“Beautiful hotel with great location”

Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #103 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Beautiful hotel with great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We came up from Miami for the weekend and the Castle was the perfect place to stay. It has a great location and having the Universal desk was a plus as we were going to Universal and though we didn't use the free shuttle it was a plus if needed. The hotel was recently renovated and the decor is totally different than any other hotel.

The staff were very attentive and friendly and the front desk response was quick when we called with a question. Joe at the front door was very helpful and his suggestions were spot on. The restaurant was good and May our server was very friendly. Anna at the Antlers lounge was very nice and made our visit there very pleasant. The only drawback was the self parking charge

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope to have you as our guests next time your travels bring you to Orlando.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The location of the hotel is awesome. Close to everything. The atmosphere is so nice. The skull with antlers and the ugly paintings in the hall did not really go and I would change that. Also the hot tub was out of service the whole 3 days we were there and it was Christmas time. The pool area is so pretty and the chairs are so comfortable but the water is FREEZING cold. This is Orlando and all outdoor pools at this level of a hotel should be heated.

The room was big and very comfortable. They even give you a in room printer which was a nice touch. Sadly the desk are is cluttered with the tv, printer, coffee maker and other stuff, there is not much room to work.

It is still a great hotel and I would stay there again. The location to all the parks and shopping.
is awesome.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank you for your review. While I’m glad you enjoyed your stay I apologize for the issue you experienced with the pool temperature. I can assure you it’s at a comfortable temperature for you to enjoy on your next visit.
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I am a Platinum Marriott Member and needed a stay on I-Drive near the Conference Center; I was pleased to find that this hotel was recently obtained as part of the Kessler Collection by branding for Marriott and it also offered a government rate. I traveled with my wife. During our stay, we met Mr. Kessler on an elevator to our room and were able to share that we had been to his Savannah Hotel as well ( I should have told him that my wife would make a superb "hotel critique-spy" because she is much more detail oriented than I am in hotel matters including placement of mirrors, noise & light levels, meals, wines, and hospitality concerns. She is a retired teacher and loves to travel with me, so having a job during her stay would be enticing to her); he was pleasant to chat with in person.
My wife asked for an upgraded room, so on that next day of our 6 night stay, we moved to the 8th floor with a pool view . Our room had a bay window area with a small round table that she used for writing her Christmas cards. She truly enjoyed her stay, saying that the *young man at the front desk was very kind in asking about the daily status of the completion to her holiday cards.
There were other excellent hotel employees. In addition to the "*upgrade *staffer", there was a kind door man at the main entrance always greeting with a smile. She is better about names than I and mentioned that Camilo was an excellent restaurant service provider, as she had to eat breakfast alone each day; he was gracious in mannerisms and comfortable to talk with since no one else was in the restaurant at her choice of later breakfast times. I also heard that Amy was a bartender for those evenings when late-night dinner plans pushed her to "fend for herself" with a relaxing glass of merlot and a suggestion of a delightful salad. (So, Thank you Camilo and Amy!)
I am glad that Marriott offers this as another choice on I-Drive. A shuttle, every half hour, from my conference to the hotel made it convenient and I didn't have to rent a cab until we needed the airport. There are so many restaurants within walking distance! As for the room, the King bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and hallways always had that fresh "Marriott scent". Aesthetically, we are NOT into the awkward "Disney-Fanciful Mirror" above the rooms' desk, nor the abstract portraits throughout the hotel. As for the lobby's artsy imported "Hand chairs", they are shiny and unique, but I prefer the geodes, crystal chandeliers, comfy chairs in the bar area, and the details of the architecture to create a castle theme. The breakfast area had interesting wall planters but seemed to imitate Miami hotels with its cold plastic chairs and its' color choice of trendy bright lime green. The two rooftop areas are nice to look out over I-Drive at nightfall, but my wife tells me of some wasps making residence up there in daytime.The awkwardly round pool was not conducive for laps, too small for my wife, and the water was cold even though the outside temp. was 85*F.
On the last full day of our stay, my wife was looking forward to more poolside time in the sun on the comfortable wicker lounges. Sadly, by the end of breakfast they were collecting all of the seating to prepare for a "Grand Opening Event". She did not get to relax poolside to absorb vitamin D before heading back to the reality of winter temps at home (15*F on our return!). The bar tender did invite her to come for free samples of wine and treats that night at the event, but we just walked to a simple dinner at the nearby Bahama Breezes, since she did not bring a pair of high heels or black dress along for such a gathering. All in all, my wife relaxed in the comfy surroundings while I attended my conference and slept well in the hotel. I am glad that this has transitioned into a Marriott and will come again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a poolside view and upper levels have access to rooftop terraces.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review! We’re delighted you and your wife were here as we celebrated the special occasion of the Castle Hotels official Grand Opening. Thank you for your kind words for Camilo and our bartenders, we've passed them on and celebrated their intuitive service. We warmly welcome you and your wife back as our guests in the future.
Kissimmee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a small but artsy feel in the lobby area. Loved the pool area and the room we had, a king, was well furnished and the bed very comfortable. The bathrooms were perfect and everything was very clean. The staff were very friendly and the Cafe Toto Tango is right behind. It's location is near many attractions, dinner theaters, and restaurants. Very romantic place Would have given a 5 star rating except I did not care for the $15.00 self parking fee and even though it had a small coffee pot in the room I would have liked some free coffee, muffins or croissants that would have been a nice touch.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and I’ve taken note of your concerns. We hope to have you back as our guest. Thanks for capturing our BOHEMIAN Art!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a hotel in the middle of everything off International Drive. We selected the Castle hotel and glad we did. It was really cool. The decorations are modern and crisp with a fun theme. The service was outstanding, especially the bar tenders. Really friendly and suggested an awesome restaurant.

The rooms were clean and comfortable too! Great place, great value, will be back for a longer stay

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Good day jasonf1975,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am delighted that you had a great stay and our bartenders were memorable. I warmly welcome you back in the future. Sincerely, David
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I will have to say that this is a lovely hotel. It is very cozy. I spend so much of my time in hotels and to get a nice place to lay my head is comforting. The hotel seems to be ungoing transformation still and some things are not up to par which would normally make me think twice about staying there. But the staff is absolutely wonderful which completely changed my outlook on the hotel. If you have the opportunity it is a great place to stay, close to everything but if nothing else you need to experiece the EXCEPTIONAL service that the hotel has to offer. One in particular is Carol who everyday brightened my day. She remembered my name and made sure each day she asked how I was doing, or ask me how my day was. She called Vitos for me and asked them if they had Snow crabs because in talking with her I told her that this was my favorite. I could not believe she took the time to remember and went above and beyond just from a simple conversation with her. I have never received such supurb service and I stay at a lot of hotels. For once my business trip was not just me as a number, I was a person. I felt so important. For this reason I would recommend the hotel because we as business or families like to feel like individuals and feel special so thank you to Carol and the Castle Hotel for making my business trip not so ho hum this time. Sincerly, Jessica 80942

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica R
Hello Jessica R,
Thank you for writing your outstanding review highlighting Carole, I have shared your review with the team. Our staff prides themselves on providing stellar customer service. I hope your travels bring you to the Orlando area in the future. Take care, David
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here shortly after they opened after a large remodel in October 2013. While billed as a boutique hotel, I would not classify it as such. We confirmed our need for a crib a few days prior to arrival. At check-in, they noted the same on our account and stated that a crib would be ready in our room. (We knew we would have a tired baby due to late check-in.) Our 3rd floor room had a musty smell to start. No crib had been set up. We spoke with the manager who told us she would have go buy a Pack N Play. Yikes! They managed to dig out an ancient crib out of storage after a couple hours. The managers did work to accommodate us and upgraded us to a higher floor suite. Other issues included a dirty pool/hot tub area and lack of access to bottled water (outside of the very pricey bottle in the room.) The decor is very modern, but overall, you can still tell that this is an old hotel that they tried to shine up. We would not stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jbtraveler_1
Dear Jbtraveler_1,
I want to thank you for your review. And I sincerely apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. Please know that your comments have been shared with the staff. I have addressed the shortcomings that you experienced and hope to gain your patronage in the future. Please contact the hotel if you plan on traveling back to Orlando. Sincerely, David