“Convenient for Family Travel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive I Drive 360
Ranked #97 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I often stay at Embassy Suites properties when traveling with family. The separate rooms in the suite make it very convenient when three beds are needed. And, the breakfast buffet is also very convenient.

This property is also conveniently located near theme parks, shopping, and restaurants. In fact, we walked across the street to Uno's for dinner one evening. The only downside was the traffic in the area. The International Drive/Sand Lake Road area were near gridlock from early morning to late evening every day.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
shawn s, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive I Drive 360, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Dear TTGA, Thank you for the feedback. We do consider our location very convenient to vacationers due to our close proximity to the theme parks as well as many dining and shopping options. Our suites are designed with families in mind as well as our full cooked to order breakfast.

We're sorry you experienced the heavy traffic in December. The sheer volume of guests was more than any of us anticipated. If we can be of any assistance helping you plan your next family vacation, please do not hesitate to ask.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,807)

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stayed here at the Embassy Suited November 11-14 before heading down to Sessta Keys Florida. The Hotel was Nice, the staff was Friendly always helpful, Security as in local Police on hand for Night Security. One of the things Their are times you would be sitting down at the Breakfast area in the morning and u hearing i believe it was these two married couple that was working the breakfast area arguing real quietly which is surprised to hear Hotel Breakfast employes arguing about something.

I slept on the Pull out Sofa Bed and i have to say I would never be sleeping on a Bed like that again. Every Morning when I get up my back hurts from sleeping on the pull out sofa bed. I Needed a Blanket and one extra pellow because their was none in the room It took the front desk staff 5 to 10 minutes Just to go to get a Blanket and Pillow for me. I thought he would never bring it out to me.

If your looking for a hotel to get a Good night sleep or for any purpose I would not recommend this Embassy Suites at all.

Room Tip: Don't Sleep on the Pull out bead because your back will hurt
12  Thank LovesToExplore2011
Reviewed December 26, 2011

We stayed here for two nights. Our room was ample in size, but the furnishings were worn. Carpeting was stained and furniture was worn and in need of replacement or reupolstering. The safe was inoperable and one of the sink drains wasn't connected to the control rod. The last two items wer easily fixable and didn't present a problem for us. Theywere reported to the hotel mgt. Beyond that the staff was both welcoming and courteous. The evening manager's reception provides us with as many complinentary drinks as we wanted. Again the bartender was very pleasant. We stayed two nights and each morning the we were provided with a cooked to order breakfast with all the trimmings. Once again the staff was extremely effecient and pleasant,even though the crowd was very large, (it was Christmas), Coffee was available 24/7. Other then the need for new capreting an furnishings our accomodation was nice. Overall we had a pleasant stay and would return if we needed accomodations in the area.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room that ends with 01. They are corner rooms and are smaller in size.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Almar62

Dear Almar62 Thanks for taking the time to respond. We are currently working on renovations to improve the experience of our guests. Thank you so much for the kind words for our staff. We really do try to go above and beyond as far as customer service and positive feedback only inspires us more. Have a great day.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Generally speaking the suites are small, staying here for two weeks with 2 children means there is little room to move around. I know in Orlando most people are out but the rooms are still small, don't get the king bed suite as its smaller than the Queen. Breakfast is good but busy at peak, so get there early. Pool and gym are functional but nothing special and not heated. Location is the main plus. For a amily vacation you can probably find better.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger
8  Thank OSBinUSA
Reviewed December 20, 2011

First time I have felt compelled to write a bad review online for a hotel. I feel obligated to warn others... so here I am.

This particular embassy suites on Jamaican court just off International drive is the worst embassy suites we have ever stayed at. Bad enough that I cut short my stay and moved to another emabssy suites in the Lake Beuna Vista area of Orlando. I am glad I did that...atleast they only ruined 2 days of my vacation and not the whole week.

I have no idea if Hilton does any quality control of their franchises but this one is bad....mold in the showers, non functioning heater....needed repeated calls to have it looked at....and I was sorry I called the maintenance guy. When he came and opened that AC/Heater unit up, I was in shock....never seen such a filthy device....they don't even use proper air filter pads...no wonder we were coughing those 2 nights. Room service staff doesn't replace simple things like coffee in the room.

They did not hassle me about checking out early, so I would give them credit for not harrassing me about cutting short my stay with them.

Room Tip: Find another Embassy suites...the one in Lake Beuna Vista is closer to Disney, and far better.
32  Thank ljaganna

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. As a business we strive to put the best product out there. We are sorry for the problems you experienced during your stay but we can assure you that this experience should not be considered the Embassy Suites standard.

We've implemented new training programs for housekeeping and maintenance. Our filter pads are now all standard and room supplies are checked and re-checked.

We always strive to give our guests the most enjoyable experience that they can have and we sincerely apologize that we came up short.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

My family and I just finished up a one night stay at the Embassy Suites at Jamaican Court on the weekend before Thanksgiving. It was one of the worst nights that I have ever had at a Hilton property. I stay at Hilton properties because I am familiar with the quality of Hilton properties and usually have a good experience. The night at this hotel was a little unusual in that the amount of noise in this hotel was unbearable. There was a group with tricked out automobiles that were staying at the Embassy Suites that night. They enjoyed playing their loud music in the fire lane past 1 am. When I got up in the morning they were still parked in the check in area which is a clear violation of the fire code. I mentioned this to the checkout person this morning to no avail.

I complained several times, but ultimately the music (think pounding bass) would come back.The loitering and loud noise that night should not have been tolerated. I think from a safety perspective the management should be concerned as the fire department would not have been able to get close to the building in the event of a fire. See attached pictures.

When I went to check out in the morning I asked for a manager to complain to and was handed a standard complaint form. When I pushed harder I was handed a business card with the manager's name, Mr. Damien Takx. I sent a note to him with the information in this report and was never contacted.

This is one Hilton Gold member that will not be visiting this property in the future.

One positive note-The breakfast was great.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
27  Thank shaniz1
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This was my second stay at this hotel...once again, I was not disappointed other than the toilet overflowing upon initial use, but a call to maintenance was answered promptly and courteously. Quiet hotel along International Drive but close to everything I wanted to go to.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo