“Fantastic Customer Service and Immaculate Rooms”

Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #87 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Flushing, NY
“Fantastic Customer Service and Immaculate Rooms”
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at this new hotel. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The beds are sleep number beds so you are able to adjust the firmness on each side of the bed. The design of the lobby is great because there are two main entrances: from the read and front parking lots, so when you arrive back from the theme parks late, and park in the last remaining spots, it is not a long walk to the lobby. The bar and restaurant are excellent options. The front desk staff are well trained - there is a concierge for travel advice, restaurants, etc. The location is great for many restaurant choices along Vineland. The drive to Disney is about 10 minutes.

It is an elegant, upscale hotel at a reasonable price. I stayed with my wife and 2 year-old for two nights in a very comfortable large room with a refrigerator, loveseat and flat screen television (also used the wi-fi with my iPhone). We very much enjoyed the accomodations. A nice value for $100/night.

Finally, I left my Blackberry in the safe in the room. I called the hotel the next day and left a message. They called me back, located the Blackberry and mailed it back to me in a secure package (complete with packing materials) charging for the cost of the shipping. What a great result!

I honestly have no negatives to say about this hotel, and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank cct1000
GMlbfl, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 17, 2009
Thank you for your review and the perfect rating

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
Reviewed November 29, 2009

This hotel is comfortable and the resturant provides a great place to eat especially after a long day. They advertise free shuttles to Disneyworld however they fail to inform you that there is only four in the morning and three returning in the afternoon and they only go to two parks (Magic Kingdom and Epcot). Times for returning to the hotel are inconvenient and don't fit with activities at the parks. Downtown Disney is the closest to the hotel however it is still 25 mins walk away. To get to Downtown Disney usually requires two buses from any of the parks. Some nights it took 1.5 hours to return to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2009

My stay was perfect. I got the hotel on Hotwire for an amazing price. It was close to Disney Downtown, Epcot, and Disneyland but at the last minute I decided to go to Universal Studios. No need to take high priced transportation. I walked to the Outlet Mall and caught a trolley to Universal Studios. I also caught the express public transit bus to the airport for $2 instead of $55 taxi, or $35 shuttle. The bus stop was just across the street. The room had 2 sleep number beds, excellent TV, large sitting area with desk. The staff was excellent. The laundry was quick and easy to use. I have no complaints and hope to stay in another Radisson hotel on my future travels.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank Kathy351
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 25, 2009

We booked this hotel to stay 'off site' for the first 2 nights of our 11 night Walt Disney World trip. This was our family's first ever vacation to WDW and I was happy to find this hotel at such an affordable rate and the reviews on TripAdvisor were so very positive. After staying here, we were spoiled rotten and were sorely disappointed in the Port Orleans Riverside resort that we spent the remainder of our vacation in. If I had it to do-over, I would spend our entire vacation at the Radisson.

We booked through Priceline, but unlike every other hotel we've booked through Priceline, we were still treated like first class customers. We were given a 5th floor room away from the elevators with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa for our family of five. The beds are sleep number beds with elegant 'Martha Stewart' ish decor, incredibly comfy linens, and the room is just really well appointed and lovely. This was so much more than I expected for the price we paid. This room on Disney property would easily be $400 a night or more.

The room included a small fridge and microwave and coffee maker, flatscreen wall mounted TV with cable, etc. We saw no bugs at all, the AC worked very well, and there was no noticeable noise in our room from other travelers or the elevators. The view was across the highway and at night we enjoyed the 'neon horizon' of Orlando. Some people may not like that type of view, but for us it was lovely.

Lisa, from the desk downstairs, seemed to always be at work and always had a fantastic smile and personality. Our train arrived at 10:30 am, well before their check in time, yet she had our room ready for us with a smile. We had thought we would have to wait a few hours but nope, she had us in our room within minutes with a smile. And we were SO happy to relax and spend the day by the pool. Actually, the pool is my only "Con" for this review - its a lovely pool, very clean, and they have a hot tub. But it may well be the ONLY unheated pool in all of Orlando. My boys had really looked forward to swimming but in early November they simply couldn't spend more than a few minutes in there before running to the hot tub area.

Their onsite bar and restaurant were both great and we had excellent service. One night my son dropped a glass and it broke - the staff immediately moved us to a completely new table, with a understanding and a smile - we were made to feel like family by every single person we encountered at this hotel.

My next happy surprise was that they have a taxi service that they've apparently contracted with to provide service to Disney at $10 each way. I loved that I didnt have to guess or wonder. Even if someone could say "You could get the same trip for $8" - I was far happier knowing, in advance, exactly how much the trip would be for our family of FIVE. The taxi operator even happily placed a car seat in so that my 4 year old felt safe and happy. He provided his card for us and when we were ready to leave, he picked us up right at the entrance, where we were (we didnt have to walk all the way back to where he dropped us off), and had the car seat ready to go - with a great smile, and again, making us feel like welcome family.

If I had any question or request, Lisa was always happy and courteous with a response. I was never made to feel like a bother and I always felt like she wanted me to be comfortable and happy with our experience. And I was!

I cannot say enough about how great it felt to stay at this hotel. No, there is no 'resort landscaping' like at POR, but I happily traded that for the more than excellent decor and comfort INSIDE where it counted!! Who wants to walk a mile to get to your restaurant? We took the elevators downstairs and were immediately seated with no crowds. Since we used the taxi service, we never had any trouble with getting in to or out of the hotel from the highway. It was simply taken care of. A far better experience than the on site Disney busses we dealt with the remainder of our stay - and even with the cost of the taxi, this hotel was far cheaper than our on site hotel!

There is free, if slow, wifi and a nice fitness center downstairs. There is a tiki bar/snack place next to the pool in addition to the bar inside the lobby near the restaurant. Maid service was fantastic. I loved coming back to my room to find everything clean and tidy, but also they had taken the time to lay out a small hand towel in the bathroom and carefully arrange our personal things out instead of all jumbled up in a corner as I had left them. It felt like having a personal butler.

Again, if I return to Disney, I will stay HERE without a second thought! Far cheaper than onsite Disney and far and away NICER!! I truly loved it and would recommend it with no hesitation!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank chayton6
Thank you for your review and the perfect rating.
London
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Stayed here for my trip with a mate in November - primary purpose was the location for the theme parks, disney etc. Hotel was clean, service very good, nice pool.

I would recommend this hotel, though a few niggly points:
- the poolside music was awful, many people commented on it though the staff told us that the radio channel wasnt allowed to be changed - it did our heads in after a while -- they need to get a chill out lounge CD or two!
- on checking in they gave us complimentary tickets to disney parks "just go over to the concierge to collect them". In fact this was a time share tour - you get booked in for your tour and then a hard sell and then you would get your tickets. Many guests seemed to get sucked into this. Never experienced this with a Raddisson - and I think its a practice they need to cease immediately.

Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank joninlondon1
On behalf of our entire staff here, I apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your review and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope of exceeding all of our futrue guests expectations
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Stayed there for 3 nights during recent visit to Orlando for business.

Hotel is located at major highway intersection. Very convenient if you're going to Disney Park or Sea World. Minutes away from a huge shopping outlet. Only problem is you can only enter hotel on one side of the road (going Westbound I believe) and if you're coming back from Downtown Disney or the parks, you'll have to make a U-turn on a very very busy road.

Paid $75 plus tax a night - which was not bad. The room is very spacious and we have 2 queen beds with a pull-out, microwave and fridge.

Plenty of restaurants and fast food places nearby. Free on-site parking. Free in room Wi-Fi.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank mcmug2002
GMlbfl, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 18, 2009
UK
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Stayed at the Radisson for 3 nights in early November after reading the recommendations here and am glad I did. Rooms are very clean and spacious in comparison to many hotels. Brilliant location just off the highway and near the attractions but not noisy. Also there's an abundance of places to eat within a 5 min drive or walk and every cuisine you can think of.

I read the comments about noise from the elevator keeping people awake so when checking in requested a room as far away as possible (which is always a minimal distance but enough that you're not disturbed when sleeping) Rooms beginning 401, 501 etc are furthest away. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub each day and had both to ourselves for the duration.

Only have a couple of gripes. Constant jazz music plays over the speakers by the pool and it becomes tiresome after a while. More contemporary music would've been welcome. Also, if you're not a big breakfast person and looking for something light then you're better off going elsewhere. I paid $1.60 for a banana which seemed a ridiculous price. Coffee is way overpriced too. Paid $2.80 for a coffee at the bar. The Waffle House (open 24 hrs) is across the car park from the hotel so would suggest people nip over there for a coffee. Also some of the staff are inexperienced, unhelpful and provided minimal assistance when asked where the nearest bank was or why the internet wasn't working.

Overall though I loved my stay and this hotel did exceed my expectations. Remember to pick up your free freshly baked cookies from the reception area every afternoon. They are delicious, especially if you put them in the fridge for a while or heat them in the microwave! (fridge and microwave in room) I highly recommend this hotel, especially for European's that are researching the many hotels in Orlando and looking for value for money. You will be pleasantly surprised, promise.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple