“Fine, Handled Crowds Well”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive I Drive 360
Ranked #103 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 22, 2008

Fine Hotel, Just what one expects from an Embassy Suites. The hotel was packed - Spring Break, but they handled it fine. This is most evident at breakfast, they hustle to serve everyone.

The Uno Pizza next door delivered carryout to our room no hassle and fast. Close to Seaworld.

We had a family of 5 in a room with 2 doubles and a sofa bed. Two nights was fine. Much more and it may have begun to seem crowded.

We'd go back for a short stay.

if you are looking for resort quality and atmosphere this is probably not the place, but for a reasonable priced "bigger" room it is fine.

1  Thank PAtrip

Reviewed May 2, 2008

Nice looking rooms, clean, good for small families, good location, rooms could be bigger.

Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed April 23, 2008

My wife and I spent a day at this hotel. Must admit building is impressive, spacious rooms, fabulous breakfast but staff are so rude. You do not want to pay that kind if money and be amidst such indifferent front desk staff. They could n't care less. We kept thinking it was just the ones that checked us in gosh we received the same treatment while check out. But overall, it you do not mind spending $170 a night and having to deal with such unpleasant front desk people, place is great.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kuupss
Reviewed April 21, 2008

We stayed on the 4th floor of this hotel, it was a fun experience for all of us, including our 5 & 7 year old boys. The hotel is unique in that the interior looks out into the center of the building, with fountains and clear elevators, view of bar and breakfast area. The breakfast was buffet style and quite good, many options, good coffee, fresh fruit and pastries as well as an omelet station. Every evening there was a happy hour or managers reception with a variety of drinks and snacks, we all enjoyed this.
We stayed for 2 nights and that was about right for our family, it would have been disappointing to stay longer as the pool area was small and cold!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Therese D
Reviewed April 21, 2008

When we arrived at the Embassy the front desk was dealing with two high maintenance women that were being picky on where to have dinner, but the one of the desk people realized that we were waiting and she came right over to help us. The front desk people are very friendly and try to help with questions about the area. I have stayed on International Drive before and it is easy to get around and tons of places to eat (even in walking distance). We requested a room on the highest floor and away from the elevator and they accommodated us.

The room was very spacious, when you walk in you enter the living room area and then walk to the back where the bedroom is located. Two TVs (which is great for families), comfortable bed, mini-frig, wireless internet connection & pull out sofa. The only complaint I have about the room is that the bathroom is tiny. The good thing is that there is a vanity area outside the bathroom (3 sinks, 1 in the living room). Our room had a King Size bed, but I do think they have rooms with 2 doubles (or queens). Our room would have slept a family of four (two small children). If you have teens I would suggest getting the two beds.

Breakfast was great! Nice breakfast buffet with an omelet bar. The have a guest service along with an Avis car rental on site. They have a store that sells bathing suits and other goodies. We only used the pool for a short time due to loud teenagers that were being supervised by grandparents. Other people left the area too. Pool starts on the inside and you can swim to the outside pool. Nice Jacuzzi (great after a day at one of the parks).

The Embassy also has FREE shuttle service to Sea World and Universal Studios. I think they had two departure times in the morning and they stop at 2 other hotels. They only had 1 pickup service at Sea World, but that was ok for us because we took the Trolley that goes up and down International Drive. It is $1 for a one-way ride or $3 for 24 hours. I do not know if the trolley goes to Universal Studios. I would just talk to the guest service people (but they close around 3, well they did when we were there).

The hotel has a giant waterfall that you can hear when you are sitting in the living room, but that is to drown out the sound coming from people. We did not get to the bar because we just had cocktails in our room.

I would stay here again (next time we are doing Universal Studios). I like the convenience of the shuttle service to some of the parks and the comfortable rooms. Walking distance for plenty of great restaurants, I would highly recommend Charles Steak House (but it is pricey and you need reservations). The trolley stop is close too!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ScubaCF
Reviewed April 17, 2008

We (me & my 12 year old son) arrived on 03-24 & our room was ready early, as I requested. The rooms at this hotel are smaller than the usual Embassy Suites' rooms (it is a former office building), but still plenty big for 4 or less occupants. The bathroom was dirtier than I like (hair), but nothing to notify housekeeping about. On 03-25, we arrived for breakfast (7:45 AM) to find a short line. Unfortunately, the young lady who was working the first half of the buffet was not very "sharp". It took entirely too long to get our food. I watched the line get very long as we sat & ate, due to the same young lady. On 03-26, I checked my bill as we were leaving. I had made 2 long distance phone calls during our stay. According to the telephone rate card in our room, I was supposed to be charged approximately $5.00. I was actually charged over $10.00. I spoke to another not very "sharp" young lady at the front desk, & determined there were several hidden telephone charges not listed on the rate card in the room. The young lady couldn't explain (honestly) why I was being charged the extra money. She consulted her manager who removed the hidden charges.
The 3 previous times we stayed here it was flawless. I'm not going to eliminate this hotel from my list because of one bad experience. One more & I will. Lastly, this hotel is very close to Universal Studios & Seaworld, somewhat close to Disney.

1  Thank rocketsdad
Reviewed April 16, 2008

We came here due to being let down by another hotel in the area and boy were we glad! I walked in off the street at 9am, having left a $300 per night (One Night, no Breakfast), explained to the very helpful girl on reception what had occured over the last 12 hours, She gave me a Government rate room (UK Military take note) and told me and the family to help ourselves to the cooked buffet breakfast there and then, even though we couldn't check-in till 4:00pm. Very helpful and it continued from there

1: The Customer Service was excellent, very informative about the area, keen to please.

2: The Suites were spacious & clean

3: Happy hour at the bar - The drinks are always free in Embassy from1730 -1930, but here the mood was really good and very good selection of popular drinks on offer, also throughout the weekend.

4: Breakfast included in price was excellent, and everything you wanted is there.

5: Location was good, close to Seaworld, Discovery Cove and Wet and Wild, lots of good restaurants in walking distance.

6: Pool was a little small, but to be honest the amount of time you spend out and about in Orlando, you only get time for a quick dip, so not a problem for us.

7: The Gym was of good quality for a hotel and none too busy.

I use Embassy suites through work and really recommend them to everyone, the use of a suite instead of just a hotel room is something that will not make you want to go back to just one plane old/new room etc. British Travellers take note, these are very very good value for money

2  Thank Well-Travelled-Clan