“Great Value - Passed the Sniff test with Flying colors!”

Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #100 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights - mid-May. First of all this passed the Sniff test with flying colors, no weird smells, or enhancers designed to mask weird smells. It was clean, well appointed and a pleasure to return to each evening. The front desk addressed my concern about I-4 by allowing me to pick my room - very professional and helpful. I liked that they had self- laundry facilities available - perhaps a recent addition based on signage. As others have notes this is located in the midst of an urban jungle...but it also adds the convenience of proximity of parks and services so it is a trade off. I have stayed many times in the Orlando area and have always tended toward - 4 star accommodations...I have to say this 3 1/2 star with its lack of resort fee and parking fee has beaten out my past choices. I WILL be back.

Room Tip: Choose the side away from I-4 if possible.
2  Thank RoRoFL
Write a ReviewReviews (3,821)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here for two days the first week of May. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We have allergies and asked for all down free bedding. They did a room check before we arrived to make sure there was no down in the room. For those who like down - it is available. I actually stayed here with two of my three children while my husband and other child stayed in our intitial room at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside room: they caught a stomach flu and we decided to separate to contain it. We had seen good reviews of the Radisson and gave it a try. I honestly didn't want to go back to the Port Orleans Riverside room. The Radisson two queen bed room was bigger (including the bathroom) and nicer looking. The kids didn't want to leave the Radisson either.

2  Thank kristatipperlee
MgmntTeamRadissonLBV, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear ‘Kristatipperlee: Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review- we are delighted that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel! We also hope that you, along with your family are fully recovered and that you were still able to have a memorable vacation to Orlando, FL! We invite you to stay with us again in the future, anytime! Wishing you well always!

Many thanks,
-The Radisson LBV Team

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Me and my wife just spent a week here on our honeymoon. We had a jacuzzi room that was very nice. We loved the room and they do a great job of daily cleaning. I would say get your Disney tickets from Disney, thats what we had to do. We were told the hotel sold Disney tickets so we tried to buy them there, but I had already went on Disney.com to see how much they would cost. We asked for a 2 day pass+hopper which is $233. The guy pulled out a sheet saying a 2 day pass + hopper was $303 and if we went on a 90 minute tour he would give us a discount. I spent 20 minutes trying to get him to explain why it was more than Disney. He was telling us that was the price, and was acting mad we didn't believe him. Finally I broke everything down to him 1 day-$90 2 day- $176 hopper $57 is $233 how are you getting $303. After that he pulled out a sheet with the regular prices, and we were like yes that's what we want. He then said he could not sell us those and we should just buy them off Disney.com. I was confused because I thought he was selling Disney tickets. We also paid for breakfast in bed but they forgot it so we had to go downstairs for breakfast that day. The next day they did remember . They have a breakfast buffet for $11 but they charged us $5.00 for the orange juice. So me and wife paid $22 for the buffet and $11 for 2 glasses of orange juice. A few days I walked to the waffle house right in the same lot and got breakfast and orange juice for $8.00 total. They have a shuttle that goes to the parks but it only leaves and comes back a few times a day. It also services mutliple hotels. When we took the 10:30 bus back from magic kingdom it was like 60 of us waiting for one bus. There was no line to get on so we were pushing trying to get on because no one wanted to be left behind. The driver actually had to leave 8 people behind. I was standing up and the driver had to go stop by 3 other hotels before getting to ours. The hotel is in a great location. A 24 hour grocery store and plenty of food options are within walking distance.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank antoinb

Dear ‘antoin b’: Thank you for taking the time to share your very detailed and honest review of your experience with us- we are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel itself and your room were satisfactory! We also take note and great concern of some of the details and tips that you provided in your review. We commit to investigating these items and to make any corrections necessary so as to assure guest satisfaction! We trust that other guests will qualify these concerns based on their trip needs and wants and be even more educated- that feedback is priceless and we are grateful. We invite you to return to us anytime in the future, when once again, we will be honored to have you as our Guest(s)!

With warmest regards,
The Radisson LBV Team
…Stay Connected- Find Us On Facebook/Twitter!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel was kind of a surprise as it is quite comfortable and very clean. The location is literally right off of interstate I-4. Our room faced the interstate but the rooms were sound proof enough that the road noise was not an issue, even with a small baby. The staff was very kind and accommodating and willing to answer any questions about the area. The pool was very nice and warm. There is not a pretty view, but there is a nice place to play.

Tips:
If you want cheaper tickets to theme parks --> they are available in the hotel lobby and all over Orlando. However nothing is free. The deal is that you have to go listen to a sales pitch at another hotel for a couple of hours in order to get the discounted tickets.... this may be a good deal for you if you want to get more for your money.

-----the lady with long blonde hair who works for this ticket company in the hotel was quite pushy and we ended up using a coupon code we found online because she was so rude and such a car salesman high pressure type.

--make sure you know the schedule for the free shuttles. it will help you plan much better.

Overall we would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the interstate...
4  Thank YUMorYUCK

Dear ‘YUMorYUCK’: Thank you for visiting us from Georgia, our neighbor state! We are grateful for your accolades in your review and your visit! You have provided some very insightful information that both we and our guests are grateful for! Please trust, we have addressed the specific concerns you shared with those folks directly, as we agree, that behavior is unacceptable and we are disappointed that you were cared for in this way by agent the Ticket Sales Desk. Additionally, your tip on the shuttle schedule is brilliant and we would like to the the opportunity to inform guests reading this review, to visit our direct website, where the shuttle schedule can be viewed in advance, indeed helpful for planning- in turn saving money on parking fees etc at the parks! Thank you! We certainly hope to see you soon!

With warmest regards,
The Radisson LBV Team
…Stay Connected- Find Us On Facebook/Twitter!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I just came back from my stay at the Radisson hotel in Lake Buena Vista. My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days during our trip to Disney World. Firstly, the Radisson is in a pretty good location; it's right on the edge of one of Disney's entrances. The area itself is safe. You can find a local supermarket, Mcdonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Perkins, TGI Fridays, Millers Ale House, Denny's, Ihop, etc. all within a five minute walk. Very convenient! You can't go hungry here.

I noticed right away how spacious and clean the room was. It was kept up very well by the staff everyday. Our room was situated in the middle of the hotel. It was quiet; we experienced no problems with noise. It featured a small mini fridge and a microwave; convenient for groceries or heating up leftovers.

One of the features here was the sleep number beds. I actually was very comfortable. I have a terrible back and had no pain during the whole week of vacation. It's a bit loud to adjust your sleep number (the machine sounds like a leaf blower), but despite that, it's comfortable. We actually had to adjust the numbers every night because it would deflate after awhile. Not a big problem though.

My boyfriend and I did not have a car so we relied on their free complimentary shuttle service to get around to different parks. It's pretty good. We got to places in time. Warning! It does pick up people at other hotels too. In my experience however, there was a seat for everyone. You may want to consider if this shuttle service will still be reliable in summer peak times. The downside to the shuttle service is days at Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Those days we stayed late for fireworks so we had to either run to catch the shuttle or miss it completely and take a cab instead. At Epcot, they told us the wrong lane number and we had to run down the lanes to get on the right shuttle! I wish they would include just one more shuttle at 11 or 12 so you don't feel like you need to sprint after the fireworks show.

For cabs, it cost us about $20 from Magic Kingdom.Typhoon Lagoon was $15. Downtown Disney was about $10, just to give some estimates. I disagree with other reviewers here; The walk to downtown disney is definitely not short. It's a long winding road. I would not walk to it. Personally, I'd rather not have to do anymore walking than I have to; I am walking a lot in Disney afterall!

Foodwise, this hotel does not include complimentary breakfast. They have a buffet in the morning, and it cost us about $13 a person. It's not worth it. I highly suggest going to Perkins next door if you're spending that much per person; it's a much bigger selection. The hotel buffet is limited. If you want to go cheaper, try either Mcdonald's or getting some breakfast food at the supermarket for the length of your stay.

I'd say consider extra fees (taxis, breakfast, etc) to see if it's worth staying here or somewhere else. At $86 a night, it was pretty much a steal, and I think we made a great choice. I would consider staying here again. I was very impressed by how clean it was, and I had a pleasant stay with my boyfriend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank blazinwolf
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here 2 years in a row for our trips to Disney. This hotel is very pleasing to the eye clean, staff is more than accommodating. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned. (sleep number bed) is wonderful. locations is perfect, right off the highway. Disney parks are 1 or 2 exits depending on park. This has become our go to option for our trip to Disney. you wont be disappointed. ery close to shopping, outlets, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a quick weekend getaway in May 2013. Being the germ-a-phobe that I am, I was very skeptical from the moment I walked through the door. But to my surprise, I found nothing to complain about. The lobby was picture perfect. The elevator did not have the normal elevator stench. The hallways even smelled nice. We stayed in the king Jacuzzi suite and was very impressed. The sleep number bed, down comforter, and soft pillows were to die for. I didn't find a speck of dust or dirtiness in the room at all. There's definitely a concrete jungle that surrounds the hotel on the outside so if you're looking for a tropical paradise-this isn't the place. We laid by the pool for a bit and could definitely hear the constant roar of traffic and police sirens. A set of ear buds and some music took care of that problem, tho, and I was as relaxed as could be. The hotel is right in the heart of shopping, restaurants, and of course-Disney. When my husband I went out for meals-we walked to the restaurant. That seemed way easier and faster than fighting the traffic. We did not visit the hotel bar or the restaurant. Thank you Radisson for a great weekend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple