Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court
Ranked #110 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
“Great hotel & location ”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks over Easter. The staff were fantastic, super friendly, always smiling and very welcoming! Our room was on the 7th floor with a good view and very little road noise. The decor was quite dated but very clean and well laid out. The bed was massive and very comfortable. Complimentary wifi was great and worked perfectly everyday! There was a huge selection of food at breakfast which was fresh and tasty. The location is ideal, many restaurants near by and Walgreens just around the corner! They offer a free shuttle bus to universal everyday at different times, this was brilliant and we made use of it a few times. We would definitely stay at this embassy suites again and we will recommend it to friends and family!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel has a great location in relationship to one of the conference centers and being able to walk to a few nearby restaurants. The lobby area is done well. Being a Diamond member, I was upgraded to a corner room on the top floor. Upon entering my room, it smelled musty, was in serious need of renovation-it needed paint, new carpet (lots of permanent soil) -I was shocked that it was a Hilton property. The furniture smelled like it had been stored in an old home for decades. The bathroom was small and had a cheap dollar store looking soap dish, worn out towels and the whole room was just old smelling, tired and worn. I schlepped down to the front desk where the manager helped me and I simply told him-I just checked in, and I just can't bring myself to sleep in that musty, tired, worn room. He knew exactly what I was talking about and immediately checked me out and apologized.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Karen M
Jacques B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
I appologize for the less than perfect conditions of your suite, we have a major renovation coming. Please feel free to contact me personally the next time you are in Orlando, and I will make sure this time it is perfect. jacques.bouchard@hilton.com
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Took my elderly mother on a fun road trip, and was SO EXCITED about showing her the wonders of Embassy Suites (I had stayed in a couple before, and it'd been fantastic), so I purposely booked us a room in this location. What a terrible mistake. Right as we got in the room, we noticed the carpet was badly stained and dirty. The bathrooms were filled with rust and mold. We asked to see another room, which ended up being just as bad. Since my mother was exhausted, and the hotel personnel gave us some questionable attitude about wanting a better room, we gave up and set in to stay. We soon also noticed the bed sheets were stained. All around disgusting. Unfortunately, I had paid for our 3 day stay in advance, so that didn't help our case. During those 3 days we did not walk bare footed in the suite because of the carpet and bathroom floors; we had to use bath towels to contain water leakage every time we took a shower; we did not touch the shower walls, and much less the very old dirty moldy shower curtains; we covered the couch with a bed sheet; we bought cheap bed sheets to cover the bed and the floor; etc etc. I tried speaking to management many times, but even though I requested to be contacted through my cell (bc we stayed out of the room for as long as possible during the day), they insisted on calling us on the room phone, leading to more miscommunication with day/evening workers. All I wanted was to gift my mother with a great cool hotel at the end of the first half of our trip (I'd talked it up the whole way there...), but ended up being disgusted, miserable, extremely disappointed, and very embarrassed of those conditions. Oh, and mad as hell at myself for having paid in advance, bc otherwise we would've left after the first night. The Best Western we stayed in for a night on our way back to VA was much better than here... Yes, I get it, hotels in Orlando are mostly "run down" bc it's a tourist town, but I guarantee you I'm not that picky. The lobby is beautiful and imposing, sure, but that's where it ends. Maybe if you're traveling with a bunch of kids, you might not have noticed these issues, or maybe you just stayed in a much better room. This was not my case. I expected the Embassy Suites standard, and got duped. This was my biggest disappointment in my whole hotel staying life. Have been avoiding Hilton hotels ever since.

Stayed May 2013
Jacques B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
I am truly sorry we did not provide you with the stay you envisioned when you made your reservation with us. I would like to speak with you further, so that I can fully understand the issues you had during your stay and take action to correct them. Please contact me anytime at jacques.bouchard@hitlon.com or by phone 407-345-8250
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I've been in the hotel with my family while visiting the Orlando theme parks. I selected this hotel as a family & clean avg priced hotel and that was what we found.
The service was good, excellent personnel, very professional and kind.
Unfortunately the mattresses weren't comfortable, seemed to be old. We were offered to check a new one on a different room but we found it exactly the same.
The room cleaning was good.
The breakfast (free) was awful but we got the surprise that the hotel offered a free cocktail (drinks including beer & wine) every day between 5:30 & 7:30pm.
The hotel location is excellent, just meters from Int'l Dr. & W. Sand Lake Rd.
We needed to print some theme park vouchers and found that the hotel has a computers room with printers for free!
The wifi service is awful, it's sponsored by AT&T and free but it didn't work most of the time.

Stayed April 2014
Caspe, Spain
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed for a conference second week of. April 2014. Excellent. Location. Wonderful and very helpful staff Fernando at the. Reception Desk was great. And the Manager Beverly went far beyond her duty to make my stay memorable. This hotel has excellent location. Lots of nearby places to eat and entertain about 15 minutes from Pointe. Orlando on foot. And about 1.1 miles from the. Orlando convention center room was. Clean and lots of amenities the. Breakfast was well laid out and lots of. Room even for big groups made to order Eggs. And. Omelette and in the evening the Happy hour was the best two hours of the day after a long day to sit and enjoy visiting people and unwind. Great place would recommend without reservation. Thank you for a great stay and wonderful. Hospitality. K Patel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Would never stay in embassy suites again. Management would not help or return my money. Took over two hours for the service workers to come to our room to fix the a/c, fix the tv, and figure put on the hot water. Bathroom was very dirty and old tissues in it. Only one elevator worked throughout duration of my stay, during which a cheerleading competition was being held. The employees told us the stairs were outside of the building. Just don't waste your money.

• Stayed August 2013
I believe you have the wrong property, we have not had any of our 3 elevators out of service for any period of time in recent memory.
West Palm Beach, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Very comfortable, attractive setting and very convenient to parks, Downtown Disney, eateries and entertainment. Easy to find and close to I-4 and Turnpike. The buffet breakfast is quick and plentiful. The early evening Happy Hour starts at 5:30 and a great way to relax.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple