“Lowered My Expectations”

Quality Inn Orlando Airport
Ranked #289 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 3, 2013

...and was still disappointed. Fees for "complimentary" services effectively doubled our rate, though at least we wren't charged extra for the bugs in the towels. Essentially, upon checking out, my wife and I said at the same time, "We're never staying here again."

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rhl1
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Orlando Airport

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My families flight was cancelled, so the Orlando Airport gave us discount vouchers for the participating hotels. We ended up staying here and the entire experience has been awful. First things first, they lied about discounting the room. The woman at the front desk said they gave the room to us at a cheaper price, which I later found out was not true after checking their website. I had a problem with the vending machine and she made me give her another dollar for the fountain sodas. When I got the drink, the woman put her entire hand over my straw. It was repulsive. They have been very understanding and overall made the end of my vacation miserable. Seriously, never stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Vaycaywoo
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The airline we were flying canceled our flight and put us up in a hotel. Long story short, we, among many other customers, were placed at the Quality Inn without any reservations. This hotel was NOT notified by the airlines that they were sending us over nor confirmed whether there were any available rooms. When we arrived at the hotel via hotel shuttle (who was literally working overtime going back and forth from the airport picking all of us up), the ladies handled the rush efficiently and expeditiously! It was 6/12/13 around 11:00 pm, I don't remember the two employees' names, but KUDOS to the both of them!!! You don't hear much about the Quality Inn, but when you receive OUTSTANDING customer service, especially under the circumstances they were dealing with, it says alot about the hotel. I cannot express enough how awesome they were in trying to accommodate as many of us as possible. They coordinated shuttle service back to the airport amazingly well also, considering the # of travelers they were handling. The staff was 5 star-hotel quality and the room was clean!!

Brenda C

1  Thank Brenda C
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our family of five was originally scheduled to stay here for one night. Our flight was delayed, and as a result we did not arrive in Orlando until 12:30 AM. It was a great relief to be able to simply pick up the phone at the terminal and call for the airport shuttle, with no hassle at all. When we arrived at the Quality Inn, we got to the room and noticed that our A/C unit was not working. When we went and told the people at the front desk, who immediately tried to fix the unit themselves. When this didn't work, they changed our room without us even having to ask. They also even brought us some baked goods, fruit and yogurt a few minutes later (for free), noting that we "must have had a really long travel day". The room was actually quite clean, and the beds were reasonably comfortable (the cushions on the sofabed were a little ripped, but nothing too major). The hot continental breakfast was fairly typical for a Quality Inn - it included yogurt, fruit, danishes/bagels/muffins, scrambled eggs, and a waffle maker.

Overall:

Pros: Airport shuttle available 24/7; very nice, accommodating staff who went above and beyond what I had expected from them; comfortable, clean rooms.

Cons: The road layout makes getting to and from this location somewhat complicated (especially if you want to avoid the $1.25 toll to use a 1/2 mile stretch of highway) despite being quite close to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Omar K
Reviewed June 9, 2013

i travelled to Orlando to take my family to the theme parks, I did not expect to spend more than a couple of days in Orlando, however, due to the storms my family and I was forced to stay at a hotel. Driving along 528 I came across Quality Inn, Upon entering the establishment, it was clean and the staff was really friendly and courteous. My nights experience was great, clean room, free wifi and most of all free breakfast. My family and I will return. Thanks guys.

2  Thank Brittnay M
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on the front and back end of a trip to Puerto Rico when flying in and out of Orlando which included arriving late at night and flying out very early in the morning. The great thing is they have an airport shuttle 24/7 and are located fairly close to the airport. The accommodations are more than adequate with clean spacious rooms and flat screen tv's. It was also very quiet when we stayed there. The breakfast furnished met our needs including selections for the health conscious and a more hearty version. In the evenings there's also dinner salads, fresh deli sandwiches and pizza available along with a mini bar. Front desk staff was also friendly and helpful. We'd definitely stay here again if/when flying into or out of Orlando.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank durf1
Reviewed April 11, 2013

When checking in I was asked for a credit card for Incidentals. I told her that I was not order anything or buy anything, But she insisted order to check in that I give her a credit card and that nothing would be billed to the card. This morning when I checked my credit card bank statement, the exact amount on there that was billed to my credit card and there was the same amount was built to Corporate Lodging card. When I checked out this morning they would not give me a receipt because it was on the Corporate Lodging card, I called Corporate Lodging and on the speakerphone they said it was okay to have a receipt she still denied a receipt. This hotel also has a ATM machine in the lobby that works on a billable rate the more you take out the more The ATM charges. I have informed Quality Inn Corporate office of this matter and my disappointment.
This will be the last time I Stay there.

Room Tip: Invest in some better towels washcloths and mattresses.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo