All reviews universal studios tabla restaurant walking distance to universal hot tub choice hotels free shuttle minute walk construction work clean bathroom international drive pool towels golden corral would stay here again pool area water pressure premium outlets sun loungers
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my family and friends (10 of us in all). We were checked in quickly and our rooms were clean and well presented. We were also given information on the shuttle bus services that ran from the hotel. I terms of Disney transfers the buses were not great as they were either too early (7:05am) or too late (12:30pm) and rarely on time. This was easily rectified with Uber (about$20 depending on which Disney park you visited). The hotel was in walking distance to universal (about 15 minutes) which made it super convenient wether it was visiting the rides or city walk. There was also a wall greens, a Burger King and a few other eateries about 10 mins from the hotel also. The fashion outlets were also within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel pool as good, it was a decent size and also had a hot tub available. The pool did close during the thunderstorms which is understandable. The is an itrollely stop just across from the hotel and was about €7-€9 for a weeks pass, this was great as you could get up and down international drive without any issues, it also dropped you at sea world and aquatica. The hotel was linked to the tabla restaurant, we did not go in but did have a takeaway from there and it was fantastic, would definitely recommend. This hotel is a great choice if your main priority is universal (the hotel does have shuttle buses for this but given the distance is easier to walk).

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank shellysunshine
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

It had to the worst experience in my trip to Florida. I booked months ahead and when I checked in they had cancelled my reservation and blaming the company I nDe the reservation with. They refused and blames the company for the cancellation and according the I had a active reservation. Bottom line I was out over 160 dollars and months of trying with no success.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank muin
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights and here are my pros and cons.

Pros:
-Close proximity to Universal. (Cheap Uber $7 or Free Shuttle)
-Easy check in
-Restaurant, Bar, Gift Shop, Cafe, Pool (didn’t use the pool)
-Price (good price for location)
-Friday’s Restaurant in walking distance
-Clean Rooms

Cons:
-Outside/Grounds looks a bit dated rundown
-We had to walk by smelly garbage and banquet items to get to our room. (Smelled worse then an dingy alley. Was afraid a rat would jump out)
-No vending machines
-A/C units leak water all over the walkway making it super slippery! (One person from our group fell HARD!, just as we got there. We notified the property and they were rather nonchalant about it.)

If you are looking to save money stay here, it isn’t too bad. I wouldn’t stay here again, I would spend the extra money and not have the motel feeling. If you don’t plan on being in your room or on the property and just at the parks all day then this place is perfect.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Mhervey
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel through a last minute holiday with Thomas Cook. To be honest, we weren't expecting much but we were pleasantly surprised. In the style of an American motel, we couldn't really fault the hotel. Excellent location for universal and the rest of the theme parks - we used the free shuttle to and from universal so it saved us loads in parking fees for the 5 or so times we visited the 3 parks. Note: parking at the hotel is free and so is parking at universal after 6pm (hardly any queues for rides after this time)

The hotel was clean and tidy and clearly had been renovated quite recently. Air conditioning was very good and made good use of the large ice machines to chill our drinks during the day.

Pool area was quite nice, didn't use it much as it was really hot during the day. Staff members were always polite and courteous and the maid service was very good too.

Couldn't really fault it - would stay again for a cheap and cheerful experience.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stu B
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We changed our holiday booking due to such a good price here, we had a car so didn't need to be close to everything. 15/20 minute walk to universal itself which we did instead of getting the bus. We also drove to the Disney parks due to the bus times but it didnt matter what time we got back we always managed to get parked.
The pool area was lovely although we only used it once due to the weather the hot tub was easy to use.
The beds were comfy and rooms spacious, air con worked fine and the room came with a safe (at an additional cost) and a small fridge meaning that could have plenty of water in there for the hot days.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends