Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive I Drive 360
Ranked #103 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while attending a hardware show during the week of Daytona. Found the rate very reasonable in comparison to others taking advantage of the race fans. Also saved at least $120 because of the free breakfast. The breakfast was also excellent with
choices for nearly anyone's preferences. There is also a very good resteraunt (Uno) right across the street from the property along with many other excellent eateries within walking distance. We found the entire staff to be very friendly and extremely helpful for any of our requests. Would strongly recommend this property, and will stay here again if the hardware show is in Orlando again.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed on the 4th floor of the hotel in mid Feb. Most staffs are friendly and the free breakfast is above average. I especially like the 3 really fast elevators, which is important considering this is a fairly large hotel. The noise from I-4 traffic didn't really bother us, it's really quite minimal. If you're looking for a hotel suite with reasonable pricing, this hotel is a pretty good choice. It is however a bit dated and a good makeover would earn a 5 stars rating.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2013

There isn't much good I can say about this hotel. My son and I stayed here for 4 nights in Feb. My room was on the 5th floor, 528. The thermostat in the room did not work and the room was either too cold or too hot. I told the front desk and they did work on it, but it still did not work.

The room's furniture is shabby, frayed, and mismatched. The carpet was stained and dirty. The bathroom needed a good deep cleaning. This hotel is 25 years old and I get that, but still, it needs a major reno on the rooms. They do have flat screen TV's in the rooms, but the signal broke up constantly, especially on CBS. They have no Golf Channel (in a golf resort town ? Really?) The wireless Internet was as expected for a large hotel - slow.

The major complaint I had was with Housekeeping. They never made it on to our floor before 5:00 in the afternoon. Maybe this works for a family that is out all day at the attractions, but I prefer my room be made up before dinner. I was told by one of the bartenders that this is an ongoing problem and they have had hundreds of complaints about it.

If you are planning on staying on your fitness program while staying here, good luck. The two treadmills seemed to work OK, but the elliptical was in need of service, the 35 pound weights were missing, and the multi-purpose machine is missing most of the attachments and the cables were frayed. I was hesitant about loading too much weight onto it.

The cooked-to-order breakfast was very good as was the Manager's reception every night. Those two points made the others somewhat bearable. Still, I doubt that I would stay here again. It's not worth of the Embassy Suites / Hilton brand.

Your milage may vary. Good luck.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm usually quite happy with Embassy Suites, but this one lacked in some areas.

Nice manager's reception with freed drinks in the open air lobby. But I thought that the lobby was way too dark. It felt more like a bar than a hotel lobby. Just a personal preference here.

I got a nice spacious corner room although there really isn't much to look at outside, except busy I-drive or the Interstate. I will say that the location is good for walking to a variety of restaurants along I-drive.

Finally, the room smelled a little old and this is where I think the hotel could spring for some updates.

Overall, a decent place but I'll probably pass on future visits to Orlando.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Staff was friendly, but the iron was below par for use and the requested wake up call for the next morning never came. The pullout bed was quite uncomfortable, but okay for one night. Also, beware that there are TWO Embassy Suites within a mile of each other on I-Drive!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2013

First of all, we are big fans of Embassy Suites and Hilton Hotels in general. I have mixed feelings about this property. I would agree with other reviews finding falt with this hotel. Yes, the rooms are a little dated, but not that bad, and yes the carpets could be cleaned more often. But the staff are great and always helpful and freindly. Little things like using the vaccum cleaner to do the halls, but leave 3/4" of dirt next to the wall. Why not take the head off the hose and go the extra mile maybe once a month and do the edge. The bathroom need updating, our bathtub was chipped and painted around the drain. The caulking around the shower/tub area was sloppiy and had areas of mold near the ceiling. I'm not trying to be too critical because the hotel is a great deal and in a great location, but just a little more cosmetic attention would bring the hotel up to the Hilton/Embassy Suites standard that I have known for years. I hate to say it, but I'm not sure if I'd stay again, not because the hotel is nasty, but because its not up to standards that I expect from Hilton. Lastly, the hotel needs better sound proofing windows, the noise from the air conditioning equipment was heard all night and the bathroom fan could wake up the dead. We were in room 405 the first half of Feb. 2013.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway and air condition equipment!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Conference was at the Orlando Wyndham and for many negative reasons did not stay there but opted for the embassy . Seasoned staff and good bartenders. Good location as it is just off I drive.
The workout room is small with little equipment . A real negative.
Make sure the omelet maker cooks your food otherwise you will end up with raw ingredients

Room Tip: Lower floor and away from elevator
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Carole C, Guest Relations at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive I Drive 360, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear meechigan1, We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We strive to be the best in customer service, although sometimes somethings are out of our control and some within. We are sorry you had a bad experience with the omelets, I am sending the review to our food and beverage manager to take a look at.

We hope you will come stay with us again in the future!!

Carole