“Never again!!!”

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Orlando Downtown

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I am writing to inform the condition of a days inn that I had reservations for on 10/27/11. I checked in at 5:30pm to drop off my bag and go to a local concert at the Amway center at 6pm. I had a great time at the show and got back to my hotel room at 10:50pm. By 10:58pm, I had the subtle aroma of urine, killed a roach on the wall by the bed, and found that the air conditioner was not operational. (I should have taken a hint that the a/c systems had issues because of the random a/c leaning up against the wall in the hallway!!!). I went to the front desk to voice my concerns and the Days Inn desk clerk (with mohawk- very professional) was not surprised or concerned. He said "hold on, I'll deal with you in a minute." He was in the middle of speaking with another guest regarding calling the police over a situation happening at this hotel. When the clerk came over to 'deal with me', I came to the realization that there was no way I was going to stay at this Days Inn one more minute! Alex offered for me to switch rooms. I let him know was I would be getting my suitcase and handing back the key and would like my money back. He said he wouldn't be able to do that because I checked in several hours ago and made reservations with expedia, so i would have to call them and get it figured out. Rather than try to logically rationalize, I grabbed my bag came back to the desk and ask if there was anything to sign, he said no and I gave back my key.
I got a hotel to avoid a three hour trip home in the middle of the night. After that ordeal, I decided to drive all night long! I didn't know I had the option for a roach motel via Expedia. I am sure Expedia wasn't aware and this is my attempt to help inform that this place is not worthy of being an option when travelling.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
daysmidtowndowntown, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please again except our apology for your inconvenience

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This isn't a first class Hotel but I wasn't paying for a first class Hotel. The room was clean and the staff got me in and out quickly. The breakfast is the best I have had in the cheap motel class. I chose this hotel for its proximity to major roads and there was a slight road noise in the room on occasion, but not bad, and is the price you pay for quick access. I would not choose this for a Orlando vacation stay but I paid under 50 bucks for a Downtown hotel with breakfast for a business trip, great value!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank DENNIS M
Reviewed September 6, 2012

yes its true this in no 4 star hotel but was clean neat and had as good of a room as some of the others i have paid 2 times more for .
people seem to forget when the pictures are taken everything is new and a hotel catches hell from its guests if I had a beef it would have been a bit more on the tv missed my ball game .
front desk was helpful concerned and happy I found out if you are polite to them they go out of thier way to help and be polite back .
we were asked about out reason for staying and said its medical and got the lowest rate they had and even put us side by side and on the front row as to make it easier on us to unload and load
so if you want a spa and fancy go on down the road and pay 4125 a night but if you want a room for what it was suppose to be sleep in this is as good of a place as i have ever been in .
ps I all ways carry my pillow from home because there is not another one like it in the world i
suggest you do the same !
also the security guy at night even stopped by to introduce himself

Room Tip: if you want to sleep in a room and play in a pool this is the place for you
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
daysmidtowndowntown, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our Days Inn Midtown Hotel, We truly appreciate your comments. Sincerely ER, Manager

Reviewed August 5, 2012

You get what you pay for is not even close! we stayed overnight for a fairly economical price which was great BUUTTTT here comes the issues. Right off the start, at check in i asked the front desk asscoiate "when booking the room online they took my cc info, i think i already paid" to whick the quick reply was-" ive been doing this for over 10yrs, i know you didnt". i was a little taken back but checked in anyway. we got our keys and off to the room we went. as soon as we got to the room, there was NO A/C, 1 pillow on a King size bed, NO towels, NO washclothes AT ALL! so as i was fixing the A/C unit my wife went to the front desk to ask for the needed items, she came back with, 2 towels and NO pillows or washclothes. she was told housekeeping would be returning at 9am, the current time was 8PM. as we laid on the hard surface of what they called a bed sharing a pillow we both felt nasty even getting in the sheets that we thouroughly inspected. we both SLEPT in our clothes.we tried to unwind by watchin TV for a bit but low and behold NO BATTERIES in the remote control. the next morning we showered in a mist that was coming for them faucet head, which my wife wore shower shoes. we didnt even go barefoot on the floor. ONLY THING THAT KEPT US THERE WAS WE WERE EXHAUSTED FROM THE DRIVE! WE DO NOT AND WILL NOT RECCOMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE! AND WHEN WE COME THERE AGAIN, WE WILL BE STAYING ELSEWHERE!
Ive stayed in nicer places DEPLOYED TO 3rd WORLD COUNTRIES!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bigjoem73
daysmidtowndowntown, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

daysmidtowndowntown, General Manager at Days Inn Orlando Midtown - August 12, 2012, 7:38 am

Please accept my sincere apology regarding your recent stay at our Days Inn Hotel, What you experienced is not the standard we strive to uphold. Our goal is to provide a high level of service. Once again, We are truly sorry for the inconvenience we caused you. Sincerely ER, Manager

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I don’t know where to start but since I work in the hotel industry, I felt obligated to tell management and other potential guest. I arrived late Saturday night and to start, the key did not work. Security had to escort us to open the door. We were moved 3 times in two days. First room, bathroom was disgusting and the carpet looked like it has not been cleaned in a month. First issue, on a pet friendly hotel the “smart front desk agent”, did not use her common sense and blocked another small barking pet next to my room. We call to advise them and they moved us to another room. The room # 2, not only the room smelled bad, it was also dirty and the door did not work. Next day and due to the door problem, we were moved again into another filthy room. I can go on and on but don’t have the time or energy to do so but please be aware and pay a little more to get a decent and clean place to spend your night. This hotel needs urgent help or might just need a new housekeeping manager that can ensure the rooms are done properly.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
daysmidtowndowntown, General Manager at Days Inn Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Please accept my sincere apology regarding your recent stay at our Days Inn Hotel, What you experienced is not the standard we strive to uphold, i have discussed this situation with my entire staff to ensure it is not repeated, Our goal is to provide a hig level of service that requires diligent attention to detail and is a matter of constant reinforcement of our hotel. Once again, We are truly sorry for the inconvenience we caused you.

Sincerely

Joe Chopra

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Dear Friends
this place is amazing and very reasonable
service is great
the front desk clerks are helpfuland always have a SMILE and the Maids are so friendly and kind

Jimmy D

Room Tip: rooms in front or by Pool are great ...... Room 121
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
daysmidtowndowntown, General Manager at Days Inn Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our Days Inn Midtown Hotel, We strive to uphold high standards. We truly appreciate your comments. Sincerely ER, Manager