“FRAUD!! SCAM!!!”

SUNSOL International Drive
Ranked #171 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I booked a three night stay at this hotel over two months ago (which I paid in full at time of booking). Unfortunately due to weather our flight was canceled, so we couldn't stay the first night. I called the hotel that morning to inform them we would not be there that night due to the snow storm. Erica Informed me it wouldn't be a issue, but to call back in 1 hr to speak with the manager. After several calls, including leaving my number I never heard from any manager!
The following day we arrive to book in and the hotel (Isabella) informs me, my room had been rebooked, the hotel is full and I CANNOT get my money back for the 3 nights I ALREADY paid for!

I asked to speak to the manager and "Isabella" informs me she is the manager. While I'm standing right there she is speaking Spanish to the other lady that is working there (which I find very rude) ... I also speak little broken Spanish and what she "thought" I didn't understand was very rude and unprofessional!
After about 1hr argument back and firth with "Isabella" she refunded 2 of the 3 days! ... But that was all! Still out of money and hotel! WORST experience I've EVER dealt with! This hotel is a fraud/ they are rude/ unprofessional/ no Organization, they blame their "errors " on the "new people" Ridiculous! DONT waste your money on this dump!
I will be reporting them to the Better Business bureau and contacting my bank on their scam!

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Jodiemason22
Sunsol_Hoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at SUNSOL International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear guest, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Here at SUNSOL we greatly value our guests´ opinions and are constantly striving to provide better service. Your input will be taken into consideration and hope you visit us again to check for improvements made in your benefit. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I got a Groupon to stay here and was pleasantly surprised. It appears as though the property was recently renovated and the room was clean. Breakfast was crowded & chaotic but offered a variety of breakfast options (and breakfast was included). Although they claim to have a shuttle to & from Universal, it only runs to Universal once in the morning and once in the evening. One thing that we had trouble with that seemed simple to fix yet was extremely bothersome was the towels. They only provided 2 bath towels and they removed these every morning - and then both days we stayed there they FORGOT to replace them and we had to call the front desk multiple times to request replacements. Otherwise- was worth the cheap price paid.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience at SUNSOL Hotels with us. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and hope you visit us again in the near future, so we can provide even better service. Have a great day.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is a newly renovated, clean hotel. It is priced reasonably and is very close to Universal Studios. But it's just a hotel. I don't know how they call themselves a resort. They have no extra activities on the grounds, or salon, or restaurant. They do have a small snack bar that doubles as a breakfast dining room in the morning. No hot breakfast. It's advertised as a bar and grill by the pool and that is a very generous description.
The check in took too long. When I checked in there was no line and none of the 3 people behind the desk looked up to greet me, even with just a smile until they finished whatever it was they were doing. One lady was wiping down a pamphlet holder.
If you're looking for a no frills hotel near Universal, this is a fine choice. Just don't be expecting a "resort".

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary127

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Used this resort as a weekend accommodation for our trip to Animal Kingdom. Reception is clean and bright, free of all unnecesary adornments. Check in was efficient and courteous despite the receptionist struggling with our reservation. We went off to the room to find only 1 bed for a family of 4! Now, I don't mind cosy but this was ridiculous. Error was corrected very quickly with no fuss.
The room was clean and functional, with no obvious flaws. Do not expect plentiful soaps and shampoos. I would be wary if you are a light sleeper as the walls are paper thin and other guests may not be as polite as you. Bear in mind, this stay was in the middle of winter, there were a lot of guests. Probably, like me taking advantage of the cheap deals. We booked through Hotwire and got a really good deal. Hotel is excellent for the price. Very clean and the rooms are well appointed. There is a lack of information in the rooms about hotel facilities and local attractions. In reception, however there are leaflets galore about the local area and in the morning a guide is there to facilitate your questions.
Breakfast is crazy! Doesn't matter what time you arrive there are always too many people trying to sit at too few tables inside and outside. The food is fine and plentiful, just the atmosphere is little chaotic. We visited in January so there was little scope to use the pool etc, but looked fine and well looked after.
Biggest Gripe was the lack of connectivity to the 'free WiFi'! We could not connect on any of our devices, so not sure what the resort fee is for....Another Tax maybe......?

Room Tip: Rooms on pool side may be quieter on opposite side away from main parking area.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kopite0168

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Found a good groupon for this "resort" so figured why not. When we got there after our 13 hour drive from va, we were charged an extra $30 for an early check in. We thought we were at the wrong hotel due to the falsely advertised pictures. At about 10 pm there was another guest who was beating on the door and yelling at another guest that was inside there room. Security couldn't hush this lady for about 30 minutes. Then at about 1130 pm we were awakened by a call from the front desk. After leaving the motel, I checked my credit card statement to see that we were overcharged $130. Overall, save your money and use it towards an actual "resort".

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Rissa9179

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights, and got a great deal through Groupon. Upon my arrival I was greeted by a polite front desk clerk.and was checked in very quickly. The lobby is very modern,bright,and clean. The parking lot area surrounding the hotel is tree lined with beautiful oak trees but is still being resurfaced creating lots of dust at times. My room # 422 was found to be clean,bright,and modern with new furniture,carpet, flat panel tv mounted on the wall. Grante counter top in the vanity. The shower stall was nicely updated with attractive tiles, great shower head with good pressure and lots of hot water. One minor inconvience was the lack of any shelving for your shampoo and soap within the shower stall. The bed was comfortable and A/C/HEAT worked well. I did notice the door did not have any threshhold and lacked any weatherstripping around the door frame which caused a draft under the door and more noise. So I had to use a towel to place against the bottom of the door to prevent cold air from coming in (was 42 degrees outside) or any bugs. I did notice another posting here about the lack of weatherstripping so my room must not be the only one with this issue. I notified the clerk when we checked out of this issue. So check your door before you unload and request another room if you find this to be an issue. I would stay here again its in an excellent location especially if your going to Universal Studios or wet n wild. Hotel is within walking distance of Denny's and IHOP

Room Tip: Make sure your door has weatherstripping
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LOST_N_TRAVEL007

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience at SUNSOL Hotels with us. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and hope you visit us again in the near future, so we can provide even better service. Here at SUNSOL we strive to offer the best accommodation along with the exceptional SUNSOL service and will take every suggestion you make into consideration for your benefit. Have a great day.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I'm not sure why they call it a resort. There is a warm pool but many hotels have that. Rooms have outside entrances and no baths (stand up showers are standard at this property). This was discouraging to us since we have young kids. There is no exercise facility and no guest laundry. Power outlets in the room were out of reach below and behind furniture and most did not work. We were completely unable to connect to the "free" wi-fi with any of our several devices. It was a basic yet clean motel. This does not justify being named a resort or having to pay a "resort fee". I am glad that the hotel is new and VERY CLEAN. However the maids managed to skip our room even though we were out all day. The property blamed the fact that someone had placed a do not disturb sign on our door unfortunately. We could find no open tables to eat in the very crowded breakfast area. There is plenty of room to eat out by the pool but temps were in the 30s. I can't recommend this place unless prices are reduced and it's just a quick place to sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family