“Disappointed for an Embassy Hotel!!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive I Drive 360
Ranked #101 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Let me start by saying that the location was great, lots of traffic but close to everything including Universal. Lots of parking yet it had some dark spots but nothing out of the ordinary or that made us feel unsafe. Upon entering the hotel there was only one person manhandling the front desk, this person was on the phone for a good 5-10mns, most likely with another and never took the time to excuse himself or even ask us to give him a few. We were just standing there.
When we finally got to the room our keys didn't work so we had to go downstairs to get them reprogrammed, when we returned to the room only one of the keys was working, at that point we just decided to let it be. The room was spacious for our group of 5, it had one bedroom with 2 double beds and a living room with a sofa bed. When I started setting up the sofa bed I noticed that we didn't have enough sheets and pillows, to top it off the sofa bed was broken and was being held together to the frame with tie wraps. I've been to many hotels upscale and not and this is the first time I see a sofa bed being held together with tie wraps which of course would give out once you laid down. We called the reception desk twice before they sent us a handyman, this was 30-45 mns later. Once the handyman arrived he was very helpful and replaced all tie wraps with metal hooks to ensure the bed had enough support. We didn't have enough towels for our party but I always carry extras just in case. What really disappointed me is the fact that I paid $160 per the one night and not once did a supervisor or a manager offered an apology or even called to make sure that everyhing was taken care off. I've been to several Embassy hotels due to the nature of my job and this hotel gives the Embassy Hotel Chain a bad name. On a positive note their breakfast service was very good, hot plates made to order and a varied selection of cereals, fruits, and options for omelettes and pastries. Unfortunately they were slow to clean up the tables, so one had to resort to cleaning up the tables with napkins.
I could get over the fact that the rooms are somewhat dated and that things break but what I will never get over is the lack of customer service. Its very disappointing that your handyman has to apologize on your behalf when issues arise. I hope that that this review helps the hotel's management in correcting some of the issues previously mentioned.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on the second floor are larger and quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,791)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I spent Easter weekend at the Embassy and it could not have been nicer. The made to order breakfast was exceptional and the evening reception was a real treat where you can meet and greet fellow travelers and unwind from a long day. The reception was between the hours of 5:30-7:30 which was very convenient. The suites are comfortable and spacious. using the free wifi was a snap. The only room for improvement was the small size of bathroom and the draining of the tub was slow. However, it was workable and the bathroom size was a trade off for the size of suite, which included a safe, refrigerator, microwave and 2 flat screen tv's. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Everything was very clean. The staff was very polite, helpful and knowledgeable. Location was in walking distance to restaurants and the trolley, which only costs $.25 for seniors per ride. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a two week stay over Easter 2013, great location and very good service. Getting outdated but.. for the price a great deal. Booked a corner suite which was very spacious, great free cooked to order breakfast each day which saved a fortune on eating out (although the lines could get long!), plus the managers reception between 5.30pm and 7.30pm was great. Very friendly staff, overall an impressive 2 week stay and would certainly book again.

Room Tip: pay extra for a corner suite if with family
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been traveling to Orlando for over 10 years on business and this is my favorite hotel in the area near the convention center. I am a Hilton Gold member so I am used to the personalized note of greeting and a few free snacks in my room on check in. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have always provided good recommendations for local places to eat. The free breakfast is spectacular and the free happy hour a great way to de-stress after a long day of work. The friendly bartenders are a highlight of my visits to Orlando. The property has been updated some recently. Over the years there have been rare issues but the staff has been very responsive to anything that is not quite perfect. If you are a business traveller this is the place to stay.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We loved staying at Embassy Suites Hotel on International Drive/Jamaican Court. The staff made you feel like family. Everyone was so nice. Anything we needed was immediately taken care of. Loved the sound of the water. It's an older hotel, but it has so much space and such a relaxing atmosphere. I'd stay here anytime I visit Orlando in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank keyann
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked our reservation 6 months previous to our arrival based on recommendations. We walked in to find the hotel lobby with overflowing garbage, Elevator to our room had a pungent odor, sofa in room sagging and faded, mattress thin, soft, and cheap, ( would not be able to sleep on) overlooking busy ugly street. Pool poor, exercise room bad. Went to front desk to request a room with a better mattress and was told they are all the same and hotel was to have a renovation this year. I thought renovation was about 5 years past due. Left hotel and took a gamble with family in tow to find another place to spend our holiday, ended up at the Hilton Downtown for less money, no comparison and beautiful

3  Thank Mashe09
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here for ten days for a last minute trip to Orlando. Having never been, we planned to visit all of the parks and several beaches and so we were really just looking for a clean, friendly hotel to come back to after long days out.

We were really impressed. Staff were very friendly and welcoming, we asked to change rooms on the first day (to swap two doubles for a king size bed) and it was done within a few hours and no issues. Always a smile and a hello when we walked past and nothing seemed too much trouble. The rooms were clean and spacious, with towels changed daily (although we would have been happy to keep them for a few days at a time if the option was there), and the room cleaned each day.

Free breakfast each morning was great, especially as it was one less thing to think about before long days. Queues were huge around 9 onwards but the staff were always courteous and plenty of seats so its didn't bother us - there was even a second serving station on the opposite side that served most of what was on offer but for some reason people just didnt want to go that way! Food was plentiful and hot with no complaints about the quality. Free wifi was also provided which is a big bonus in my eyes, epecially when planning trips. The free shuttle provided to the parks was also a big help - a must for those that are planning on visiting the parks. Free drinks in the bar between 530-730 were a big bonus, and it was nice to be able to come back and relax after a long day or take drinks to the room - even the reception staff would remind us if we ever came back during happy hour!

All in all, I have no complaints with the hotel. Its not a five star but its never claimed to be and the service levels are high, rooms clean and the location on International Drive ideal. For the price we paid, and the service we received, we were more than happy with our choice of stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road, one side of the hotel overlooks a busy highway which we foun...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple