“Stay No 5 - still great!”

Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #96 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Oh, we are sooo love this hotel. Not expensive, very convenient for everything - you already know it. The service is fine, bar service is outstanding. Loved our room. Great service with automate machines, if you want something extra. Deliveries. Taxis. Always cool to stay here!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank alexzhdanov
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed here for only one night as we flew in earlier than we could check in to the timeshare.
Property was clean, and conveniently located in regards to DisneyWorld and lots of stores and restaurants. Being RIGHT off the main highway, its easy to find, and easy to get to/leave as long as it is not during the DisneyWorld opening/closing time visitors rush. Be ready to sit in traffic if you find yourself in that crowd. We found it easier to walk to the nearby shopping center to get a meal this particular night.
Staff at the front desk was friendly and offered cookies to grab on our way to the room. We were passed off after getting our room keys and parking permit to another desk to get our "Welcome Package". The lady at this counter was nice, but still VERY agressive until we got hassled enough into agreeing to attend a timeshare presentation. We semi-hustled their system to get two 3-day Disney passes for the price of two 1-day passes, but that's another subject.
We upgraded to a Whirlpool Suite which was at the end of the hallway. Room was decent sized as there was only two of us. I suppose other rooms would have seemed more spacious without a whirlpool spa in the corner. Room and bathroom was clean, only "flaw" I noticed was a corner section of the wall in the bathroom, that was obviously cut out and replaced to do work on the spa. The bed was a "sleep number" bed which was neat to try out, but with only one night to try it we couldn't figure out our preferred number so the bed wasn't exactly perfect.
We could hear a constant hum for a while, and realized it was the neighbor up above using their spa, and figured that's what ours sounded like when we used it.
All in all, room was worth the money we paid, and would consider staying here again if we returned to the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MareS714
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Following the other Tripadvisor reviews of the hotel we stayed at the Radisson LBV for ten days at the end of Feb 2013, we hired a car and the drive from Orlando airport was approx 15-20 mins. After such a long flight it was good to see how easy it was to find (especially with a satnav) directly off the highway and there were plenty of parking spaces.
Check-in was quick, the reception staff were friendly and very helpful, the reception area is smart with the bar and seating areas located within it. There is a customer service desk which sells tickets to the parks. Free cookies available in the afternoon which was a nice touch.
The rooms are large, we had two large beds and a sofa (foldaway bed), wardrobe, safe, coffee maker, microwave and fridge. There was a large flatscreen TV and plenty of storage.The bathroom had a shower/bath and sink/vanity area with a hairdryer available under the sink to plug in. We had a view over the shopping area adjacent to the hotel. We thought the sleep number beds were great and slept really well for the entire stay. The rooms were cleaned everyday and towels refreshed as required.
The hotel has a gym and an outdoor pool and jacuzzi spa which had a number of sun loungers and free towels available. The hotel bar had a good happy hour on during our stay and the prices of drinks were very good, the bar staff were very friendly.
We didnt eat at the hotel as the supermarket was handy to buy cereal and milk for breakfast and there were too many opportunities to eat out at night.
It's easy and not far to drive to Downtown Disney and all the theme parks, when the road outside is busy in the evening it can be tricky to time your exit to cut across the traffic but nothing worth worrying about. You could walk to Downtown if you really wanted to but after a day on your feet the fair distance might just be the last thing you want/are able to do.
The Crossroads shopping plaza area next door was really useful for the supermarket and large number of restaurants both fast food and dining (McDonalds, Taco Bell, TGI Fridays, Red Lobster, Uno, Perkins bakery and plenty more).
The free wifi located in the hotel with free parking and no resort fee are an excellent bonus to the hotel, I would recommend it to others and I would stay here again. Thanks for a good stay.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator areas, the vending and ice machines are very noisy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lotsofshoes22
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I arrived at 2:00 PM with an arrival check in time of 3:00 PM after flying into Orlando. I was very happy to see that the room was ready upon arrival and was greeted by Lisa at the front counter who was very friendly. We had a suite with a seperate room for my wife and I while my mother-in-law had the main room. The beds were a real nice surprise as they were Sleep Number beds and this was my first expeience with this type of bed. The overall conditions of the entire hotel and staff were great wih the exception of the noise from the elevator. Great place to stay and many places in the area to dine.

Room Tip: Suites are noisy if next to the elevators
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ozzilla
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Was there from the February 25 to March 03 2013.

Pros:
Clean and neat
Great location
Friendly staffs
Super fast elevators
Fast services

Cons:
Expensive
Room needs to upgrade
Noisy bathroom's fan
Need better pillows

Numbers beds ... To be honest, I'm not crazy about it! We've been in differences hotels (without numbers beds) and we think it's better ... therefore I believed this a matter of taste so I will let you judge about it!

In general, I think the it is a little bit expensive comparing to others ... If it was a little cheaper than I would say it's perfect for the price vs quality!

In general, I would say it is a good hotel but not perfect and yes I would recommended this hotel (depending on your needs)!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank J T
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just returned from a 5 night visit at this hotel. I believe it is worth the $. The rooms are great with 2 QB and a small pull out couch. The bathroom was up to date and clean. My daughter and I stayed and felt very safe here. The staff is excellent and I had no problem understanding their english. We visited the pool on a couple of occassions and did not find any trash. In fact, I found them powerwashing the entire pool area including the furniture when I went down. The hot tub left a little to be desired, but the pool was clean. I expect the water to be chilly when the evenings were 42 degrees. We did have a car, so transportation was easy for us. However, I will say if you are trying to get out from dinner to drive back to the hotel when disney is letting out, it is a little tricky due to the traffic and placement of the hotel. However, many resturants are within walking distance. Of course it is not a 5 star resort and does not seem to promote itself to be. I can say I was pleasantly surprised, as I normally would not book with Radisson because their properties seem to be on the older side.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank mykidsmom3
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We hadn't planned to spend the night in Orlando bit after a long and tedious traffic block a day trip turned into an overnight stay. The concierge, Mr. West, was very accommodating and we had a room two minutes after walking in. It was my girlfriend's birthday and after getting back to the hotel after dinner there was a little gift bag outside our room door! The room was great; clean and neat and well-arranged. This is definitely one of the best hotels I've stayed at in a while. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013