“I was worried for no reason...”

Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive
Ranked #244 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Tonsberg, Norway
“I was worried for no reason...”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My family and I was a bit worried after having read all the lousy reviews about this hotel before going. Turns out we had nothing to worry about.

The hotel had a friendly staff, the location was a ten out of ten, the rooms were good for the price we gave. I also wanna give a huge thumbs up for the man in the reception selling tickets to various parks (Universal, Wet'n Wild, etc). I think his name was Dale, he was of great help! He didn't sell tickets to Busch Gardens anymore because it was so far away, but he still fixed tickets for us anyway. We got discount tickets for various restaurants, etc. So yeah, thumbs up!

I get a bit annoyed by reading all these reviews because you can't pay a low price and expect to get something like the Hilton hotel across the road. For tourists like us who spent 8-12 hours a day out of the hotel every day it was an A+ hotel. There are lots of diners and restaurants within walking distance, and a five to ten minute drive to some more expensive places.

The only thing I got to complain about is that we DID see crockroaches in our rooms the first night, three in total. They were small, but I hope not to see those again next time (yes, when I go back to Orlando I will definitely stay there again) I visit. I realize Days Inn is a lowbudget motel but I still hope they do something about that problem.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Thai first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2010

we have just returned from orlando. we arrived at days inn abit nervous about what we was going to find. We were greeted by the lovely lady on reception who was very courtious and very helpfull. We were pleasantly surprised with our accomodation because we had been so worried after reading these reviews. Our room was spotless, fresh and comfortable. They were cleaned everyday and we had fresh bedlinen and fresh towels each morning. The staff were great, nothing was too much for them..We would definately stay there again. Close enough to everywhere we needed to go yet just private enough to be out of noise way. Id reccomend the place to friends in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank friendly65
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2010

After reading some awful reviews I was a little worried about what we would find when we arrived! After a long flight from London we was greeted by a really friendly receptionist who was more than happy to anwser any questions we had. Our room was absolutley spotless no vaults at all, the people who had stayed in the room before us locked the safe after taking all their belongings out, we informed reception and less than 5 minutes later the problem was fixed. We wanted to go to the magic kingdom on our first day there, i had previously printed out the shuttle timetable from the hotels website and we decided to get the 8:10 shuttle, after 20 minutes of waiting I asked the receptionist if they knew if the shuttle was coming and i was informed that the shuttle was actually at 7:55am but they ordered us a taxi that the hotel would pay for as they website should have been updated and it wasn't our fault. The only problem we had whilst staying at the hotel was that the cleaner had left our door open, as you can imagen as 3 18 year old girls we was too scared to push the door open ourselfs and went down to reception to get someone to help us, the man who was working the nightshift came up with us straight away and after opening our door he waited whilst we check to see if everything in our room was ok, which it was. Apart from that incident we couldn't had asked for a nicer stay, everyone who worked at the hotel went out of their to help us, the room was perfect, although the hotel is in the quiet end of International Drive there is both Iynx and Iride bus stops right outside the hotel, i would highly reccommed the 111 Lynx bus that comes every half hour which goes to Walt Disney World, Florida Mall and Orlando International Airport.

Overall we had an amazing holiday =)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Having read previous reports bit nervous coming her but fears unfounded. we stayed here for 2 weeks and never encountered a single problem. location very close to ihop.Rooms basic but you get for what you pay only stayed in room to sleep to many things to to. Rooms cleaned to a high standard every day and reception staff extremely helpfull. Dale at the guest services was of great help when my wife lost her purse on trolley and with info on orlando. Load of eating out places nearby or else a short trolley ride. Seaworld and Aquatica within 5 min on trolley. Had a lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Meath
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Had previously booked a different hotel but the reviews were dire, believe it or not the reviews for this were much better. Just myself and a 4 year old. Problems with noise one night (first night of Spring Break and there was a party in the pool) said it at reception the next morning but the didn't care. Was warned about this by a previous review. Rooms very clean and beds comfortable. Had a problem the last night when I noticed the carpet under the sink was wet, rang reception and someone was up within 5 minutes. Couldn't find the problem but we kind of figured it out a couple of hours later when water started coming through the bathroom ceiling. Again someone came up within minutes.
Pool was FREEZING. Had to put the little one in a warm bath straight after cos he actually went blue in the water he was so cold.
IHOP is amazingly popular we had to queue 25 minutes one day, walk down International Drive for a huge choice of food outlets.
Excellent location, helpful enough staff, prob wouldn't stay here again though

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Wiltshire, England
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I am writing this review from my hotel room, using the Free wifi connection. I have been here for over weeks and so far nothing terrible to report.

Having read the previous reviews, I hope to be able to dispell some of the concerns raised by past reviewers!

The hotel has joined forces with IHOP for food, its cheap and chearful and with so many other eateries nearby - you won't go hungry. I highly recommend VILLAGE INN and DENNYs!

Room Service - has so far been excellent - my only critisism is that the cleaner has sometimes forgotton to replace the coffee cups - but after asking her nicely - we now have plenty of cups and coffee. We were given a complimentary microwave and fridge and there are ice machines and vending machines a few metres from the room. Clean towels are supplied daily and rooms cleaned and beds made each day. Coffee machine and coffee/tea is supplied daily.

Air con - is a little rattly, although we've got used to it now, but it works very well.

TV works well and has enough channels to keep us occupied. The radio didn't work so I mentioned it to a maintenance guy who went and brought us a brand new one within minutes!

Swimming pool is superb, and is an ideal place to cool down after a day in the florida sun. Its open from 9am - 11pm and is usually quiet during the week.

Parking - there is plenty of parking around the hotel and conveniently my hire car is outside my hotel room door! Parking is free too!

Tickets - there is an attractions desk in the lobby to get discount coupons, to buy theme park tickets (at a discount) or to sort transpport to the attractions.

Laundry - our room has an iron and board, and the hotel has coin operated washers and dryers (allow $2.25 each, only accepts quarters). There is even a machine selling washing powder!

Shops - there is a supermarket across the road and vending machines on site. Even the lobby offers basics for sale including snack items!

Overall I'm very pleased with this hotel and from speaking to other guests, the worst story I've heard so far was 'shame my room didn't look over the pool', although she later confessed her room locations was ideal for other reasons!

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank Danyall_UK
Queensland
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Would never stay there again. They are cutting corners. The room needed a good clean before we stayed in it. The clock radio and coffee percolator didn't work and the iron in the laundry was dodgy. The same empty shampoo bottle and old pieces of soap sat around the bath for days and used towels were still left in the bathroom. The room smelled musty. Its one thing to offer a competative price but to cut corners is just not acceptable. Will never stay with Days Inn anywhere again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels