“Acceptable for one night”

Quality Inn Orlando Airport
Ranked #288 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Vero Beach, Florida, United States
“Acceptable for one night”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We chose this hotel because they offered free parking for over 7 days. The hotel is dated. Most important information is that there are two floors and no elevators. Our room was newly painted but dark colors. Large space with microwave and fridge. Clean. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The free airport shuttle was on time. The complimentary Continental breakfast begins 5 or 5:30am which is wonderful when you have an early flight.

Room Tip: If you have any kind of physical issues with climbing stairs, book a ground floor room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz_H_13_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
San Diego, CA / Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Essentially does what is expected for an in-transit airport-area motel: provides a clean, inexpensive place to spend a night before departing from or after arriving at Orlando airport. (Note the "inexpensive" as a qualifier here.) Older establishment, with worn furnishings, and minor maintenance issues, but room was clean, quiet, and comfortable enough for a night. Strong, free wi-fi. Plenty of parking. Well below average breakfast. Beware of any “add-on” fees at checkout. Bottom line: The low room prices (with careful shopping among various rate options) make the facility adequate for one night – though probably not much longer than that.

Room Tip: Don't believe what the web site says about every room being a "mini-suite". Some appar...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2013

While this is a larger, older motel, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and it delivers good value overall for the price.

My room was large and set up in a single room "mini-suite" format, with a living area in the front and the sleeping area to the rear. The furnishings are a bit dated and some of them did show some signs of wear, but the room, carpet, and bathroom were all very clean, and the bed was comfortable. Included was an ample sized work desk, with a single outlet within convenient reach, a flat screen TV, and a sofa with a coffee table. Plenty of parking is available right outside the door.

My check-in and check-out were both handled by the same person, as I had arrived quite late (after midnight) and checked out quite early (5:00am). These were handled efficiently and cordially, and the person who assisted me was helpful.

There is a complementary breakfast in the lobby, and while I, myself, didn't eat, it appeared to have a good variety of choices, including make-your-own waffles. Complementary USA Today newspapers were offered at the front desk.

The hotel is about 10 minutes from the Orlando Airport, and at this present time, there is some highway construction nearby that requires a detour from the normal route. The detour is well sign-posted and did not add any appreciable drive time to get to the airport.

This is not a fancy hotel, but it is comfortable and clean, the service was good, and the price was right. Various discounts are available at the brand website, and Choice Hotels offers frequent promotions where even infrequent travelers can earn free night stays.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank step12dude
gwendysuethurman, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Airport in Orlando, we are so pleased that you chose us over the thousand of options you have in the Orlando area. I am glad you enjoyed our Complimentary Breakfast, clean rooms and Friendly staff in addition to our free 24 hour Airport Shuttle. thanks you again for staying at the Quality Inn Orlando Airport.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Clean and cousy, very big rooms perfectly accommodated. There is nothing you might need in the room that you won t have.High speed WiFi, nice pool, ice machine, shuttle from the airport.
Very friendly staff at reception desk, very friendly hotel manager. They even fixed my suitcase!
Few complaints about housekeeping staff and shuttle time to arrive at the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mv_andreoty
Clute, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I used to stay as much as I could at Choice Hotels to earn point but recently I have had some really bad experiences. Most of the outdoor lighting was out. This was a well used hotel room. The bed was awful. The tub looked dirty. There were noisy people near us who spent a lot of time outside. Glad we were only there for one night.

Room Tip: Do not go here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times and found this hotel to be clean and comfortable. They have an airport shuttle free wireless and free hot breakfast. "Lulu" at the front desk is fast and efficient. I feel like an old friend when checking in and she always has a quick answer for all my questions. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Fruitland Park, FL
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Let me start by saying I am a LOYAL Choice hotels customer and I have used them all over the country. I choice this hotel frankly on an accident, meant to book a different one but in a rush I booked this one. BOY WILL I BE MORE CAREFUL FROM NOW ON!!

THIS WAS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN!! The whole place needs to be gutted and done over. The rug was so dirty and gross. NO way I was going to walk bare foot! The tub was so gross I considered not even using it! The room SMELLED!! It was a non smoking room but I think I almost think smoking might have smelled better!!! My kids were disgusted with the whole thing, which is a sad state of affairs if your kids complain!!

The bed was like sleeping on a bunch of lumpy bricks. I for sure checked for bed bugs. I didn't see any but, I'll let you know.......

The breakfast area is WAY to small and the whole think was sketchy. I fought my way to get a small bagel and got the hell out. Was not worth the fight!

The rating terrible is a gift believe me!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family