Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court
Ranked #112 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Worcester, MA
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We just stayed for a week at the Embassy Suites Hotel and we really enjoyed it (again). For my husband it was the second or third time that he stayed there on business trips.

This Embassy Suites Hotel is fortunately not located next to a noisy road, the Pirate Cove Adventure minigolf is only a short walk away, Walgreen's is almost next door and Uno and Tony Roma as well, both had great meals. On the opposite side of the road is Ripley's Believe it or not.

The rooms are clean and more important: they are QUIET! There are three doors between the lobby and the bedroom and once you close those two doors inside your suite, you cannot hear any noise from the lobby.

The furniture, paintings, the entire design is lovely. There is a noiseless small refrigerator in the livingroom.
The bathroom has an easy to use shower (big plus) and there were no bed bugs nor linens that were worn out...another plus.
The beds are comfortable with a good mattress. Not too hard, not too soft.

Downstairs is a beautiful breakfast buffet next to some artificial waterfalls and a big water basin, everything is beautifully designed.

My only critic (but that doesn't keep me from giving the Embassy Suites the full 5 star rating): why is the container with the hot oatmeal so hard to access? Every morning when I tried to fill some oatmeal in my bowl, half of the oatmeal ended up in the container, some in my bowl and some on my hand which was desperately trying to hold on to the bowl.
The reason: the big container is located below some kind of plastic board/protection which makes it almost impossible to get a sufficient amount of oatmeal out of the huge container, because between the opening of the oatmeal container and the plastic board there is too little space left to put your hands in-between. So I tried to pull the container closer to me and away from that plastic board which was attached to the wall over the container, however the container was too hot and too heavy to move.
Hopefully somebody from the hotel management will read this and find an easier solution. Some people like their oatmeal without having to fight hard to get it :).

Big praise for the very kind "omelette lady" from Haiti, I had a lovely time chatting with her every morning while she was preparing my omelette. Something to look forward to.

Room Tip: Room #221 is very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Arabic first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I recently went on a business trip to Orlando and stayed at Embassy Suites. I picked Embassy Suites because of previous good experiences I've had with this franchise. My experience with the Orlando location was no different . The rooms and facilities were clean. The front desk staffers were very friendly, courteous, and helpful. (Special thanks to Delores, Greg and Shawn.) Room service orders were very prompt and, for the most part, accurate. The complimentary breakfasts were very good and convenient, as I was sometimes in a rush to get to my appointments. I visited the bar one night during Happy Hour. The bartender was very friendly with whom I had an enjoyable conversation. I ended my stay very happy and satisfied. I highly recommend this hotel location, as well the entire Embassy Suite franchise, which I will continue to frequent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Embassy suites is normally our first choice for family stay because of the spacious rooms, two televisions, and in-house receptions. We visited for a week in November. We had wanted to stay at the Embassy Suites at Lake Buena Vista but it was all booked-up rather early. First, I have to say that the staff at this property were all wonderful. I'm sorry I can't recall the specific names, but they know who they are. The front desk staff, breakfast staff, and the room cleaning staff were all very friendly & helpful. The complementary breakfast is the usual: over-abundance of choices, average-quality, American-fare you can always expect at Embassy Suites; however, the ladies cooking to order definitely kicked it up a notch with their personal touch. Bring a dollar or two down to breakfast to tip these wonderful ladies. The evening reception is always nice & easy for parents to relax whilst the kids hang aound in the atrium or at the pool. One important distinction for this property specifically was that the other guests were predominately business folks attending some event at the nearly convention center. Again, I would have preferred the family atmosphere at the Lake Buena Vista property.

Access to this hotel from the interstate highway is very easy. It's actually located between Disney World and Universal Studios. A huge Wal Mart with mega grocery, wire & beer is only about a mile away. Back to the hotel now, the lobby and atrium area are very nice & clean with a gift shop & free computer access room. Our room was generally very nice with two full beds, pull-out couch, two (32"?) LCD TV's, probably around 30 channels on cable, sink, microwave, refrigerator, & easy access to ice machine. The internet access was free as the staff gave me an access code to login to the wi-fi. The only problem with our room was that I thought the carpet was beyond the possibility of being truly "clean". The carpet was not overly worn, I just got the impression that it needed more frequent steam cleaning. My thought is that the if hotel ownership made an investment in hardwood flooring, the property could achive a "good" rating and be noted for more cleanly rooms. Final rating: Average to Good....just not quite Very Good.

One last tip: There's a great souvenier shop about a half-mile south of this hotel on I-Drive. This place has great prices on Disney souveniers at more than half-off the prices of souveniers inside Disney. Could be helpful if buying shirts etc...for lots of extended family.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RickGracie
shawn s, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Dear RickGracie,

