“Overall Good Stay, Minor Hangups”

Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #83 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Overall Good Stay, Minor Hangups”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

-Need Pay per view. Very few hd channels even tho TVs were HD capable.
-maid service, while polite and providing great service,woke me up every morning of my vacation. They should have a list of guests checking out to clean first then come back for guests who may be sleep or dressing to go out for the day. The knock was soft but still woke me up.
-more bus info. Front desk staff had no information about buses to downtown disney or sea world and seemed clueless when asked how to get there. Even if you are not sure offer assistance in some way. Hotel is on a major strip and should know how to get to major attractions.
-feather duvets are too hot for spring in florida. They were brown in color when held up to the light.
-sleep number Bed is not comfortable. May need to be updated.
-Irish accented concierge offered me a seat in presentation for time shares in exchange for $60 cash. Then said the space was full and they had no room for me. After this she then screened me and said I didn't qualify anyways because I wouldn't admit to having/showing her my credit card. With me being a recent victim of identity theft I wasn't going to admit to a perfect stranger having a credit card in a hotel with access to all my personal demographic information. Upon Checkin guests should be asked if they are interested in hearing some info about time shares etc. I'm on vacation if I wanted a timeshare, I would have stayed at one.
-Hotel charges. I prepaid in advance as well as prepaid my $25 deposit but I was given a card to charge to my room. Then after breakfast in hotel bistro, after giving waiter my hotel charge card, he asked if I paid for my room with credit card or not which was bizarre. I didn't understand why he asked me that and said if there was a problem he should contact the front desk, not ask a guest that question. If $25 deposit prepaid then guests should not be given a room charge card, it's confusing. If I'm not mistaken reservation never mention any deposit was required.
-checkout. Gentleman who started my checkout tried to tell me I owed $200 (which I didn't). I told him I prepaid and would sit and give time to check his records. He seemed to review my charges with a fine-toothed comb
which made me uncomfortable. Other attendant came up and verified everything and also saw I was owed a refund.
-pool area could used refreshing.
Nice pool lounge furniture.
Beautiful lobby and hallways.
Great bathroom. Clean & modern room decor.

Room Tip: Request rooms opposite the expressway away from elevator.
2 Thank MsLaadi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed May 4, 2013

With a very good rate, the hotel offers comfort in the apartment. The mattresses have a system that adapts to the weight of the host, which makes the beds very comfortable.
Free internet, free in-room safe and free parking.
The receptionists were very friendly and there is a guest service desk that provides info and tickets for the main attractions. Also they offer transfer for the outlets.
We didn't use the restaurant or the pool, so it's not possible to evaluate.
Our room was overlooking the parking lot but we didn't have any problem with noise.
I met the manager by chance in the hallway and he was very friendly, asking if everything was okay for our stay.
Definitely I'll be staying in this hotel with my family next time I go to Orlando.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gigi B
Cardiff
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is approximately 100 meters from I4, the main interstate highway that runs through Orlando. We had a room on the second floor (#214). The noise from the road was so loud that it was almost impossible to sleep. Being America, traffic is pretty much 24 hours, so very little break in the noise. Would recommend to others to avoid, as even if you are lucky to get a room facing away from I4, I cannot imagine the pool etc to be a very relaxing experience. Luckily we only had 1 night there. If we were in Orlando longer, we would definitely have moved hotels to one of the many further from the highway

Room Tip: If you absolutely have to stay there, insist on a room away from the interstate
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AlexDavies
MgmntTeamRadissonLBV, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear ‘Alex Davies’: Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and of course for choosing to stay with us. We wish to sincerely apologize that you were not fully satisfied as our Guest. We understand that each Guest has specific preferences and sensitivities and because of that, we anticipate learning them through communication with our Guests, whether at or after check-in. If there are any instances of dissatisfaction, we work diligently as a Team, to provide a fast and convenient solution- in this case, we are certain a room move, perhaps just down the hall, may have resolved this issue and provided you with the comfort we aspire for you to have while staying with us. Again, we apologize and extend an invite to return to us again in the future and at that time, we will work with you to provide you with a room in an ideal location for your comfort. We appreciate your feedback and wish you well, always!

With warmest regards,
the Radisson Orlando-LBV Team
London, England
Reviewed April 30, 2013

A really nice hotel and I will definitely stay again. Was slightly dissapointed that the whirlpool bath didnt work considering we paid extra for this feature. Reception suggested we might not have filled it enough but we tried again and this wasnt the case. i am sure engineers would have been happy to fix but didnt really want them doing this during our stay. I told reception again it didnt work during the stay hoping they might recompense but they didnt. Oh well - only a minor dissapointment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hoofdaddy
Maryland
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Radisson was a very satisfactory overall, although there were some compromises to be made. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Our room on the side facing away from the Interstate was quiet. Other reviewers have noted the difficulty of getting out of the parking lot onto and across the busy street (Apopka Vineland) on which the hotel is located. While true, it seemed to us a little less of a problem than we expected. You have to get to the left only if you are going to the I-4, such as when you are going to Disney World or up to the airport, and traffic can force you to sit briefly at the parking lot exit. If you are going to Downtown Disney, however, you make a right turn out of the lot onto Apopka Vineland and have plenty of time to get to the left turn at the first light, a major access route to Downtown Disney. You can also stay on Apopka Vineland for little over 4 miles and get up to the many restaurants and shopping areas on Sand Lake Road without having to get on I-4, an easy drive at least on the evening we did it.

We found the Radisson’s “Sleep Number” beds to be an annoyance at best. If you are already familiar with Sleep Number, and/or know how and where you want it set, you may love it. We aren’t and didn’t, and would have preferred a plain ol’ high quality hotel-grade mattress.

Note also that the Radisson, unlike many hotels in its category, doesn’t include breakfast in the room price. That effectively adds $25-30 per couple to the cost if you want the breakfast offered in the Radisson’s restaurant, which looked to us only slightly more extensive than the breakfast arrays included in the room rates at most of the Holiday Inns and Hamptons at which we’ve stayed. There are of course several offsite choices (e.g., Waffle House, Denny’s, IHOP) nearby if you don’t mind leaving the hotel.

Our most recent previous visit to Walt Disney World included staying onsite at a WDW resort. The cost comparison between our two visits was striking: (1) Two nights at our WDW for two adults cost about $700; (2) Two nights at the Radisson (a little over $200) plus two admissions to the park ($178) plus excellent dinners at two of Orlando’s top restaurants (under $200 total) plus parking at WDW ($15 – free when you stay at a WDW resort and use their transportation) would still leave $100 for souvenirs. The WDW resorts are lovely, comfortable, and entertaining places to stay, and may indeed be fairly priced for what they offer, but budget accordingly if that’s your preference when you come to Disney World.

2 Thank Not_The_Donald
Boca Raton
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was the second time that my family stayed at this hotel this year. It is very convenient to Disney World and Downtown Disney which we visited each time. The price is about the best value for the area. There is no parking fee and no resort fee. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The room is larger than most with an extra alcove with a pull out sleeper sofa for those needing an extra bed. There is a fridge and microwave. They do not have the free breakfast that most hotels do. So we bought OJ and donuts the night before for a quick bite to get out early in the morning. Hotel staff is friendly and met our request to have 2 rooms next to each other for this last visit. We would definitely stay here again.

3 Thank floridab
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel 4 years ago for a family vacation. We recently returned to this hotel for a business conference. This hotel is very clean and the staff is very accommodating. The price is right and the location is excellent....minutes away from Disney.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business