“large, super clean rooms with excellent hospitality and location”

Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #87 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alberta
“large, super clean rooms with excellent hospitality and location”
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed here 3 nights before going on a cruise. Beautiful rooms and huge.Our group of 9 were surprised with the price for how nice everything was. We ate at their restaurant one night. Everyone enjoyed it. I had halibut,others ate pasta and pizza. The chef even came over to talk to us. There were many other resteraunts within walking distance. A hugeoutlet mall is located across the highway. The disney parks driving distance away. The best part of this hotel was how the staff went out of their way when my mom got very sick with the stomach flu. The restaurant made her chicken soup even thogh it was not on the menu. They were amazing to her. We all highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank scampalberta
GMlbfl, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
Thank you for providing a wonderful review. It is our duty to ensure our guests have the best possible experience and it is nice to read that our Chef & Team went the extra mile for you & yours. Next time you are in Orlando, we look forward to serving you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis
Reviewed March 30, 2010

This hotel was the best for my best for 2 major reasons. One it's location right off the freeway and almost accross the street from the Disney world entrance. Secondly the quality of the hotel and the rooms were fantastic for the price thus giving us great value.
Definitely a place I will recommend to my friends!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank athiry
GMlbfl, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 2, 2010
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad to have provided such an outstanding experience for you and your best. Next time you are in Orlando, please keep us in mind!
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the hotel and found a wonderful room--competitive with some of the nicest 4 star hotels I've visited for business or pleasure. The rate was great and value outstanding--free easy to use wifi, inviting queen sleep number beds with crisp linens, a wonderful desk and sofa, and a modern well lit bathroom with great soaps and plenty of shelves. The restaurant staff seemed very interested that everything ordered both at breakfast and dinner met expectations--the chef came out twice to say hi and check on satisfaction. A Starbucks seri\ving staff at the lobby bar provided a quick breakfast when I had 10 minutes to run to my conference. The only inconvenience is that I couldn't walk to my meetings--would have had to cross the highway--possible but not so appealing. For families on vacation, this is a good spot as there are plenty of moderate and lower priced restaurants nearby and downtown Disney is also just a mile down the road. High marks for the cleanliness of rooms and bathrooms, friendliness of front desk and concierge staff, and nice woman who runs the car rental office. I'd return to this hotel and recommend it for amazing value and a very comfortable stay. I travel to many conferences and stay at lots of hotels in the US and internationally--Radisson is doing something right in training their staff to be customer focused. I've never written a hotel review but felt compelled. The price was right as was the comfy room at the end of the day.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank eveyc
GMlbfl, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
Thank you for providing a wonderful & detailed review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you took the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to the Orlando area.
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I stayed at this hotel when it was Days Inn, by far, this hotel exceeded my expectations. The friendliness of the staff, seems to be pretty well trained and their knowledge regarding the area was excellent. Now the name is Radisson Hotel, this goes way above and beyond my expectations. Their Staff goes above and beyond the call of duty. Their renovations is a piece of art. It is worth your money staying at this hotel and by far, the best in the area. You are within walking distance of Downtown Disney, Outlet, Supermarket and restaurants.

I will recommend this hotel to those traveling to Florida. It is worth your stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Frugalvalen
Austin, TX
Reviewed March 24, 2010

The Radisson was wonderful! Is close o Disney attractions and offers shuttle service. Also convenient to lots of restaurants. Staff was friendly and courteous and the rooms were very nice and clean. I would stay here again when visiting Orlando.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennettemh
GMlbfl, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 26, 2010
Thank you for being our guest; we sincerely appreciate your business. Next time you visit Orlando, we look forward to seeing you!
Providence
Reviewed March 24, 2010

Nice ,clean rooms but we had a very unpleasant interaction with a salesman in the main lobby at a desk we assumed was concierge. We simpy asked for some directions and had a difficult time refusing a sales pitch for what I assume were time shares. The young man was rude and aggresive when we politely declined his offer for "tickets". I would not recommend this hotel and feel the hotel should have some notification displayed at the desk of their intention of sales so that the unsuspecting traveler doesn't wander innocently into the store.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank girltravel10
GMlbfl, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
Thank you for providing this review. We apologize for the troubles you encountered during your stay with us. Please note that the Guest Services Desk is operated by Orange Lake Resorts, a third party vendor of this hotel. We have shared your complaint with them and it will be addressed via their channels. We appreciate your business and again sincerely apologize for the less than perfect experience. If there is anything we can do to regain your trust in our property, please reach out.
Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I booked this based on Tripadvisor reviews - it was a good choice. The hotel is not in the best location, but you a probably staying here to visit Disney, so are going to be out most days, even if it's pouring with rain like during our stay last week.

Check-in was efficient if not over-friendly. Our room at the end of the top floor overlooked the I4, but was well soundproofed. I liked being able to see the Epcot dome in the distance. The room was well furnished and spacious. It was nice having a sofa to sit on as well as two beds. Although it was nice to have the option of the SleepNumber beds, I thought it was a bit of a gimmick. The bathroom was also nicely decorated, but the designer sink was most impractical as the water had to be on full in order to get it in the bowl when washing hands. Thus not very green. Also the water pressure for the shower was variable and not only during the busy early evening - constant changes in pressure making our showerhead screech. Having said that, the hotel proved very good value for money and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

My single reservation about the property was the heavy timeshare sell we received after check-in when we were directed to the information desk. I thought this was most uncalled for and something I have never experienced in any hotel before. Not something I want to face after several hours' drive and when I'm on holiday.

In spite of this, the hotel provides excellent value for money when visiting Disney.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TravelGav
GMlbfl, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
We appreciate you taking the time to provide a detailed review, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will use your suggestions to fine tune operations for future guests.