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review at Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words about the helpfulness and friendly attitudes of our staff. We are close to the Orange County Convention Center so we do tend to get a mixture of families and business travel. Thanks to your tip we are looking into more frequent cleaning solutions for our carpets and renovations on the way. We look forward to your next visit and hopefully we can make it 'excellent'.
aberdeen
Reviewed January 2, 2012

after an amazing fortnight in july 2011 at the embassy suites I was extremely surprised! We got the hotel on a very cheap offer for 800 pounds for all four of us We arrived at the embassy suites around 4pm and given our room around 4.20 but thats nothing to complain about as it gave us a chance to have a look around the hotel. firstly the lobby was immaculate, beautifully designed, the toilets were spotless it would be hard to find a speck of dirt. free tampons were available. The swimming pool area was slightly small, however if you are going to parks and so on it isn't a problem. Lovely outside area pool water was very cold though but still nothing at all to complain about. the computer room was for over 18's a slight dissapointment as my children were 13 and 16 however, they went in many times and nothing was said to us. The gym had new equiptment. A small shop was also there. very polite staff. Manager Michelle was very polite and helpful. In our room was a small kitchen area with a microwave, fridge and sink, a coffee maker and coffee/teas with milks and sugar. A small table, a double seater sofa (which also turned into a double sofa bed), a large armchair and a footstool was out living room area, a large flatscreen tv and chester drawers were also there. In the hall between the bedroom and living room was a sink area to our left with a mirror (basic but immaculate) and to our right was the toilet, lovely again and a sink with a mirror which is handy when you have 2 teenagers. The bedroom was simple and basic but all you really need with 2 double beds, a safe, large clothing holder and cupboard with an ironing board and an iron. Also this room had a large flatscreen. plenty of space for a cot or another single bed and lots of storage for everything. We loved the happy hour free drinks from 5-7, also unlimited popcorn and nuts. again the bar staff were lovely and the cleaners were lovely everyone was a delight! next morning we had the breakfast there was a selection of pancakes, scones, cresaunts, bagels with jams, syrups, butter, cream cheese etc, you could have bacon, sausages, eggs everything like that! also you could have an omlet or fried egg, you chose what you wanted and it was fryed up for you, you could choose how cooked you wanted your eggs everything! you couldn't ask for more! porridge was available with a huge selection of cereal amazing for kids aswell. and I am a very fussy person! fresh juice was available and coffee but also fizzy drinks all unlimited! the fizzy drinks were available all day, it looked as thought they weren't as they were in a cupboard however you can just go up and open it and help yourself, no one said anything at all. There was a large conference room aswell. I must say in my whole stay at this hotel i had not one complaint it was lovely and immaculate and everything you could ask for. BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank esreviews
shawn s, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Dear Esreviews, Thank you so much for the glowing response. We really do strive to offer the best possible stay for our guests. From your description of our clean rooms and the helpfulness and positive attitude of our staff we couldn't be more pleased. We look forward to your next Orlando vacation and hope that you choose to stay with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I often stay at Embassy Suites properties when traveling with family. The separate rooms in the suite make it very convenient when three beds are needed. And, the breakfast buffet is also very convenient.

This property is also conveniently located near theme parks, shopping, and restaurants. In fact, we walked across the street to Uno's for dinner one evening. The only downside was the traffic in the area. The International Drive/Sand Lake Road area were near gridlock from early morning to late evening every day.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear TTGA, Thank you for the feedback. We do consider our location very convenient to vacationers due to our close proximity to the theme parks as well as many dining and shopping options. Our suites are designed with families in mind as well as our full cooked to order breakfast.

We're sorry you experienced the heavy traffic in December. The sheer volume of guests was more than any of us anticipated. If we can be of any assistance helping you plan your next family vacation, please do not hesitate to ask.
Ohio
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stayed here at the Embassy Suited November 11-14 before heading down to Sessta Keys Florida. The Hotel was Nice, the staff was Friendly always helpful, Security as in local Police on hand for Night Security. One of the things Their are times you would be sitting down at the Breakfast area in the morning and u hearing i believe it was these two married couple that was working the breakfast area arguing real quietly which is surprised to hear Hotel Breakfast employes arguing about something.

I slept on the Pull out Sofa Bed and i have to say I would never be sleeping on a Bed like that again. Every Morning when I get up my back hurts from sleeping on the pull out sofa bed. I Needed a Blanket and one extra pellow because their was none in the room It took the front desk staff 5 to 10 minutes Just to go to get a Blanket and Pillow for me. I thought he would never bring it out to me.

If your looking for a hotel to get a Good night sleep or for any purpose I would not recommend this Embassy Suites at all.

Room Tip: Don't Sleep on the Pull out bead because your back will hurt
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank LovesToExplore2011
Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We stayed here for two nights. Our room was ample in size, but the furnishings were worn. Carpeting was stained and furniture was worn and in need of replacement or reupolstering. The safe was inoperable and one of the sink drains wasn't connected to the control rod. The last two items wer easily fixable and didn't present a problem for us. Theywere reported to the hotel mgt. Beyond that the staff was both welcoming and courteous. The evening manager's reception provides us with as many complinentary drinks as we wanted. Again the bartender was very pleasant. We stayed two nights and each morning the we were provided with a cooked to order breakfast with all the trimmings. Once again the staff was extremely effecient and pleasant,even though the crowd was very large, (it was Christmas), Coffee was available 24/7. Other then the need for new capreting an furnishings our accomodation was nice. Overall we had a pleasant stay and would return if we needed accomodations in the area.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room that ends with 01. They are corner rooms and are smaller in size.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Almar62
Dear Almar62 Thanks for taking the time to respond. We are currently working on renovations to improve the experience of our guests. Thank you so much for the kind words for our staff. We really do try to go above and beyond as far as customer service and positive feedback only inspires us more. Have a great day.