“Sort the mouldy rooms out on the back half of the motel!”

Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive
Ranked #244 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
United Kingdom
“Sort the mouldy rooms out on the back half of the motel!”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was our only 3 night stop on our 2 week Florida fly drive holiday. We were supposed to be staying at Ramada Inn International Drive but this was being renovated although our tour operator didn't tell us this! The motel itself was definitely the biggest disappointment of the holiday and considering we had paid for superior accomodation this motel had a definite 'budget' feel!
The check in lady wasn't overly helpful to begin with and then gave us the key to a room on the back parking lot. Upon entering the room we were hit (literally in the face!) by an overpowering musty/mouldy smell along with the noisest fridge I have ever heard! I immediately went back to the check in lady and asked for another room. Again she wasn't overly helpful and gave me the keys to another room on the back lot - exactly the same result and then again for a third room along the back row! Unacceptable!
I then went back and the lady spoke to another man at the check in - I am sure they must get this complaint about the room smell all the time.
They then gave me two keys to rooms on the other side overlooking the pool. These were not as bad but hardly smelt of roses! We had to put up with this place for 3 nights!
Would not recommend at all!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Thai first
Dublin
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We had two rooms here while visting florida for 10 days. Our room smelled damp all week and the sink in the room was leaking so the carpet was soaking wet the entire time. We were advised when booking that continental breakfast was included this wasnt the case there was an ihop pancake place in the hotel at breakfast time people were queing for tables for around 40 minutes and the food was terrible. Other than the damp rooms were big with two double beds in each a microwave, fridge and tv which was great!! the rooms were well cleaned and towels changed everyday. In the other room in our party the safe kept breaking and once it actually was locked shut with money cards etc in it. The person who tried to fix it couldnt and the stuff had to stay there until the next morning which would have been a disaster if travelling alone with no other cash!! The next morning they opened with a lump hammer and it couldnt be used again!

The pool area was big and clean and was never busy. This hotel is located just past the convention centre at the end of international drive which im sure is great if your attending a conference but if you there for pleasure its a bit out of the way and it takes around 20 minutes to get the restaurants and attractions on iDrive. There is the trolley stop close to the hotel which will bring you down and is cheap 1.25dollars a trip but its soooo busy and often doesnt stop as its full! I would recommend hiring a car if staying here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This is one of the best hotel we ever stayed in and we will be back

the clerk behind the front desk was very frindley and curties

the house cleaning staff was great and allways did a very wonderful job

the maintenance was right on there tows they stayed right on top of problume
i know i do it for a living here in va

Room Tip: the rooms were very clean and house keeping was spot on
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
wales
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Staff very freindly and helpful.Nice pool, convenient location, very good value. IHOP great food and staff,

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I would recommend this hotel for the value oriented business traveler looking for a good deal near the convention center. The room was a nice size and there was a fridge and microwave. The room smelled very heavy of mildew. I went to the nearby Walgreens and bought a plug in and it helped a little. I was traveling for business at a conference and chose this hotel for its proximity to our conference. I also had booked 3 rooms for 2 of my employees so value was my number 1. Check in was easy and staff was friendly. Nice to have an IHop next door. This is a hotel I would not recommend for families or people with asthma.

• Stayed January 2011
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Stayed with my family and friends over the Memorial day long weekend. When visiting Orlando, location is important and this hotel was in the middle of all the action. Everything was nearby, Disney, Universal, Sea World. And at night, great places to eat where literally just around the corner. The rooms were very clean and the staff were SUPER. The suite was very big and accommodating, parking was ample. GREAT VALUE!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank joseycrismiami
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We needed an affordable place near the parks to end our vacation we had decided to extend for a few days. The Staff at check in was great, she assured me no bugs and clean room. I checked the bed, it looked clean, bathroom as well, and the fridge and micro looked brand new, so I decided I could stay. I noticed people had room doors open, and soon realized why. There was a funky, sweet moldy smell in the room and if you turned off the ac it went away. I looked into the grate of the AC (should of took a picture) and it didnt look pleasant in there. We were off to the parks so I didnt deal with it then, but when we came back I went to the front desk and asked them if they could do something about the odor. It was a different staff person, and he just said ya, he would send someone. About 45 mins later a man came to the door, didnt say a word, leaned over to the AC which I said nothing about, and sprayed something into it, then sprayed the room and left. Not a word was said. I thought why did he go right to the AC with the spray unless he knew it was the problem. The spray did nothing. The next night we bought our own Oust Spray and it made the room tolerable witht he AC on low. Hope I didnt catch some kind of fungus in the air. I think the rugs and AC's need to be replaced. The IHOP on property was jamed tight with tables, its not free, and they wanted to put us at a table that was 2 inches (no kidding) from the next table in a row of tables. We left. Did eat there late at night after the park once. The 4.00 bowl of mac n cheese was dry, i had to add milk and butter to make it tolerable. The chicken casadia was ok. Staff was chatting with each other, and not overally great service. Wouldnt eat there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CampingismyZen

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels