“friendly staff, convenient location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court
Ranked #111 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
lansing, new york
“friendly staff, convenient location”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here with our dog for the Eukanuba-AKC championship Dog Show, and we'd definitely come back next year. The staff couldn't be better, the breakfast buffet (cooked-to-order omelets, fruit, muffins, bagels, hash, bacon, sausage, etc.) was great, and there is a happy hour with free drinks and snacks.It is close to many restaurants and just a few minutes from the convention center. The room was clean and comfortable. In short, a good place to stay!

1 Thank sarah t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Of all the Embassy Suites that I have stayed this one has had the most beautiful atrium, happy hou bar and breakfast area. The problem with this hotel was that it smelled like a kennel. Sticky dogs were all over. It was horrifying. As a diamond member I was very unhappy plus I'm allergic to those creatures. They were in the rooms, the common areas, the happy hour and during breakfast. Come on that was disgusting. There should be a limit for everything.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DoctorEd711
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have stayed here many times. The staff is always friendly and go out of their way to make your stay a great experience. They offered a Christmas dinner that was amazing. We will definitely make this the place to stay when in Orlando. Thank you to the staff for making us feel at home.

Room Tip: We have stayed on both sides the rooms on the north side seem to be quieter
Springfield, Ohio, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a truly excellent experience at this Embassy Suites. I generally like the chain anyway, and this one lived up to all of my expectations: Clean room, outstanding breakfast, great reception with drinks and snacks, and very friendly and attentive staff.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Love this place. The staff is super friendly, anytime I was passed by a member of the staff they made sure to say hi and ask how my stay was going. the rooms are comfortable, our room on the 7th floor had a great view of the fireworks from Disney. the christmas dinner offered to us was amazing.
thank you for making this christmas a memorable one.

• Stayed December 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We rented 5 rooms for a trade show recently so I am speaking for all five since I paid the bill. Hilton really needs to spend some money and update this place. I want to say first the staff was friendly and attentive none of us have any complaints regarding them as they are doing the best with what they are given. The rooms were old, with outlets broken, missing hair dryers and irons which we are told we could buy one from them if needed. Who buys an iron at a hotel? The carpet was dirty and needed replaced. We have replaced cleaner carpet in our office than what was in the rooms. The shower had no pressure and were small. I looked in every room we rented and all of them were the same. This is the 2nd Hilton we have stayed at that needs much work. I am questioning myself if we will book another Hilton when you can get newer, cleaner rooms from other business chain hotels for half the price. I am disappointed in Hilton as this is my second poor review of your chain. I said this in my last review you are better than this but the Hilton prestige is fading quickly.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank ScottH040
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed in the Embassy Suites in November 2012 for 15 nights with my wife and my brother in law and his partner. After reading some reviews on here and seeing previous travellers recommend certain rooms, we did just that to ensure we got a better view and also a better chance of a good nights’ sleep.

On the first night, we got a room on the 8th floor that was overlooking the interstate and had a view of Walmart – in the far distance you could even see Epcot and the Tower of Terror at Disney! It was a fantastic view, but the rooms were double, and as we both requested King, we requested to move the day after and the front desk were only too quick and willing to accommodate. We were moved into a King room with a view overlooking the Northern side of the Interstate with a good view of Universal Studios, too. Not bad! I must say that despite the comments I have seen regarding the noise of the interstate, I never once found that to be a problem with regards sleep. The beds were comfortable, the air con was fine, the TV’s were modern, and the fridge was a good size too.

The hotel is in a great location on International Drive, it felt very safe, and there were always staff around no matter what time of day or night it was. We were always welcomed when we returned which was a nice touch.

The free breakfast was really great – it’s served to order, and there’s a good selection of pastries, corned beef hash, hash browns, bacon, sausage, tomato, cheese, toast, and I should reserve special mention here for the male chef who my wife insisted made the best omelette she’d ever had – I should have asked him for his secret! There was a daily special of either French toast or pancakes. The managers’ reception every evening was really welcome after a hard day in the parks or shopping, and there was a decent selection of beers and cocktails. The bar staff Phil, Khalid and Karen were always friendly and chatty.

If I were to have one criticism of the hotel it would be that as the atrium area has windows at the top, when it gets dark early as it tends to do so in the winter, the days suddenly seem very short! There’s little anyone can do about the seasons but it did seem awfully dark a lot of the time.

A special mention to some of the staff who made our stay enjoyable. Dolores at the front desk was an absolute treasure – during my stay I suffered quite a painful injury to my knee and not only did she provide a number of options as regards what we could do, she also seemed genuinely concerned too. David and Derek at the front desk were always extremely helpful and Michael helped us too, and as I’ve already mentioned the bar staff were really great.

The shuttle bus was fine; prompt, and gets you to Universal fairly swiftly. You’re advised to book the morning before and the chap who you have to book with is a real character!

The pool is fine; the Jacuzzi wasn’t really working while we were there but was still fine to dip our feet in after a tough day. The gym didn’t seem to be the greatest but I’m not the world’s biggest gym buff; it seemed to have enough to cater for those who wish to work out while they’re on vacation. The laundry room was fine, although it only had two washers and two dryers so you had to be lucky to get them empty!

We had a wonderful time at the Embassy Suites and the experience has even managed to help me forget I was in agony for half of my time there! If you are travelling to Florida, aren’t on a budget and don’t wish to stay in Disney, there would be one place I recommend that you stay and that would be here. It’s less “touristy” than other hotels in the area but this, I found, is a good thing – I would have no hesitations about staying here again, in fact, if I could, I’d be there right now! Thanks guys for a great trip and keep up the great work.

Please see photos for extra information.

Room Tip: Eighth floor, overlooking the interstate, you won't get a bad view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family