“Not bad for a short stay”

Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive
Ranked #243 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
UK
“Not bad for a short stay”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Location is fairly good and the room was clean and so for the price we paid I was happy to stay the night. Pool looked clean and for a one or two night stay would be adequate. The one thing we did not like was the abscence of security and the fact pizza leaflets were pushed through the door at gone 1 a.m in the morning.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JumariM, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Convention Center for your choice of lodging. It was a pleasure to serve you. We appreciate the nice comments about our clean rooms and pool. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel location and the rate that was offered to you.

Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Thai first
Atlanta
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This hotel was clean, close to restaurants and the highway and very inexpensive. The only downside was the hard, out of date mattresses. But all and all I will recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Convention Center for your choice of lodging. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your nice comments. The hotel management team reviewed your comments regarding the mattress and we are looking for into changing them.

My staff and I look forward to serving you in the near future.
EXCELSIOR
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel is in dire need of an update! Its location was the only thing it had going for us. The first room they offered us had a view into the stairwell (I had reserved months before on Hotel.com). The second room smelled so strongly of mildew it made my head ache. The third room still had a slight mildew smell and an air conditioner that sounded like a train. We decided to stay there because we were told they were 'running out of rooms to offer us'. The beds were OK. The bedding left something to be desired. A foam blanket with cigarette burns screams 'dingy'! (esp. in a non-smoking room)
A small grocery and McDonalds across the street was convenient.
The free wireless in the room was spotty, don't come here expecting high-speed.
Finally, to top it off, I had to point out that my bill was incorrect. Took 15 minutes to fix it.....
The IHOP had really yummy, well- prepared food!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

JumariM, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time in responding to our survey. It is upmost important to me to listen to my customers. I have spoken to my staff regarding your complaint and discussed ways of improvement. I hope you give us another chance to prove this is not how we operate. My staff and I look forward to serving you in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We arrived quite late after a full day in a theme park so just wanted to get showered and go to bed. The room on the fourth floor had an awful smell. We asked to be moved rooms and looked at two others which both also had the same awful smell. We asked to transfer to another days inn ans were told we could not. I asked for my money back and was refused as we had booked through an agent, even though it had been booked and paid for nearly a week previously. The smell was unbearable and I assume it was coming from the carpet which is not practical in a hotel if it is not washed often. It was not a very hot day and it was awful so on a hot day it would only be worse. I was told it is Florida and there are smells even though I did point out the hotel I had stayed in the previous week was immaculate and there was no smell. We went back to the room as we did not know what to do and had 2 small children with us and there was a lizard running around the room which went under the bed. When we moved the bed to try and get a photo to show the travel company there was a dead cricket and lots of other debris as it had obviusly not been cleaned for a long time. There was no way we could stay there and once again asked for a refund as the room was not fit to sleep in we were refused and told to contact the travel company even though it was in the middle of the night in England and we could get no reply. The woman seemed to be unhappy we had dared to complain but we paid a lot of money to come on holiday and we were not going to have it ruined by staying in an awful room for a week so we left. We spent the week in a lovely hotel somewhere else and it was the right decision to go. I would avoid this hotel as for not much more you could stay somewhere lovely.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank janine m
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to respond to or survey. I want you to know that after reading your complaint we have purchased some humidifier for the rooms that have an odor. The level of humidity in Florida unfortunately causes this type of problems. The humidifier helps to avoid this. Thank you for giving the opportunity to serve you. My staff and I look forward to serving you in the near future.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 10, 2012

What more can I ask... It was a business trip... the price was right, the office staff was wonderful, there was a 24 International House of Pancakes conected to the lobby so reguardless what time I came in I could always get something to eat, It was a nice stay.. Thanks

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Convention Center as you choice of lodging. We are happy to see that you enjoyed our property and the location which is just walking distance to many attractions, convention center, shopping and restaurants. We look forward to serving you in the future.
POMPANO BEACH
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Value for the price - wasnt made aware there was a continental breakfast available..
everything else is what you would expect from a Days Inn.
The location to the south side of convention center is perfect... a short walk
My only complaint was the pillows.... terrible

1 Thank Linda D
JumariM, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Convention Center as your choice of lodging. We appreciate your nice comments. Look forward to serving you again in the near future.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 2, 2012

To stay in Days Inn was very nice, we feeedl very much welcome. Very nice Staff, great pool in a very good area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
JumariM, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments. I am grateful to hear that my staff was nice and helpful during your stay. I am happy that you enjoyed our property and the location which is just walking distance to many attractions, convention center, shopping and restaurants. We hope to service you again on your next visit to Orlando.