“Good for WDW visitors”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Good for WDW visitors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

I just returned from a four night stay with my husband and two children ages 7 and 10. After reading a bunch of reviews I booked the hotel at a price of $90 per night. I have stayed on Disney's premises on at least 7 different occasions at their moderate to luxury hotels. If you can afford $300+ per night, they are usually a very fun place to stay, although the convenience to the parks depends on the hotel and the parks you are visiting.

This hotel is directly off Interstate 4's Lake Buena Vista exit. One of the four nights we had horrible traffic on that exit. We left the Magic Kingdom at around 7 pm and I think some of the other parks were closing at that time. Also, there is a Bahama Breeze and some other very popular restaurants directly off the exit ramp. We tried to get into Bahama Breeze and left due to a one hour plus wait.

I requested a room away from the elevator after reading the hotel could be a bit noisy. The person at the hotel desk blocked out a room for me in advance.

I found our room to be very quiet. My kids were making the most noise. Rooms are a good size, modern and pretty clean. Same goes for the bathroom. The beds were comfortable and overall we had a nice stay. The room has a flat screen tv and a good sized fridge. Not a mini fridge. Also includes a microwave.

The pool is small by Orlando standards but we didn't go in it. Being from Miami, we don't go swimming after September and before June so that was not a consideration.

I had read some reviews about outstanding management and the like. I had no interaction with them except for the room request and check in. Didn't find anyone to be particularily friendly. They did their job and that's it. However, we had breakfast one morning at the hotel and did have a very enthusiastic waiter who was extremely eager to give us Disney tips.

Overall, if you don't want to stay in a low-end hotel, and don't want to spend your retirement money on a week's vacation, I would recommend the Radisson. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Kellyexcursions
GMlbfl, Sales Manager at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Thank you for your review. We're glad that you stayed with us during this trip to Orlando. When you travel up this way again, please keep us in mind.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Plantation, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

I made a reservation over the phone ,requested the family suite I was given a senior discount, we had the 8th floor and even though the beds were sleep numbers they were very uncomfortable, all night long you could hear the elevator running,sounded like construction site. after we checked out they said you don't get a discount on family suites, and come to find after "I got home my account had a $400.00 amount put on hold. this is one of the worst hotels I ever stayed at, if you plan on not SLEEPING and RECEIVING A DSCOUNTED RATE DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank crappyhotel9
GMlbfl, Sales Manager at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
We apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. Thank you for your review and we will use your remarks to fine tune operations for future guests.
Southbridge MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

All of the other reviews are correct -- this is a nice hotel. Large rooms, plenty of parking, microwave, refrigerator and decent pool area. The staff was very nice, especially the front desk people, and the place was very clean. One thing I loved was the super fast elevators... so many places have elevators that are soooo slow! Location was not bad. About 1 mile walk (on sidewalks) from downtown Disney. There are no good views from any room, but if you want a Disney "view", you'll pay top dollar. Shuttle to Disney from hotel was on time and got me to Epcot at opening. I will stay here again

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tugaloo
GMlbfl, Sales Manager at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 2, 2010
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience with fellow travelers. Hope to see you again soon!
Milwaukee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed in Orlando for 2 days prior to our cruise to visit Universal Studios. The hotel was very clean and the check in process was quick. The customer service at the front desk was mediocre, not excellent as previously posted by other guests. Check in receptionist did not smile once the entire time we were at the desk or engage in any type of conversation. She took a call while we were standing there and ignored us. She did do her job by checking us in but definitly not personal in any way. We were also very put off that when we went to the conceirge for directions to downtown disney and inquire about a shuttle service to universal studios the next day, we were given a fast talking sales pitch for a timeshare that wasted 20 minutes of our time. We never did get the directions or answers to any of our questions regarding the local area that we had originally walked down to ask for. We ended up walking out and finding it ourselves because they wouldn't take no for an answer. Our room was very clean and we were satisfied with the overall appearance. We did not have any trouble with noise from the interstate; in fact ,we were very very satisfied by how quiet our room was. I wouldn't reccomend using the in-room safe. We followed the directions precisely and when we entered the password to set it, it set off a horrible shrieking alarm. Called the front desk immediately and was greeted with "wait 30 seconds and it will stop" .There are plenty of options in walking distance (restaurants, mini golf, downtown disney is a 15-20 minute walk) but I recommend renting a car if you want to do anything else in the area as taxi service is not available unless called for in advance and the hotel shuttle was only available to Disney parks and not Univeral Studios. In my opinion, if you are planning a Disney vacation, this is not the hotel. From someone who has been there, staying directly on the Disney property, even if it is the least expensive hotel out there, would be your better bet.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
We apologize for the troubles your encountered during your stay. We pride ourselves not only on our product, but also our customer service. It is disheartening to read of your experience. Next time your travels bring you to Orlando, we hope you will be willing to give out hotel another shot.
White Lake, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

We just spent a week at this hotel. Great value! The hotel is located no more than 10 minutes from all the Disney Parks. Great housekeeping-the whole hotel is very clean. There are lots of restaurants nearby. Our room was quiet but the view from the window was the freeway. That didn't bother me and I would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Paradisebound1
Thank you for providing your remarkable feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to be your hotel of choice next time your travels bring you to Orlando.
georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights for our honeymoon.
To be honest, I was a bit bothered by the concierge (if you can call it that) that tried to get us to buy rooms at the Holiday Inn. That was the last thing on my mind when checking into the hotel. She was almost a bit rude to us as well when we politely declined paying another $130 plus dollars.

The rooms were nice, although we paid for a King room that was directly located as close to the interstate as possible. Why they would build the rooms there is beyond me.

We were able to change to another room that ended up being across the hall from our previous room...guess what...on the other side of the interstate. After I got over my frustration, I bit the bullet and had earplugs handy.

**Note, if you plan to go to Orlando for your honeymoon, ask if you can possibly be placed in a room away from other families with children. They will wake up super early and the hotel room doors slam and wake you up.**

Overall, the place was fine. The location to restaurants, etc was great.

1 Thank igotyourback
GMlbfl, Sales Manager at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 27, 2010
We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review, and thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your Honeymoon. Next time your travels bring you to Orlando, we hope you will keep us in mind.
Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

My wife and I spent 8 great nights at this hotel. We booked based on these reviews, and they were "spot on"! Everthing was perfect...it was quiet, staff was top drawer, housekeeping was immaculate, and every need was anticipated and met. I spent much of my life as a "road warrior" and tend to be quite critical of hotels. I couldn't even find a single complaint about this property...unusual for me!

A couple of things that will help other travellers to enjoy their stay. First, ask for a room on the back. Second, be prepared to do some u-turns to get into and out of the property, dependent on direction of travel. Restaurants are nearby, many and varied, and all within walking distrance. We tend to be "off property diners", so really can't comment on the hotel restaurant. The fridge and microwave make it possible to enjoy "your" breakfast and beverages in the room, which is both comfortable and money-saving. A WynDixie grocery store is about 10 blocks north on SR535. USA Today is at the elevator lobby on each floor in the morning, and Starbucks coffee is available from 6:00 am in the lobby.

Recommended without hesitation!

1 Thank cruiser1957
GMlbfl, Sales Manager at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
Thank you for the glowing review! We sincerely appreciate your kind words. Next time you are in the Orlando area, we look forward to serving you.