Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive
$148
$111
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$199
$212
$192
$172
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$394
$313
Hotels.com
1,589 results
All reviewsihop restaurantroom was cleanwithin walking distancemicrowave and fridgeclose to sea worldconvenient locationcoffee makerwalgreenstrolleyparksseaworldoutletstheme
Reviewed January 7, 2007

After reading the reviews left by other travellers, I was somewhat wary about our stay at the hotel. However, I found that the hotel was adequate and would recomend it to other travellers who wish for budget prices but more importantly a good location. A few notes for any future residents at the hotel.

The I-Ride Trolley is located just accroos the road from the hotel. It is extremely convenient for trips to Sealworld, Wet & Wild, Universal and Premium Outlet malls and for a buck a trip, very good value for money. Disney is a different story though. I would recomend using a shuttle bus with other travellers, I think that it worked out at $4 per trip but much better than the $40 cab ride that we got one day. "King Solomon's" was the name of our bus shuttle.

As regards the trip, I would say to visit Disney first as the rides are much more sedate and aimed at toddlers. Our mistake was going to Universal and experiencing, the Hulk, Dungeons & Dragons (high velocity, high thrill rides) etc before we went on Peter Pan! The best themepark I found, was Seaworld and the multipass for Universal, Seaworld & Busch Gardens is excellent valeu for money.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
15  Thank Furball01
Reviewed January 5, 2007

This hotel was ok for the price. We had a rate increase during our stay and then a decrease on our last night. During checkout they had not changed to the lower rate, I showed my conformation printout and they gladly changed the bill. The rooms are clean but the hotel needs a makeover.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank bigorangedon
Reviewed January 1, 2007

My family and I stayed here 12/26/06-1/2/07. When I read some of the reviews on this hotel, I was a little concerned. But enough of the reviews were good enough, I thought it would be worth the "risk". The "bad": The room had a slight odor, but nothing major. Bathroom very dated, but clean. The front desk people weren't the friendliest in the world. Hard to communicate with cleaning people due to poor English-speaking, (very annoying). The good: The rate per night was $34, a very good value for what we got. The families and other guests we saw were "normal" and friendly, and we never felt out of place or unsafe. We were away from the pool area (room # 312) and had no noise problems from other guests or staff. The room was clean and everything was in good working order. The pool was big and the area well kept and attractive. VERY convenient to the parks we visited. We were 3 minutes from Sea World and 10 minutes from Universal. Pleanty of places to eat within walking distance.

I think sometimes when people go to a Days Inn-type hotel, they're expecting the Ritz Carlton. This isn't the Ritz. It's a good, clean room, safe area, and convenient to where we wanted to go. This is what we wanted. About the only time we spend in the room is sleeping time, so we're not interested in all of the bells and whistles. I would recommend this hotel. Just come in with reasonable expectations, and you'll be fine.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank Friendnc
Reviewed December 12, 2006

On the last day of our stay, our luggage, laptops were stolen from the room . The locks on the rooms are not safe. Hotel personel is NOT friendly. Even our conference bags are stolen .

When we arrived at night the hotel clerk was not so friend as said. The door was locked and we had to talk through the glass. The rooms smells because of the A/C. The room was not so clean. WC in the bathroom was broken was always making noise.

Please don't stay in these motel for your sake.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank voyager77
Reviewed October 14, 2006

We booked this with a request asking for a quiet top floor room.
We got a First (of four) floor room opposite the swimming pool with virtually no sound proofing of any kind. Just to add to that the room smelt like a cross between mould/damp and smoke, It was disgusting.

We asked to be moved as the room smelled horrible and was too noisy, they didn't apologise or ask what the room smelled of, they just gave me another room...good in one way but strange that they didn't want to know about the smell - makes me think they already knew!

The new room was better, it was a handicap accessible room on the ground floor this time but facing away from the pool so not so noisy. As with any motel though you hear everything going on outside. And it had one of those annoying, sound leaking doors joining us to the next room.

We paid £125 for the room for the whole week so should have expected a bit of a dive and we probably got something a little better than that in the end.

The IHOP restaurant on site was great for breakfast and there is a small (rip off prices) supermarket and a nice Red Lobster & McDonalds within a minutes walk.

The position of the motel is great for conventioners and holidaymakers alike.

If you can afford something better then get it, if not you'll get a great price here if nothing else...

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple