“Noisy, worn rooms. Lots of Freeway noise. Incompetent front desk”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court
Ranked #113 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Brooklyn, New York
“Noisy, worn rooms. Lots of Freeway noise. Incompetent front desk”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I think my title says it all.

Room was worn with a constant barrage of freeway noise. Tub didn't drain. Streaks of unknown provenance on walls.

Tried to switch rooms for nite #2. Front desk was much less than accomodating. Said I wanted to be away from the highway. They gave me keys to 3 rooms that were no better than the first. Only when I said I was going to check out instead did they finally give me a quieter room.

Hotel did not recognize my HHonors status. Also, they did not respond to my concerns when voiced in an email after my stay.

I will not be staying there again, and urge you not to as well.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank TicTaco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Arabic first
Seattle
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stay at Embassy Suites when on vacation because I know I get the free breakfast and cocktail hour, which is great when you are with other couples. One day we hung out at the pool (which was very cold water) and ordered room service for food and drinks. I almost think that housekeeping is on a minimal budget. I am a Hilton Diamond member and the policy is to have members room ready by 2pm, plus I asked for early check in. Room not ready til 3pm and the next day I had to call housekeeping at 4pm to ask them to clean the room because we needed to shower for dinner and had no towels. They also did not replace in room coffee packs each day (the good news is I could walk downstair to lobby where there was always coffee); and didn't give us shampoo each day. I started leaving a note with the tip, but ..maybe they couldn't read the note. There are a lot of stores and restaurants in walking distance. Universal Studios is only a 15 minute drive and a shuttle also stops at hotel. 20 plus minute drive to Disney. Our friends had room on freeway side with window that didn't close tight and they had trouble sleeping until they bought ear plugs. Key- request room not facing freeway.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Athens, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2011

This Embassy could really be a great place but the management is not minding the store. Issues:
1. Towels not stocked - came back to the room on night 1 to find the room made but not a single towel or washcloth. I'm sorry but this is a basic hotel item - really bad.
2. Safe was broken despite 3 visits from maintenance.
3. Breakfast varied wildly - first day great, reamining days runny eggs were the norm and the yogurt never appeared again. Also the tray runner has an incline - must be costing them a lot of plates (I broke one and saw 2 more breaks at the same spot later in the stay).
4. Shuttle to Universal really bad- they use a service that put them on the same route as the largest Econolodge in the US (featured in Undercover boss) which completely overcrowds the bus.
5. Ticket agent - they charge more for the tickets than Universal does online.
6. Management attitude - manager never responded to my message after the towel incident.

I'd really recommend looking at other hotels.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2011

First time at an Embassy. Really enjoyed the delicious comp. breakfast and manager's reception. Stayed for two nights with two teenagers. The room was nice and spacious as well. Liked the extra sink area and living area space with wet bar. We brought take-out food back to room for dinner from restaurant across street and enjoyed it there for very reasonable price. S taff was very friendly and accomodating. Especially the man cooking the omlets and the bartender, Phil. Only complaints would be the pool was not heated (February!) and it could get a little noisy with the noise coming up from the bar area, but the way the rooms a designed, with beds back away from the hall, you couldn't hear it while sleeping. We had a great time!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank funinthesun4we4
Naples, FL
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stayed here 2/19 for a short trip to see a friend. We have stayed Embassy Suites in the past, but this was a new location for us. Overall, it was a good place to stay with friendly service and the perks that always come with Embassy hotels.

Pros: rooms are spacious and gives a family more space, manager's reception is always a treat, complimentary breakfast helps cut costs, location on International made it relatively central

Cons: breakfast area was small, breakfast food offered seemed less than other Embassy Suites we have been to, location on International was relatively good but there were few major restaurants in walking distance, pool was small and not heated enough for our Floridian blood

We would likely stay at a different Embassy Suites in Orlando in the future, but this was still a good value.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nessz79
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I was pretty disappointed with this Embassy Suites. The rooms are old and showing wear which usually doesn't bother me but overall the room just felt dirty. Perhaps it was the sea of children's greasy fingerprints covering the inside of the door that put me off.

Breakfast was far less than I expected based on stays at other Embassy Suites - not sure how you can mess up eggs but this one has that mastered. Happy Hour had some decent house wines but snacks were pretty much popcorn and pretzels.

There are several restaurants within walking distance and it's a good location near the convention center but I wouldn't look to stay here given a choice to try a different hotel on I-Drive.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NapaWineLover
Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Had a wonderful stay at this lovely hotel. The staff was caring, attentive, kind and showed amazing customer service. I was greeted and asked if everything was alright from every staff member I passed. They held doors, clicked buttons on the elevator and showed they really cared that my stay was perfect. I left an item on the bus and the front desk clerk went over and above to get them on the phone for me. I had my property returned. It was a wonderful stay and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business