Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$261
$191
$209
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$388
$303
Hotwire.com
1,588 results
All reviewsihop restaurantroom was cleanwithin walking distancemicrowave and fridgeclose to sea worldconvenient locationcoffee makerwalgreenstrolleyparksseaworldoutletstheme
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I had stayed here in 2007 without incident. I had read previous reviews on this site where other people had been robbed! I thought it was a fluke. IT WAS NOT. My room was broken into while at the convention center - taken was my LAPTOP (it was not out nor was it in the laptop bag. I had placed it in my suitcase to be out of plain sight). They also took my empty laptop bag, my purse, my car keys and a makeup bag. I had to stay up all night to be sure they would not come back to steal my car. A room 3 doors down from me was also robbed while they were at the convention center too. Also taken was a laptop and the laptop case.
Management was not shocked - I am sure this happens quite frequently here.
The police officer who came out to file my report said the room above us had also been robbed last month - but they BROKE INTO THE SAFE!
DO NOT STAY HERE Unless you do not care about your belongings!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Decent hotel-nothing spectacular at all but clean and comfortable. Can't beat the price. On International Drive but way out of the busy area-hard to get around. You can take the bus which is the chepeast and fastest way to Universal or Disney. The shuttle offered was nothing to be desired-picked up around 9:30 Am and traveled to many different hotels and took forever to get to the park. And only one am and one return at 7:30. No other choice. So if you need to stay longer at the park you end up taking a taxi which ran one night at $18 and the seond night driver went different route and was around $13. Imagine that! The IHOP attached was crazy buzy on Sat - food nothing to write home about. All in all decent room for the money and a place to lay your head after spending all day at the parks.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I was surprised by the big room which was cleaned everyday. The reception staff were friendly & the front desk manager & the Filipino employee were very helpful. This hotel has many amenities that were free like the Fitnessroom, parking,the wireless internet, safe in room,shuttle buses who were on time & almost comparable to a Swissrail schedule. I always had an air conditioned bus & had a good seat. The proximity to the Restaurants, shopping centers at the International Drive was very practical.The pool had a pleasant temperature( water was not cold & not warm) .They were generous with the towels ,soaps , toilet paper etc.giving more that was needed per day. The restaurants nearby , the IHop which served abundant quantities( waiters were friendly & polite & not all waiter are stressed- this is just normal in a family restaurant where a lot of kids are around), the Mc Donalds, Denny's & the Red Lobster were just across the street.The furnitures, TV ,telephone & the radio alarm clock weren't the newest model, but they all functioned. At the hotel lobby, they sell beverages , some medicines against pain & other minor discomforts, ponchos & adaptors for European made appliances cheaper than the supermarket across the street ( $ 5.- cheaper) !!

So, I hope other guests won't expect or complain too much otherwise, they should check in a luxury hotel like the Peabody where everything is almost perfect. In fact there,they even have a flat screen TV in the bathroom which I just used only once in my 1 week stay there during the convention.I had no chance to use the pool & Jacuzzi as well because of the courses & workshops during the daytime and the parties in the evening.
So after the convention, I was relaxed ,contented & saved a lot of money for shopping , considering the room price difference at Peabody & my 1 week stay at the Days Inn .:-)
I was positively surprised of the price & the amenities offered by this hotel.
I can recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Edelkoralle
Reviewed September 3, 2009

This was a very typical motel, clean, large rooms, basic facilities. I did not notice an 'odd smell' or any of the other complaints listed here are for £330 for 2 weeks I wouldn't have cared. A motel is a place to sleep, not to hang out and enjoy the views. The motel is mostly used by confrence goers - the convention centre is just a short walk away or American families who have driven.

My one problem was the proximity to... well not much. There is a McDonalds, an IHOP, a Denny's and a Red Lobster in walking distance but that's it. Unless you have a car you will have to rely on public transport which is good but not very frequent, or the free shuttle, which I would avoid at all costs. This takes you to Disney, Seaworld or Universal on a very cramped bus often with no air con and it doesn't take you direct - it could often take an hour to get to Disney, stopping off at lots of other hotels on the way. In the vening there is a scrum to catch the bus and lots of people standing - after a long day in the hot sun people were close to fighting over seats. If you are a young couple like us you could probably put up with this - but it would drive anyonw with young children mad. So unless you are very patient don't bother - take a lynx bus or a cab instead. This motel would be best for flydrive.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Stayed here for what was supposed to be a week but checked out early and found a better hotel. The room smelt and was just unclean. Changed rooms but was not much better. We ate at the ihop once and was the worst meal I have ever had. Staff seemed boarded and uninterested and full of excusses. It not often i complain but this was one case I did and as things did not improve we checked out.There are better hotels for the same price in the same area

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple