Let me start by saying that the location was great, lots of traffic but close to everything including Universal. Lots of parking yet it had some dark spots but nothing out of the ordinary or that made us feel unsafe. Upon entering the hotel there was only one person manhandling the front desk, this person was on the phone for a good 5-10mns, most likely with another and never took the time to excuse himself or even ask us to give him a few. We were just standing there.
When we finally got to the room our keys didn't work so we had to go downstairs to get them reprogrammed, when we returned to the room only one of the keys was working, at that point we just decided to let it be. The room was spacious for our group of 5, it had one bedroom with 2 double beds and a living room with a sofa bed. When I started setting up the sofa bed I noticed that we didn't have enough sheets and pillows, to top it off the sofa bed was broken and was being held together to the frame with tie wraps. I've been to many hotels upscale and not and this is the first time I see a sofa bed being held together with tie wraps which of course would give out once you laid down. We called the reception desk twice before they sent us a handyman, this was 30-45 mns later. Once the handyman arrived he was very helpful and replaced all tie wraps with metal hooks to ensure the bed had enough support. We didn't have enough towels for our party but I always carry extras just in case. What really disappointed me is the fact that I paid $160 per the one night and not once did a supervisor or a manager offered an apology or even called to make sure that everyhing was taken care off. I've been to several Embassy hotels due to the nature of my job and this hotel gives the Embassy Hotel Chain a bad name. On a positive note their breakfast service was very good, hot plates made to order and a varied selection of cereals, fruits, and options for omelettes and pastries. Unfortunately they were slow to clean up the tables, so one had to resort to cleaning up the tables with napkins.
I could get over the fact that the rooms are somewhat dated and that things break but what I will never get over is the lack of customer service. Its very disappointing that your handyman has to apologize on your behalf when issues arise. I hope that that this review helps the hotel's management in correcting some of the issues previously mentioned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel, steps from International Drive shopping and dining, and near world-famous theme parks. We're less than two miles from Orange County Convention Center, and 20 minutes from Orlando International Airport (MCO). Take the I-Ride Trolley to the convention center or the complimentary shuttle to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, SeaWorld(R) Orlando and Aquatica™, SeaWorld's Waterpark. This hotel near International Drive is an all-suite hotel providing convenient access to local attractions. Stretch out in a spacious two-room suite on the sofa bed in the living area or in the private bedroom. Keep drinks and snacks cool in the refrigerator. This Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive hotel offers a free cooked-to-order breakfast each morning, and beverages and light snacks at the complimentary Evening Reception*. Unwind after a convention center meeting, a day at the theme parks, or shopping along International Drive. Take in the beauty of our open-air atrium by the indoor waterfalls. Host your function at the Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel. Our Executive Boardroom provides meeting space near the convention center and Orlando businesses. Relax in our outdoor pool, exercise in our modern fitness center, and enjoy complimentary WiFi. * Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age. Highlights All-suite hotel near International Drive and Orange County Convention Center Complimentary scheduled theme park transportation to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Wet 'n Wild(R), & Aquatica™, SeaWorld's Waterpark International Drive hotel steps from shopping, dining, and entertainment Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Evening Reception* Complimentary WiFi, outdoor pool, and modern fitness center Perfect Orlando event venue for business meetings, weddings, & more for up to 300 guests What to do around here Our Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel is a proud Universal Orlando(R) Partner Hotel providing complimentary scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and a complimentary Evening Reception*. Drive less than 8 miles to visit Walt Disney World(R) Resort, including: Magic Kingdom(R) Park, Epcot(R), Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Theme Park, and Disney's Hollywood Studios(R). Discover exciting shopping, dining and entertainment steps from our International Drive hotel. In addition, ride the I-Ride Trolley along International Drive, which stops at Orlando's famous outlet malls and the Orange County Convention Center. Other notable attractions include the Mall at Millenia, The Holy Land Experience, and the Amway Arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive I Drive 360 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando
- Embassy Suites Orlando
- Orlando Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Orlando Jamaican Court