jay, who I agree is a great asset to our team. I started my career in bell and valet so I know great Jay is. Thank you again and have a “Suite” day!

john.parkinson@hilton.com
Olympia, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I was disappointed with the quality of the upkeep of my hotel room, as evidenced by threadbare (literally) carpet, stained furniture, damaged sink, and ill-repaired shower fixtures (pictures of all attached). I brought this to the attention of the management, and to their credit, even though they could not move me to another room (they were full), they provided a significant discount to my stay. Furthermore, all of the hotel staff from the bartenders at the manager's reception to the housekeepers were extremely friendly and helpful. This went a long ways in terms of making me feel like they really cared about my experience, and went out of their way to assist me. Given that level of customer service, I'd give them another chance to prove themselves whenever I return to Orlando. On other fronts, the snacks at the manager's reception were weak (pretzels, chips and crackers), but the drinks were excellent. The breakfast fare was very good and the omlette chef extremely friendly and making a good product. Unfortunately, all of the hot items outside of oatmeal (including eggs, bacon, sausage, and pancakes) were behind the omlette counter and not out on a buffet. So consequently you had long lines waiting for the hot food, because the same person cooking the omlettes was dishing out items that could have easily been placed on a hot buffet.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Palm Beach Gardens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice hotel. Wonderful location. Love the breakfast buffet.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
I couldn’t have said it better myself! I’d like to say more, but you pretty much made my job easy! “Nice hotel”, “wonderful location” and yummy free food is what we’re all about.

-------------
AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at this Orlando hotel during a recent conference at the Orange County Conference Center. We thought it was a good property and a very good value for the money. In addition to good sized suites, they also offer a manager's happy with free drinks (not top shelf liquor, but free!) and a very good breakfast buffet with a "cooked to order" egg station.

The rooms were clean, the staff was courteous and it was close to the conference center. The pool was under repair when we were there, but we were too busy to have used it this trip anyway. We will be traveling to Orlando for business regularly now and this will be one of our first choices for accommodations.

1 Thank toesinthesandAz
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! We hope to be your home when in Orlando from here on out. If you would like, I would be happy to arraign a meeting with one of our awesome Sales Managers to set up a preferred rate? We are very close to completing the pool upgrades, but our large indoor pool is available and ready for fun!

----------
Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

stayed aug 2011 family4 pool view as requested staff excellent food great room kept very clean great facilaties free reception every evening could not do enough for us returning next year party of 12 looking forward already mc donnell family.

2 Thank peter m
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! Looks like you had a great stay with us and we look forward to making your stay next year just as great! As always, if there is anything we can do in advance of your next trip please let us know. I know planning a trip for 12 people is not easy, and maybe we can offer some assistance!

--------