“Older But Comfortable. Good Value For The Price”

Quality Inn Orlando Airport
Ranked #288 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Rowlett, Texas
“Older But Comfortable. Good Value For The Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

While this is a larger, older motel, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and it delivers good value overall for the price.

My room was large and set up in a single room "mini-suite" format, with a living area in the front and the sleeping area to the rear. The furnishings are a bit dated and some of them did show some signs of wear, but the room, carpet, and bathroom were all very clean, and the bed was comfortable. Included was an ample sized work desk, with a single outlet within convenient reach, a flat screen TV, and a sofa with a coffee table. Plenty of parking is available right outside the door.

My check-in and check-out were both handled by the same person, as I had arrived quite late (after midnight) and checked out quite early (5:00am). These were handled efficiently and cordially, and the person who assisted me was helpful.

There is a complementary breakfast in the lobby, and while I, myself, didn't eat, it appeared to have a good variety of choices, including make-your-own waffles. Complementary USA Today newspapers were offered at the front desk.

The hotel is about 10 minutes from the Orlando Airport, and at this present time, there is some highway construction nearby that requires a detour from the normal route. The detour is well sign-posted and did not add any appreciable drive time to get to the airport.

This is not a fancy hotel, but it is comfortable and clean, the service was good, and the price was right. Various discounts are available at the brand website, and Choice Hotels offers frequent promotions where even infrequent travelers can earn free night stays.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank step12dude
gwendysuethurman, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Airport in Orlando, we are so pleased that you chose us over the thousand of options you have in the Orlando area. I am glad you enjoyed our Complimentary Breakfast, clean rooms and Friendly staff in addition to our free 24 hour Airport Shuttle. thanks you again for staying at the Quality Inn Orlando Airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Clean and cousy, very big rooms perfectly accommodated. There is nothing you might need in the room that you won t have.High speed WiFi, nice pool, ice machine, shuttle from the airport.
Very friendly staff at reception desk, very friendly hotel manager. They even fixed my suitcase!
Few complaints about housekeeping staff and shuttle time to arrive at the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mv_andreoty
Clute, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I used to stay as much as I could at Choice Hotels to earn point but recently I have had some really bad experiences. Most of the outdoor lighting was out. This was a well used hotel room. The bed was awful. The tub looked dirty. There were noisy people near us who spent a lot of time outside. Glad we were only there for one night.

Room Tip: Do not go here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times and found this hotel to be clean and comfortable. They have an airport shuttle free wireless and free hot breakfast. "Lulu" at the front desk is fast and efficient. I feel like an old friend when checking in and she always has a quick answer for all my questions. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Fruitland Park, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Let me start by saying I am a LOYAL Choice hotels customer and I have used them all over the country. I choice this hotel frankly on an accident, meant to book a different one but in a rush I booked this one. BOY WILL I BE MORE CAREFUL FROM NOW ON!!

THIS WAS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN!! The whole place needs to be gutted and done over. The rug was so dirty and gross. NO way I was going to walk bare foot! The tub was so gross I considered not even using it! The room SMELLED!! It was a non smoking room but I think I almost think smoking might have smelled better!!! My kids were disgusted with the whole thing, which is a sad state of affairs if your kids complain!!

The bed was like sleeping on a bunch of lumpy bricks. I for sure checked for bed bugs. I didn't see any but, I'll let you know.......

The breakfast area is WAY to small and the whole think was sketchy. I fought my way to get a small bagel and got the hell out. Was not worth the fight!

The rating terrible is a gift believe me!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Myeighthnote
Canberra
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were only staying here one night as we were off on a cruise the next day. When we arrived at the airport we called the hotel and they offered to send the shuttle. It took a long time to arrive but it was nice of them to do that for free.

The lady working at night at the check in desk was very friendly and helpful. We got our room which was a good size and clean. It was late but we ordered food delivery recommended by the hotel. They were easily able to find us.

Our main complaint was the shower in the morning. We tried to pull, twist and turn the shower knob but no water came out. We called the front desk and they said that there was a problem with the water and that they were looking into it. It should be fixed in about 5 minutes. We waited and tried the shower again. Still didn't work.

We waited for over 15mins and knew we had to leave soon. So I called up the front desk again. The lady at the desk said it had all been fixed and had we pulled out the handle. She wasn't very polite and I felt that she should have called us back letting us know it had been fixed. That would have been better customer service. Eventually we got the shower working which made me happy and we were able to get the shuttle back to the airport to get our rental car.

We really liked the night staff they were very friendly and polite. The location was convenient and the price was cheap but I might consider other hotels as well in the future if we go to Orlando again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Carpet was dirty and there were mushrooms growing in the carpet near the noisy room air conditioner. We had a sofa bed but when we arrived at midnight, there were no sheets and we couldn't get anyone to bring us any and they didn't have them at the desk. Thankfully we checked in at midnight and out by 6:30am. I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family